Hell's Angels as constitutional defenders.

cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Hell's Angels as constitutional defenders.

Post by cutter7 »

Kim bolan and agent K must be pulling their hair out.
http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/10/17/hell ... hampion-2/
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Hells angels as constitutional defenders.

Post by Relentless »

Irony: A group of motorcycle maggots and cockroaches that break every law in Canada, now wants to use the law to their advantage.
The Government should just pass a law that "outlaw" motorcycle gangs are not allowed in Canada, and put a bounty on their heads. Or at the very least get rid of these clowns one by one using the military, as they are clearly the enemy.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

This is the same BC Civil Liberties Association that claims the RCMP and CSIS are spying on people for looking at their facebook pages.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Twobits ...

Yep. The same ones who use false allegations against the police to gain enough notoriety to get elected on the NDP ticket. IMO Civil Rights had nothing whatever to do with their activities over the last few years. Nothing but NDP politics.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To UltraViolet ...

Something like the RICO law in the states that the FBI used to all but completely emasculate organized crime in the USA. Unfortunately, since 7/11 two out of three agents who used to work organized crime have been swiched over to anti terrorism and the gangs now have a chance to rebuild.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The forfeiture laws in one way are a good idea, if they achieve the goals as stated; that being a means to impede criminal activity and recover "ill gotten gains".

The problem, as it always is is that it will ensnare "relatively insignificant" individuals who have no way of defending themselves.

What the Government needs to do is clearly identify who the targets are and not worry about the little guys.

I am not defending even the small grow op homes (I really don't care though) but I think it is an entire waste of time and effort to use these loosely worded laws to hammer those who really need to be dealt with by the regular system and laws.

If you happen to trap a smaller than legal animal or shellfish while you're hunting or fishing, you would throw it back and I think that's what needs to be done here.

This law is a huge departure from process and as such needs to be more focused.

As far as the Angels challenging it? It may be ironic but is legal and I for one think that they are simply using the system to fight the system. It's legal and constitutional albeit a bit skewed.

It may serve to make the Government sharpen up in order to make themselves less of a target in the future.

And it my protect some of those who can't protect themselves.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Hells Angels as constitutional defenders.

Post by Ranger66 »

The scary part is that we have to have the Hells Angels save us from a government department gone on an erroneous path that started with the best of intentions and has turned into a department out of an Orwellian nightmare.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

twobits wrote:This is the same BC Civil Liberties Association that claims the RCMP and CSIS are spying on people for looking at their facebook pages.

Civil liberties are saying the same thing as the hells angels but its the angels challenging the law in court.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Nothing new here, criminals using the laws in this country to continue to get away with their illegal activities/behaviour.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

UltraViolet wrote:Irony: A group of motorcycle maggots and cockroaches that break every law in Canada, now wants to use the law to their advantage.
The Government should just pass a law that "outlaw" motorcycle gangs are not allowed in Canada, and put a bounty on their heads. Or at the very least get rid of these clowns one by one using the military, as they are clearly the enemy.

The Angels, the group’s lawyer argues, is not a proven criminal organization, therefore, forfeiture of its properties in east Vancouver, Kelowna and Nanaimo is a violation of its Charter rights.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To flamingfingers ...

You once asked what I meant by dishonest use of the law? The Hells Angels lawyer using the Charter to help them escape paying the price of their years of criminal lawlessness is another perfect example of what I was talking about. The fact that they have been independently convicted of a large number of violent and destructive criminal offenses and the law has not permitted them to be found to be a Criminal Organization in B.C. is a reflection of the judicial stupidity we permit to pass as "legal interpretation" by the men in black.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Ranger66 ...

Your comments cause me to wonder which criminal gang you represent?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Consider the fact that many hells angels work the waterfront, does that mean the longshore union is a criminal organization?

I can understand why the crown needs to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Laws are in place to protect innocent people.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Considering that judges started their careers as lawyers and most likely as prosecutors ,, successful ones move on into their own practices or partnerships before being appointed to the bench, comments from an ex prosecutor seem like petty whining from from someone who did not get invited to the party.

A successful lawyer could have gotten appointed and made a difference from his own "interpretations"
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To cutter7 ...

In theory laws are in place to protect the innocent. In Canada in reality, primarily because of the judicial interpretation of the Charter, they are also used to protect the guilty. That is the difference between judicial theory and reality in our Criminal Courts.

Return to “B.C.”