Hell's Angels as constitutional defenders.

Woodenhead
Guru

Re: Hell's Angels as constitutional defenders.

Post by Woodenhead »

Rats also make things up in order to be let off [easier]; cops and rats both lie, sometimes. Because they're human. #whodathunkit
Your bias suits you.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Woodenhead wrote:Rats also make things up in order to be let off [easier]; cops and rats both lie, sometimes. Because they're human. #whodathunkit

That is why the rats are kept secret, not so much as to protect them but to protect the case by bringing their credibility into question.

All the rat program does is feed the people doing the most damage to society.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Cutter7 ...

Since the alternative is to go through with the minor charge against the criminal helping the police and let the criminal committing the more serious crime go free I fail to understand your logic. To let criminals committing more serious crimes continually go free in the name of justice?

Only lawyers, judges and criminal think that way, as evidenced by the present interpretation of the charter that often results in criminals committing serious crimes, including child murder, go free. By not allowing evidence of guilt or innocence to be admitted into court.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

No problem donald I will explain it to you. I believe you should arrest the lower level criminal , (the ones committing all the street level crime to pay for their habits) as well as the dealers.

street crime will drop automatically because those people are in jail. pretty simple concept to me.

The war on drugs has been lost for years, might as well arrest the people who not only need to be taken off the street but need help.

you wan to arrest the higher ups? go ahead, sooner or later they will have to expose themselves and do their own work.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To cutter7 ...

I do not accept that your theory is realistic given all of the factors inherent in our criminal drug systems. For a wide variety of reasons there will always be more addicts than the system can handle.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Yes, and paying them for information does not help them or the rest of society.

you are feeding off their addiction to fuel more arrests that never accomplish anything.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To cutter7 ...

From first hand experience I know that the victims of many types of serious crimes, including murder and heavy drug trafficking, would disagree with you.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Donald G wrote:To cutter7 ...

From first hand experience I know that the victims of many types of serious crimes, including murder and heavy drug trafficking, would disagree with you.

when you can show proof that a murder victim disagrees with me we'll talk.

On a serious note, you and I both know I am not talking about information on murder. I am talking about the rat program that enables the street level addict to keep giving information and stay on the street,, breaking into cars, shop lifting, selling street level drugs to whomever will buy them.

eg,, that hells angels rat who the cops paid a million bucks here a few years ago.. tell me what was accomplished other than a go nowhere, change nothing arrest? the scumbag is back on the street with permission and a million bucks to fund his crap.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cutter7 wrote:No problem donald I will explain it to you. I believe you should arrest the lower level criminal , (the ones committing all the street level crime to pay for their habits) as well as the dealers.

street crime will drop automatically because those people are in jail. pretty simple concept to me.

The war on drugs has been lost for years, might as well arrest the people who not only need to be taken off the street but need help.

you wan to arrest the higher ups? go ahead, sooner or later they will have to expose themselves and do their own work.

I agree with you on this one cutter. let the higher-ups do the dirty work.lol would love to see that
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To cutter7 ...

You seem to think that a criminal who "cooperates" with one police officer regarding one situation is known to all other police officers and is then free to continue committing crimes. You also seem to think that any police officer can authorize trading a minor offender for a major offender. Such is far from the actual truth.

There are a whole set of checks and balances involved and such checks and balances are always reduced to writing. Sometimes they are even reduced to a contract format.

Such deals are probably most common in dealing with criminal gangs. Especially criminal drug gangs for obvious reasons.

The new interpretation of the charter, as determined by our criminal court judges has determined that anything done by an informant at the request of a police officer means the person MUST testify in open court. Given that most such deals would be extremely hazardous to an informants well being, the police are in most cases limited to receiving information of assistance.

You have again skewed the facts to make it sound like the police are condoning crime by criminals.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Donald, as I have said before I know it for a fact as it was offered to me on more than one occasion.

I don't know what evidence you would have as an ex prosecutor in how the police make their shady deals or offers and I doubt they would tell you as you are the one who has to present the evidence to the judge.

It is my personal opinion that a prosecutor is played like a puppet by the police and its kind of sad that you never saw it.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

You seem to have a lot of completely unsupported and in some cases, downright false, "knowledge".
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Donald G wrote:You seem to have a lot of completely unsupported and in some cases, downright false, "knowledge".

unsupported only because the offers are made " off the record" you are entitled to your opinion and seem to set in your ways to want to learn the truth.

Interesting to me though, how a prosecutor can talk trash about a defendant based only on what the police tell him and if a witness repeats what someone else says its called hearsay.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To cutter7 ...

Wrong twice more ... perhaps you should try another field that you know something about.

There is no such thing as "off the record" when it comes to an officer giving sworn evidence in court.

There are a number of exceptions to the hearsay rule when giving evidence in court.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Did I say off the record in court? I was offered the deal at the police station . had I taken the deal I would not have seen a court room.

a prosecutor is nothing more than a puppet for the police. They have no clue what really happens they just spew the manure they are fed by the cops.

Return to “B.C.”