Government Money

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Government Money

Post by Donald G »

After reading a number of these threads for the last few years I am no longer surprised when I run across comments saying that the government should pay for this or the government should initiate this or that program. There is obviously a fortunately small segment of the population who do not seem to realize that "the government" has absolutely no money of its own. EVERY TAXPAYER IS PART OF "THE GOVERNMENT" WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY. When the Canadian Government spends one million dollars, every man, woman and child in Canada has had to cough up three cents. When they spend a billion dollars every man, woman and child has to ante up about thirty dollars. For mom, dad and two kids that is $120.00.

You can multiply the ante-up figures by about ten when the BC Government spends the same amounts of money.

If the population of Kelowna was put at 100,000 it would be $1.00 each for each man, woman and child in Kelowna; $10.00 for each million; $1,000.00 for each one hundred million dollars and $10,000.00 for each billion dollars spent by our Municipal Government.

The next time any level of government (or illiterate citizen) suggests that the respective government spend one, ten or a hundred million dollars judge it in terms of what YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL HAVE TO PERSONALLY PAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S WISH LIST and let them know what you think of their idea.

The same goes for those driving around with top of the line cars and no reported income. They are not only not paying their share but grabbing all of the benefit Canada has to offer as well ... that YOU are paying for.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Government Money

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Donald G wrote:The same goes for those driving around with top of the line cars and no reported income. They are not only not paying their share but grabbing all of the benefit Canada has to offer as well ... that YOU are paying for.

Yeah .. yeah .. Criminal Drug Gangs are bad .. we get it
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

One has to wonder why you are so sensitive to people identifying criminal drug gangs for what they are? Also why you would take offence to anyone pointing out that they are taking advantage of everything that the taxpayers of Canada have to offer without contributing anything in the form of taxes. I take it that you agree with that?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

How about we sic Rev Can on them like they go after waitress's undeclared tips? They could make a judgement call on gang members' income and ding them for the taxes owing.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

To Donald G

Lots of people work hard and pay their taxes. That dollar you speak of goes a long way in Canada to give you what you need. I'll take it you do not have family in the U.S. that could enlighten you on some of the personal benefits on how far that dollar goes here. Or that you don't sponsor a child overseas, where 35 cents a day gives them food, medicine and education yet they don't have paved roads, access to clean drinking water, programs, a future and still have the risk of being matchetted to death in the night for a reason that has nothing to do with drugs.

Drug gangs? Wouldn't we live in a perfect world if there wasn't any. There are others who work "under the table", don't pay taxes, yet these wads of money still circulate back in to the economy and keep the wheel turning for those who pay their taxes. They don't risk ending up in jail, losing their ill gotten gains, and while some people need to keep pointing out how terrible that world is others take pride in knowing they benefit from working hard and paying taxes. One doesn't have to "agree with that", just accept that we do not live in a perfect world.

Instead of stomping your feet because you can't get everyone to agree with you, and it wouldn't change anything if they did, it may be more productive to be grateful for what that dollar gives you and the change in the world would come by example. There are plenty of wealthy tax paying citizens who contribute to criminal drug gangs, plenty of others who need the programs initiated by your dollar for many reasons, not all about drugs.

I fail to see where you are going with this. Social programs are not all drug related, and countries with poor social programs expect more from their citizens wallets, have higher incidents of crime and violence, economies on the verge of collapse.

While every taxpayer is expected to pay for the programs they may never use, they are also paying for the things they do use. I guess being angry or content depends on which side you want to stare at most.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Zookeeper ...

You will not get any disagreement from me on the comments you have made.

Smoke on the water has twice now attempted to derailed strings that I have started. It has nothing to do with this string but has to do with several other strings that I have commented on regarding the upcoming legalization of marijuana. IMO it is hs/her attempt at ridicule.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

I don't think so Donald G, it is not about derailing. I have read your posts, they are the same over and over again and you are somehow unable to grasp that others have a valid point, this shows in your inability to come to the middle a bit. No, not about your hatred for drug gangs, many good posters on here hate them also, for what they do, what they stand for and the slime on them that causes the tax dollar to slide right off.

