Unverifiable Foreign DL's an Issue in BC

goatboy
Guru

Re: Unverifiable Foreign DL's an Issue in BC

Post by goatboy »

Here's a Korean one. Any idea when its valid to, the persons birthday and what class of vehicle he can drive?

Or how about this Taiwan license. Any idea's? Is it even a drivers license?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: RCMP once again making up laws

Post by Ken7 »

goatboy wrote:When looking at the first frame of the video in your link, it shows a Chinese Drivers Licence. The first thing I thought is that I could make one of those in 5 minutes with a laminate machine and an ink jet printer. That license is in no way anyway close to the sophistication of one of our licenses. I can see the issue being, how do you actually confirm that this licence is valid? If there is no way of verifying that it is in fact real, do you allow or disallow it?

Edited: Sorry Smurf, just saw you said exactly the same thing. Didn't mean to duplicate your post.

I recovered drivers licences made by 16 yrs olds to use as bar ID which appeared very real. They could make BC licences also using their proven technic to look original.

Quebec licences are no better. If you have a male who's sir name and first name both could be a males first given, and they wish to speak only French you are also in a position when writing a ticket out.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Is there a chance that some of these people they are charging and convicting can't even speak English to aid in the confirmation of the licence? There are sooo many things that we know nothing about that could be involved here.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Smurf wrote:Is there a chance that some of these people they are charging and convicting can't even speak English to aid in the confirmation of the licence? There are sooo many things that we know nothing about that could be involved here.

You are 100% correct.

As far as the WHY, no-one on this post no-one knows the reason these people are charged. Reality is that is like many of the posts on castanet, speak and judge without knowing the complete story or really anything on a given topic!

I said it before, would you argue about your heart operation with the head surgeon if you know nothing about the heart?

Return to “B.C.”