BC Hydro rate increase

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

BC Hydro rate increase

Post by oneh2obabe »

As announced in November, a rate increase of 9%, in accordance with the 10-year plan, will take effect on April 1, 2014. For the average residential customer, this will be an increase of about $8 per month. An increase of 6% will take effect on April 1, 2015, representing an increase of $5.82 per month.

Current rate: 6.90 cents per kWh for the first 1,350 kWh
Effective April 1st: 7.92 cents per kWh

Current rate: 10.34 cents per kWh over 1350 kWh
Effective April 1st: 11.27 cents per kWh
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Persian Apple Country

Re: BC Hydro rate increase

Post by Persian Apple Country »

WOW: The increase for frugal households = 14.78 %
We try to stay out of Tier II as much as possible; the 14.78% is for the first tier.
“Two there are who are never satisfied - the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.” Rumi
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

What happened to the implementation of TOD billing? Wasn't that the main reason they spent all that money on smart meters?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

NAB wrote:What happened to the implementation of TOD billing? Wasn't that the main reason they spent all that money on smart meters?

Nab

I certainly don't recall even one Hydro spokesperson or Gov't official ever saying that time of day billing would be implemented after the installation of smart meters. But you are correct, it was the main reason why they spent all that money on smart meters and zip to do with grow ops.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Persian Apple Country wrote:WOW: The increase for frugal households = 14.78 %
We try to stay out of Tier II as much as possible; the 14.78% is for the first tier.

Sucks to be you. We stay in tier 2 as much as possible so that our increase is only 9%.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

In other words you deliberately pay as much as you can at the high rate to get to pay less.

We just try to be reasonable in our use and save as much as possible.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

We're living on a power grid built mostly in the 1950s and 1960s. We still enjoy some of the cheapest power in North America even after these increases. We have to upgrade our infrastructure.

Y'all have been spoiled with dirt cheap power for far too long.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Persian Apple Country

Post by Persian Apple Country »

@Glacier
Thanks for the tip, That makes sense. Think I am going to save myself some nice % by aiming to go far into tier II.
Easily fixed, Got rid of the hot tub lid today, will start the pool heating today as well.

Everybody is welcome from tomorrow: April 2nd !
“Two there are who are never satisfied - the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.” Rumi

Return to “B.C.”