Let's talk about eggs. If you were going to feed your family eggs, would you prefer an all natural farm raised egg sold in a slightly used egg carton to you by a farmer with pig crap on his boots who might put that $4 in his pocket (and not pay taxes on it) or would you prefer to buy your eggs from a government regulated facility where heaven really knows what they feed the chickens, what is really in those eggs and you can only buy them in a brand spanking new carton of 6 or 12, plus tax.

Either way, people who are addicted to eggs are still going to buy eggs one way or another. Government regulation and taxes are not going to fix anything one way or another and it is certainly not going to stop people from eating eggs, whether you hate the farmer or the government.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Zookeeper ...

Each to their own. Some are parasites when it comes to paying their fair share. Most view their Canadian citizenship as a symbiotic relationship when it comes to paying our fair share.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Donald G wrote:To Zookeeper ...

Each to their own. Some are parasites when it comes to paying their fair share. Most view their Canadian citizenship as a symbiotic relationship when it comes to paying our fair share.

until we quit giving tax dollars to the Indians,wasting it on Haiti,afgahnastan and the like , failed immigration policys/ welfare assisted immigrants etc etc etc ,I will beg borrow and steal every tax dollar that I CAN get away with
and as long as the senate and the house speakers etc etc steal tax money I too will
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Agreed, What a huge waste of tax payer money, and police resources goes into keeping marijuana illegal.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

wanderingman wrote:
until we quit giving tax dollars to the Indians,wasting it on Haiti,afgahnastan and the like , failed immigration policys/ welfare assisted immigrants etc etc etc ,I will beg borrow and steal every tax dollar that I CAN get away with
and as long as the senate and the house speakers etc etc steal tax money I too will

It is who we are as Canadians, where we come from. If you think Canadians are headed in to murdering and plundering and ethnic cleansing are you going to follow there too? It is exactly attitudes like this that prevents progress, like children fighting over candy when there is lots in the bag. Gorging yourself because you think someone has too much still makes you hungry the next day.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Gixxer ...

You seem fixated on the amount the government (aka taxpayers) spend in attacking the financial income of criminal drug gangs by hitting CDG grows and stashes of money and marijuana destined to be used to purchase heavier drugs.

It is actually a fraction of a fraction of one percent of the money spent by federal, provincial and municipal taxpayers on enforcing anything to do with marijuana. Your comments suggest that you and flamingfingers see it as something much larger than that and for a purpose other than hitting the pocket books of criminal drug gangs.

As far as your reasons NOT to pay income tax keep in mind that EVERYONE can find a reason to justify doing something illegal and reprehensible. IMO Wanderingman has provided an excellent example. You and flaming fingers are doing the same thing. Just not to the same degree.

The human defence or self justification system in action. With a whole lot of exaggeration thrown in to make it sound better.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I'm completely at a loss on this thread. Are you trying to "educate" us on how taxation works? Or your objection to those not reporting income? Or objection to criminal drug gangs?

No thesis, no supporting arguments and a conclusion that has nothing to do with the original opening statement.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To WhatThe ...

My original comment was an effort to force (help?) those people who kept referring to "the government this" or "the government that" regarding financial matters to see that they were actually talking about the money that was coming out of the pockets of themselves and their neighbours and every person that they saw on the street. That the government had no money of its own.

Others, for their own reasons, brought drugs into it because of my comment about people who do not declare income or pay taxes as parasites on society. When such comments were not deemed "OFF TOPIC" by the monitors I responded to them. The thread sort of "wandered into the wilderness" from that point onward until it ended up "on the corner of WALK and DON'T WALK".
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The money is there, It's just wasted.
It's way too top heavy with endless scandals, nepotism and full of redundancies. In fact more time is spent on the scandals than anything else.
Nothing will change until we hit the wall because the winners make the rules, and when it's their turn at bat they're not going to cut themselves short of their entitlements.
Vote,pay your share,demand more.

Return to “B.C.”