Legal Marijuana Sales in Future?

twobits
Guru

Re: Legal Marijuana Sales in Future?

Post by twobits »

Donald G wrote:
1. No such figure is available since no records are kept. Some people guess at it. I don't. Suffice it to say that the amount of BC Bud traded or sold out of the country is adequate to help criminal drug gangs afford to purchase harder or more popular drugs from other countries.

Please do tell, what other drugs are more popular, widely used, and greater in dollar value in BC than MJ? Another stat pulled from the poop chute?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To twobits ...

You forgot "habituating" which is the primary reason that heroin, cocaine and oxy are the primary ones wanted by criminal drug gangs. Marijuana grows and export to the highest bidder is just a means to an end. Your complete lack of CDGs is again showing.

Interesting that you would try to contradict something you evidently do not have a clue about.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Donald, do you always have to insult people to try and make yourself feel important?

Maybe you should get an app for that, eh?
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Thanks (I think, Jo) but I am just as 'qualified' to express my common sense OPINION as Donald is to his 'criminal gangs' OPINION.
Chill
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Donald G wrote:To twobits ...

You forgot "habituating" which is the primary reason that heroin, cocaine and oxy are the primary ones wanted by criminal drug gangs. Marijuana grows and export to the highest bidder is just a means to an end. Your complete lack of CDGs is again showing.

Interesting that you would try to contradict something you evidently do not have a clue about.

Oh I have a clue unlike myopic dinosaurs. You are losing the battle and it really pizzes you off doesn't it. Burn your vhs copy of reefer madness and get on with more important things to worry about than MJ. You are so indoctrinated in your law enforcement past that your mind is shut to any objective and rational thinking. I dont even use MJ, medically or rec, and can see the futility of the argument. Back in the day you would have been one of the last stalwarts of prohibition too. Look what that accomplished? And if you deny the analogy, you are beyond hope.

Edit to add- And if there is one thing that pizzes me off about Harper it is........? I am not for drug use and see the damage it can cause but I see as many responsible 6 figure MJ users as I do 6 figure alcohol users and frankly, see more violent fights, vehicle accidents, missed days of work, divorce, and abused children from alcohol use than MJ use.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:To Gixxer ...

Addressing your questions in numerical order;

1. No such figure is available since no records are kept. Some people guess at it. I don't. Suffice it to say that the amount of BC Bud traded or sold out of the country is adequate to help criminal drug gangs afford to purchase harder or more popular drugs from other countries.

Again you have no proof to support your claim, it's "YOUR THEORY" at this point

Donald G wrote: 2. The top five countries that criminal drug gangs export BC Bud to are the countries where they can make the most money selling to at that point in time. Contacts and opportunity are a large part of the choices available. Some people profess to be able to identify such countries as if it was a constant situation. I don't.

Besides the USA, what other countries is BC Bud being exported too?

Donald G wrote: 3. That would depend ENTIRELY on what you mean by the vague and all inclusive word "decriminalize". What quantities and qualities? What rules or guidelines? The question, as framed, is too inexact to answer in a string like this. As I have said numerous times legalizing small one ounce quantities of marijuana and keeping large quantities as criminal offences would actually create civilian jobs rather than cost anyone their job. Legalizing ALL quantities of marijuana would create the need for more POLICE jobs. Please reword your question.

Decriminalized as in anyone can grow their own "quantities and qualities"
No rules, no guidelines
How would keeping large quantities criminal create civilian jobs?
Why would there be more Police jobs if decriminalized ?

Seems like a lot of false information supported by "Donald Theories"

Donald G wrote: 4. The answer to question 4 is, because you have again used the word "decriminalize", much the same as my answer to question 3.

What part dont you understand?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Gixxer ...

All I ever hear from you is that I am wrong. Never a word about what YOU think the truth to be. Best you go and get some knowledge before asking more silly questions.

Since you already obviously know it all (and have no interest in talking specifics) I will no longer be responding to your questions or comments.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:To Gixxer ...

All I ever hear from you is that I am wrong. Never a word about what YOU think the truth to be. Best you go and get some knowledge before asking more silly questions.

Since you already obviously know it all (and have no interest in talking specifics) I will no longer be responding to your questions or comments.

As usual there you go with the personal attacks. I've offered what I've thought to be the truth in other threads on the topic, and you've rudely disregarded them as "theories, third party information, and pro marijuana propaganda.

I ask you questions because you are the self appointed expert in the subject matter deemed by a judge in a court of law.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

twobits wrote:

Edit to add- And if there is one thing that pizzes me off about Harper it is........? I am not for drug use and see the damage it can cause but I see as many responsible 6 figure MJ users as I do 6 figure alcohol users and frankly, see more violent fights, vehicle accidents, missed days of work, divorce, and abused children from alcohol use than MJ use.

And your point is?????????????????

