Re: Shooting at Licenced Grow Op in Surrey

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Yes... and we really do want these kinds of activities to be located in our residential areas!!!! The licensed ones will create the same kind of problems as the unlicensed ones. Rip offs and homes busted into or shot up that are mistakenly identified [by the scumbags] as housing grow ops. Get these so called legal grows out of every residential neighborhood and into industrial areas I say. Putting one's neighbors at risk because you want to grow pot is not the right thing to do.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

That is happening as of April 1st.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

OR

legalize it and everyone who wants it can have a couple plants. No one would bother with an armed robbery then.....
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

As I see it reported, it seems that there is going to be little or no enforcement requiring [for example] the 1000 or more currently operating grows in the Kelowna area to shut down, or have I been interpreting the news on the topic improperly.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Treblehook wrote:As I see it reported, it seems that there is going to be little or no enforcement requiring [for example] the 1000 or more currently operating grows in the Kelowna area to shut down, or have I been interpreting the news on the topic improperly.

That would be logistically difficult I assume the RCMP will deal with complaints and problems as they arise. How would one enforce the closure of 1000 anything all at once if that is indeed the number.

Also, to the OP, did the City not create a bylaw that these new grows must be in industrial areas as of April 1? You posted this topic in the Kelowna thread so my assumption is you are concerned on the Kelowna rules only.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Treblehook wrote:As I see it reported, it seems that there is going to be little or no enforcement requiring [for example] the 1000 or more currently operating grows in the Kelowna area to shut down, or have I been interpreting the news on the topic improperly.

Health Canada issued a letter stating they had to report back they were dismantled and the product destroyed or they would be alerting the RCMP. Whether they report but continue to grow we don't know.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Orrrr concentrate on the ones using violence to break into people's homes to rob them just like should be done for every other type of violent crime. Oh yeah, and once you catch them, try giving actual sentences that are longer in duration than the peaceful guy growing 7+ plants at home minding his/her own business .

People have been growing weed since time eternal. For the same period, others in society have been using violence and intimidation to take what is not theirs from others. Perhaps if HC hadn't breached the privacy of nearly 60,000 sovereign Canadians by mailing out unsecured clearly marked letters these homes wouldn't be so easy to find? Or maybe this had more to do with a group of people who have/had/will continue to grow for years regardless of any HC program and this would have happened anyways. This headline couldn't be any more conveniently timed if they had tried too as the best known court challenge to the proposed changes starts being heard today ( as well as the piblic hearing for the zoning bylaws in Kelowna)? Anecdotely, I would put forth that there have been numerous incidents such as these over the years ( anywhere where a cheap natural plant with amazing health/medicinal qualities is given an inflated absurd price due solely to its "illegality"...I put illegality because there has never ever been anything Unlawful about growing marijuana), yet this is the first story in awhile on castanet /MSM ( especially considering its not a "local" story). People should really be shaking their heads at the perceived reality going on about us.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Here we Go
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

sanfish wrote:Orrrr concentrate on the ones using violence to break into people's homes to rob them just like should be done for every other type of violent crime. Oh yeah, and once you catch them, try giving actual sentences that are longer in duration than the peaceful guy growing 7+ plants at home minding his/her own business .

People have been growing weed since time eternal. For the same period, others in society have been using violence and intimidation to take what is not theirs from others. Perhaps if HC hadn't breached the privacy of nearly 60,000 sovereign Canadians by mailing out unsecured clearly marked letters these homes wouldn't be so easy to find? Or maybe this had more to do with a group of people who have/had/will continue to grow for years regardless of any HC program and this would have happened anyways. This headline couldn't be any more conveniently timed if they had tried too as the best known court challenge to the proposed changes starts being heard today ( as well as the piblic hearing for the zoning bylaws in Kelowna)? Anecdotely, I would put forth that there have been numerous incidents such as these over the years ( anywhere where a cheap natural plant with amazing health/medicinal qualities is given an inflated absurd price due solely to its "illegality"...I put illegality because there has never ever been anything Unlawful about growing marijuana), yet this is the first story in awhile on castanet /MSM ( especially considering its not a "local" story). People should really be shaking their heads at the perceived reality going on about us.

