Government Money

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Government Money

Post by Gixxer »

I know of a few legitimate businesses that HAVE to do under the table/cash jobs to be able to stay in business.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:You seem fixated on the amount the government (aka taxpayers) spend in attacking the financial income of criminal drug gangs by hitting CDG grows and stashes of money and marijuana destined to be used to purchase heavier drugs.

I have a problem with government money and police resources being wasted on keeping a plant illegal. Your the one thats fixated on criminal gangs.

Donald G wrote: It is actually a fraction of a fraction of one percent of the money spent by federal, provincial and municipal taxpayers on enforcing anything to do with marijuana. Your comments suggest that you and flamingfingers see it as something much larger than that and for a purpose other than hitting the pocket books of criminal drug gangs.

Really? Any proof to support these claims, or is this more "Donald Theories"?

Donald G wrote: As far as your reasons NOT to pay income tax keep in mind that EVERYONE can find a reason to justify doing something illegal and reprehensible. IMO Wanderingman has provided an excellent example. You and flaming fingers are doing the same thing. Just not to the same degree.

I actually pay a lot in taxes, I dont mind paying taxes. What I do mind is the government wasting tax money and police resources on a plant, and turning normally law abiding citizens into criminals that choose to use or grow it.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Donald G wrote:If the population of Kelowna was put at 100,000 it would be $1.00 each for each man, woman and child in Kelowna; $10.00 for each million; $1,000.00 for each one hundred million dollars and $10,000.00 for each billion dollars spent by our Municipal Government.

And since only a handful of us are taxpayers, multiply the individual amount by 3.

Ah well, we have the collective credit card available, let's use it and let our kids pay for it in 50 years from now.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Gixxer wrote:I know of a few legitimate businesses that HAVE to do under the table/cash jobs to be able to stay in business.

They are not legitimate, or sustainable.

Let me guess. The owner drives a nice truck.

So all our our taxes go up and service levels go down while Mr. Businessman enjoys profits without taxes while using our roads, schools, airports, medical system, high-school educated population for employees, court system and infrastructure.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Atomoa wrote:
They are not legitimate, or sustainable.

Let me guess. The owner drives a nice truck.

So all our our taxes go up and service levels go down while Mr. Businessman enjoys profits without taxes while using our roads, schools, airports, medical system, high-school educated population for employees, court system and infrastructure.

Nope no new truck. If it wasnt for the occasional under the table cash job, they wouldnt be able to remain in business. They would have to close up shop and lay off employees.

What's worse the small family business doing a few cash jobs a year, or huge corporations moving/outsourcing to other countries to avoid taxes?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If a few cash jobs a year is the fine line for a business to exist , then it's time to move on.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

jimmy4321 wrote:If a few cash jobs a year is the fine line for a business to exist , then it's time to move on.

O.k. I guess they should close the doors.

Do you live in a delusional world?

What about the classified section here on castanet, should it be shut down because of all the goods being sold on here that don't collect taxes?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think you may be the delusional one, where did i mention classifieds
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Gixxer wrote: If it wasnt for the occasional under the table cash job, they wouldnt be able to remain in business. They would have to close up shop and lay off employees.

Yeah tell me about it. I sell ice to the Inuit and I wouldn't be able to make rent unless I robbed a few 7-11's every few months. Sometimes I just mug people. Either/or.

Either I do that or I have to lay off my employees. Are YOU going to tell those employees they are jobless?

Justify my robberies, it's for the sake of the employment numbers!
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

jimmy4321 wrote:I think you may be the delusional one, where did i mention classifieds

You didnt. I was asking what your thoughts are on the classified section on this website, and the amount of goods being sold without any taxes being collected or capital gains declared at tax time.
Last edited by Gixxer on Apr 8th, 2014, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Atomoa wrote:
Yeah tell me about it. I sell ice to the Inuit and I wouldn't be able to make rent unless I robbed a few 7-11's every few months. Sometimes I just mug people. Either/or.

Either I do that or I have to lay off my employees. Are YOU going to tell those employees they are jobless?

Justify my robberies, it's for the sake of the employment numbers!

What are talking about?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Gixxer ...

EVERYONE who escapes paying taxes (or avoids contributing to society like most other people) can ALWAYS manufacture a reason to justify their actions. So far you have given three such similarly groundless justifications.

Those who lead a criminal lifestyle do the same thing on a regular basis. Including rapists, child molesters, drunk drivers and wife beaters. Even criminal drug gang members and drug gang "enforcers".
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Donald G wrote:
EVERYONE who escapes paying taxes (or avoids contributing to society like most other people) can ALWAYS manufacture a reason to justify their actions. So far you have given three such similarly groundless justifications.

Those who lead a criminal lifestyle do the same thing on a regular basis. Including rapists, child molesters, drunk drivers and wife beaters. Even criminal drug gang members and drug gang "enforcers".

So in your opinion, what's worse ,,,, finding a way to avoid paying a few dollars in taxes or the government of the day and those within the government mismanaging, abusing, and lying with our tax dollars ?

I remember a story that was in the news in Penticton where a guy got more time in jail for failing to pay $400 in taxes than the guy who was molesting two young girls.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Donald G wrote:To Gixxer ...

What 3 justifications would that be?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Go on Kijiji , I noticed a lot of the same people sell used appliances or stuff out of their home. They collect what is dead to you appliances for free,refurbish/repair it (many times this is dirt cheap,by the time it dies your itching to replace it anyway) and sell it for mostly profit. Should they pay taxes ? I say YES.
You see the same people selling their trinkets, seedlings etc. week after week at these organized yard sales like the Elks parking lot used to have. You think they pay taxes ? I'm not talking about some mother getting rid of outgrown toys in the classifieds. What's the threshold ?

Return to “B.C.”