Do you think that because it is possibly not as bad as alcohol it should be immediately legalized. Have you ever heard the statement "two wrongs don't make a right". The "it's not as bad as excuse" has to be one of the worst I have ever heard and is used away too often in this instance. If that is one of the best reasons to legalize it, it should never be legalized.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Can Health Canada be more of a pathetic joke than it already is? Probably..

Canada’s medical marijuana rules are made to be broken
April 7, 2014. 5:26 pm • Section: COMMUNITY
3145 43

Posted by:
Dana Larsen

You won’t believe where Canada’s legal marijuana supply is really coming from!

WHO GREW YOUR MEDICINE?
Last week, both Tweed and Mettrum had loads of marijuana seized from the same Kelowna airport. Media reports described Tweed’s shipment as 55 varieties of “plants, seeds and in-production plant materials” from multiple growers across BC.
Licensed Producers are desperate for product, since Health Canada has been so slow in processing their applications that most of them haven’t had time to grow any of their own cannabis.

So instead of buying seeds and cuttings as a genetic base, as the rules intended, they’ve been buying mature plants, ready to harvest. This way they can clip the buds, dry them and then flip them to patients. Some have been going further, buying freshly cut buds for resale. This is the so-called “in production plant materials” they’re referring to.

What this means is that companies who have been advertising their high-quality production and inspection methods, are apparently now reselling pot grown in basements.

The seized marijuana all came from Designated Growers who were licensed to grow for up to two patients each under the old system. These are the same home gardens which Health Canada ordered to be shut down, claiming that they are all mold-ridden, unsafe and unhealthy. Yet at the same time, it’s allowed for these growers to sell their product to the newly Licensed Producers, who can then flip it to patients at a profit? How does any of this make sense?

For Tweed and Mettrum, this police action almost certainly means their shipments are lost forever. Even if they get it back from the cops at some point, any plants and undried buds will be ruined after a week in police custody. Not even the recommended gamma irradiation will fix that!

BREAKING THE RULES
Aside from questions about the propriety of reselling home grown bud as if they grew it themselves, there are other issues.

Health Canada never bothered to inspect any of the patients growing their own marijuana, or their designated growers.

(They also do a piss-poor job overseeing pharmaceuticals, and those things can actually be dangerous!) So why would anyone presume that Health Canada will be on the ball when it comes to overseeing and inspecting what will soon be hundreds of these licensed producers?

So far there’s only a dozen of these companies with licenses, but already they’re bending the rules. For instance, these companies are not supposed to advertise, yet I see ads for Mettrum and Zenabis on Facebook and other websites every day.

What’s up with that? If they can so easily get around Health Canada on something so obvious as public advertising, then clearly the regulations are a joke.

Health Canada is the wrong agency to be creating and overseeing the medical marijuana program. In Canada, health care is provincial jurisdiction. It’s time for the provinces to step up and assert their proper role in meeting the needs of patients in getting access to this healing herb.

Better yet, let’s legalize marijuana for all adults, plus let everyone grow a few plants of their own, and we won’t need this complex system for medical access. That is the real solution.

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/04/0 ... -broken-2/
Chill
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Smurf wrote:
And your point is?????????????????

Do you think that because it is possibly not as bad as alcohol it should be immediately legalized. Have you ever heard the statement "two wrongs don't make a right". The "it's not as bad as excuse" has to be one of the worst I have ever heard and is used away too often in this instance. If that is one of the best reasons to legalize it, it should never be legalized.

So what your suggesting is alcohol should be illegal as well?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To flamingfingers ...

Is there any government agency or group of people in society today who in your opinion are not "a pathetic joke"? Other than the three people on this string who constantly agree with you? And you with them?

Have you ever taken the time to actually read the "Advice to Professionals" that has been posted on Castanet a number of times before making your regular finding?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

It wouldn't bother me. But no I'm just saying that to suggest to do it or to do it because alcohol is legal is one of if not the poorest reasons/excuses I have ever heard. There is so much more work, research and preparation that needs to be done before legalization is considered that it is unbelievable. The problems we have with alcohol should be a warning as to the number of things that have to be looked after before it can be legalized.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:To flamingfingers ...

Is there any government agency or group of people in society today who in your opinion are not "a pathetic joke"? Other than the three people on this string who constantly agree with you? And you with them?

Have you ever taken the time to actually read the "Advice to Professionals" that has been posted on Castanet a number of times before making your regular finding?

Donald you started this new thread, why not post some links to "advice to professionals" for others to read and educate themselves like you have?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Smurf wrote:It wouldn't bother me. But no I'm just saying that to suggest to do it or to do it because alcohol is legal is one of if not the poorest reasons/excuses I have ever heard. There is so much more work, research and preparation that needs to be done before legalization is considered that it is unbelievable. The problems we have with alcohol should be a warning as to the number of things that have to be looked after before it can be legalized.

Why much more work, research and preparation?
Marijuana isn't anything new, lots of people consume it regularly. You cant even compare the 2 they're that different. Of the 2 Alcohol is a far worse compared to marijuana.

Return to “B.C.”