Legislature speaker Linda Reid spends big on perks

rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Legislature speaker Linda Reid spends big on perks

Post by rvrepairnut »

Speaker of the Legislature Linda Reid has racked up tens of thousands of dollars in questionable expenses, including $48,412 for a custom touch-screen computer terminal in front of her chair in the legislature chamber.
$13,449 to convert half the legislature library into a MLA-only TV lounge — with a $733 “food display case/rack” for coffee, muffins and other free snacks for MLAs — and $13,965 for new drapes at the legislature dining room, according to the documents.
The computer terminal proved particularly expensive, with Reid billing taxpayers $4,500 in design fees alone. The final product had custom wood panelling to help it match the historical and ornate design of the rest of the House.
CAN ANYONE BELEIVE THE BALLS THIS SCBMLA HAS ? She has the audasity to bill tax payers $4500 in design fees alone?

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Legisl ... z2v1tnZM5i
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Re: Legislature speaker Linda Reid spends big on perks

Post by rvrepairnut »

interesting that this thieve has been caught and no one seems to care?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

You would probably get a better response if this were in the BC Politics thread...
Chill
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

IMO,

The article is a hatchet job designed to get silly people all worked up.
The money involved is Minuscule., I bet you want a $100,000 inquiry into the spending of $4500.

If you are going to get your panties in a wad, may as well finds something worth your outrage.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Hassel99 wrote:IMO,

The money involved is Minuscule., I bet you want a $100,000 inquiry into the spending of $4500.

If you are going to get your panties in a wad, may as well finds something worth your outrage.

I respecfully disagree. When u willy nilly spend tax payers money simply because u can cause,s me concern
The money in the scheme of things is miniscule to say the least but by all means does not make it right
I think what one must do is look at the bigger picture and take a look at all wasted and overbuilt government spending and then one sees the big picture. 50K for a monitor is simply outrageous as is the MP from Burnaby whom spent 110K in one year flying his wife and preschool kids to Ottawa several times in a year simply because it was within the rules
My point is if we used reasonable fiscal restraint in every faction of provincial and federal employee spending we MOST certainly would see reduced debt and tax assessments to say the least
My biggest complaint is not so much the amount but the arrogance of the people involved
Also there are lots of non profit organizations refused funding for real needed decent projects and yet u seem to think this broad can waste thousands of BC tax payer dollars and all is well?? people whom think that way are simply put "morons"
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Hassel99 wrote:IMO,

it is not a hatchet job at all.It just is a good example of no matter whom is in government there all self serving arrogant wastefull greedy pigs
Do u ever question why? beer and wine costs are so high, cost of drivers licence is now off the dial,price of fuel through the roof, etc etc etc.Its directly because people like this woman spend all our tax moneys on frivolous things like she is doing

Return to “B.C.”