Just curious, but could you explain how the information [addresses] of the unsecured, clearly marked letters would get into the hands of some no name scumbag, enabling him to locate and invade the residence? Would he have to break into their mailboxes first or pay off all of the contracted mail delivery people or postal mail carriers for the information? How would that work?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

My mail would be sticking out of my mailbox, I still get home delivery.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Treblehook wrote:Just curious, but could you explain how the information [addresses] of the unsecured, clearly marked letters would get into the hands of some no name scumbag, enabling him to locate and invade the residence? Would he have to break into their mailboxes first or pay off all of the contracted mail delivery people or postal mail carriers for the information? How would that work?

I'm glad you asked, and I'd be more than happy to explain it to you. First off, since Canada post has yet to discontinue home mail delivery , MANY people still have regular old unsecured mail boxes at their homes. You know those same mailboxes that "no name scumbags " have been looking in since the invention of mailboxes to steal mail ( ie credit cards, ID, Christmas cards with cash in them , cheques etc etc etc). Then there's all the people who handle/deliver the mail. I'm not quite sure why you would feel it would have to be ALL of them when it would only take one ( 2 or more to make it a conspiracy even haha). This would not be new . Criminals grow rippers have been using meter readers etc for a long time now to help them identify grow houses.

Rather than be angry at a peaceful adult growing his own natural medicine at home, One should save their indignation and direct it at the ones committing violent crimes ( and perhaps at the judges who keep handing out too lenient a sentence for violent criminals)? At this very moment there are other lawsuits being filed besides challenging the proposed new changes. It is for Breach of Privacy. This has the possibility of costing us the taxpayers up to $20,000 per licensed individual. That could come in anywhere from 100 million -a Billion depending on the outcome/award. Lets just add that to the Billions wasted annually causing the very problems they pretend to try and protect us from.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Not being indignant or mad at the peaceful people growing the pot. My point was that the threat of rip offs and violence is there, so get it out of residential neighborhoods!! What is so objectionable about that notion? I don't want to smell the exhaust from it, which is evidently a problem with at least some of the grows, and I don't want the criminal element pulling off armed raids near my residence. To me that seems pretty normal.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Treblehook wrote:Not being indignant or mad at the peaceful people growing the pot. My point was that the threat of rip offs and violence is there, so get it out of residential neighborhoods!! What is so objectionable about that notion? I don't want to smell the exhaust from it, which is evidently a problem with at least some of the grows, and I don't want the criminal element pulling off armed raids near my residence. To me that seems pretty normal.

Well that would be awesome. So who will pay the added expense if having to set up shop somewhere else besides where you already live? You? Me? Perhaps you could volunteer some time at a fund raising car wash or brownie sale to help raise funds?

Again, whether it be by misconception or purposeful , too many are tying unrelated issues together. If smell is the problem ( at apparently only some) then we could deal with those places ( just like we would if an individual had a whole pile of smelly garbage lying about their yard). Is it your assertion that the only armed home invasions are for small personal medicinal grow shows? Do you realize that the value of many of these small shows pales in comparison to the value of other goods almost everyone else has in their home ( electronics, jewelry, cash etc)? Yes I'm sure some grows are actually more criminaly commercial in nature, but then I would once again merely point out that we should then target those places, and those violent activities just like we should be doing rather than wasting time and ressources regulating/policing. Peaceful individuals. There is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water .
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

When did it become legal to grow outside of licensed medical growing.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
sanfish
Lord of the Board

Post by sanfish »

Smurf wrote:When did it become legal to grow outside of licensed medical growing.

I'm glad you asked "legal" rather than Lawful because it has never been unlawful to grow. No concerning your question.....since time began ( and actually mostly encouraged/even forced) except for the last 80-90 years.

Return to “B.C.”