Feds Reject Billion Dollar Mine

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Feds Reject Billion Dollar Mine

Post by Merry »

rvrepairnut wrote:whats really odd to me and personally upsets me in my way of thinking is why why do we give so much power and credence to Indians of whom most have no money and no way of self support through their own doings and suck us dry to the tune of 10 billion plus each year and then dcitate to us who can do what on crown and private lands which they do not own???
WHY do we even allow them a voice in these matters? It just kills me.

Because they have legal treaties that were signed many years ago, which give them rights to some of the disputed lands.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

rvrepairnut wrote:me thinks that's the most ridiculous statement I have read regarding the mine issue?? its Not even remotely close to any truth what so ever nor are the three connected

While the pipeline and the mine may not be connected in the way Granny describes, I think the decisions concerning each are very much connected in the minds of the politicians making those decisions.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Bcause they have legal treaties that were signed many years ago, which give them rights to some of the disputed lands.

[/quote]
yes but NOT the mineral rights and they have no right to decide if a mine goes in or not NONE ,and who says this mine is totally on indian land?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

rvrepairnut wrote:yes but NOT the mineral rights and they have no right to decide if a mine goes in or not NONE ,and who says this mine is totally on indian land?

Land surveyors? The government? Map Makers?

Can I build my swimming pool in part of your back yard? its only about 10 square feet extra that I need. You don't TOTALY own all the land my swimming pool will occupy so I can imagine you have no issue with my back yard construction project.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

they don't own the mineral rights
spiritualteachers

Post by spiritualteachers »

rvrepairnut wrote:whats really odd to me and personally upsets me in my way of thinking is why why do we give so much power and credence to Indians of whom most have no money and no way of self support through their own doings and suck us dry to the tune of 10 billion plus each year and then dcitate to us who can do what on crown and private lands which they do not own???
WHY do we even allow them a voice in these matters? It just kills me.

It bugs me when someone nowhere near the place that the damage to the environment will occur complains about it like they have some ownership of the land? I'm glad it's not going in I'd like to keep BC clean - If people are complaining about jobs move to where the jobs are. That's what Id id I moved right from that area and came to Kelowna to work. We have to damage that area because you need a job? Get off your but and go to where the jobs are.

More than welcome to move to alberta where it now looks like Mordor from Lord of the rings.
GEW
Fledgling

Post by GEW »

It bugs me when someone nowhere near the place that the damage to the environment will occur complains about it like they have some ownership of the land? I'm glad it's not going in I'd like to keep BC clean - If people are complaining about jobs move to where the jobs are. That's what Id id I moved right from that area and came to Kelowna to work. We have to damage that area because you need a job? Get off your but and go to where the jobs are.
More than welcome to move to alberta where it now looks like Mordor from Lord of the rings.[/quote]
-------------

What about British Columbians like myself ( I already have a job here) who take pride in their province, want to work in this province and want to live and support this province? Is every body in BC supposed to defect to Alberta to make room for retired and wealthy Albertans who want this place to be their own personal amusement park? I was born in BC and I want to support BC not Alberta; but this can't be done without jobs and a tax base. I'm not saying turn the entire province into Mordor, but we need primary rescource extraction here. We must find a way for this mine and many others to work.
Keep calm and wear your tinfoil hat.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

To those who say we shouldn't develop any more mines because they harm the environment, I say "put your money where your mouth is' and throw away your cell phone, get rid of your vehicle, your computer, your big screen TV, and just about every other trapping of modern life. Because without mines, it wouldn't be possible to own any of those things.

The fact is that it is hypocritical to say we shouldn't mine the land, while still enjoying all the benefits mining brings us.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I have removed an excessively insulting exchange, and will do so again if needs be. Chronic offenders will get special treatment - fluffy
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Merry wrote:To those who say we shouldn't develop any more mines because they harm the environment, I say "put your money where your mouth is' and throw away your cell phone, get rid of your vehicle, your computer, your big screen TV, and just about every other trapping of modern life. Because without mines, it wouldn't be possible to own any of those things.

The fact is that it is hypocritical to say we shouldn't mine the land, while still enjoying all the benefits mining brings us.

well said. Clap clap!!! 10/10
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

spiritualteachers wrote:
More than welcome to move to alberta where it now looks like Mordor from Lord of the rings.

The entire province looks like Mordor? Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. I was there the other day and I all I saw were some really nice mountains and streams, and a lot of snow. Oh well, it's amazing how fast that Saruman can work on terra-forming if given a big enough army of orks.
Not afraid to say "It".
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

logicalview wrote: Oh well, it's amazing how fast that Saruman can work on terra-forming if given a big enough army of orks.

Saruman? Orcs? Are Dix and the NDP in Alberta too?

Sadly, Taseko dropped the ball on this one and the review panel had no choice but to reject the proposal once again. TKO will have to formulate a proper working plan for Prosperity once and for all, as Lord knows we need those jobs!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Merry wrote:To those who say we shouldn't develop any more mines because they harm the environment, I say "put your money where your mouth is' and throw away your cell phone, get rid of your vehicle, your computer, your big screen TV, and just about every other trapping of modern life. Because without mines, it wouldn't be possible to own any of those things.

What's hypocritical is destroying the environment , using a pristine lake as a tailings pond to make a bunch of gadgets that get thrown away 6 months later because there's now something better, into another hole to be buried in a landfill site to leach into the ground water or on to a cargo ship to China that needs fuel from the oil that destroyed environment from the tar sands.

Recycle is a form of mining without destroying more environment and it creats jobs.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Sadly, Taseko dropped the ball on this one and the review panel had no choice but to reject the proposal once again. TKO will have to formulate a proper working plan for Prosperity once and for all, as Lord knows we need those jobs!

Taseko spent MILLIONS on this deal.They never dropped the ball at all. (edited for language - fluffy)

when u see whom is the head of the "NO" crew its pretty obvious how flawed/biased the process really is
Last edited by rvrepairnut on Feb 28th, 2014, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 28th, 2014, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic

Return to “B.C.”