Dogs die from heat exposure

sassybee
Board Meister

Re: Dogs die from heat exposure

Post by sassybee »

6 dogs? I'd be moving to another city if I was her.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Captain Awesome wrote:This might affect her dog-walking career.

Haha! She will probably just re name the business and get back to it, people are stupid!
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

What a scumbag. Did she lie about where she was parked too? I wonder if she just picks up these dogs then goes about her normal day, shopping etc... and hoses out the truck later. Or was she actually at the dog park but disctracted by some urgent texting...
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Hassel99 wrote:I would imagine there would be a charge for filing a false police report at the very least.

Public mischief

140. (1) Every one commits public mischief who, with intent to mislead, causes a peace officer to enter on or continue an investigation by
    (c) reporting that an offence has been committed when it has not been committed; or
    Punishment

(2) Every one who commits public mischief
    (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
    (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

So very likely if charges are laid the crown will proceed by Summary Conviction, the very maximum would be $5000 fine and/or 6 months, so $1000 fine ? It would depend on what investigating the police actually did.

Then she'll have to answer for the killing of the dogs.

Just when you think you've seen and heard of the stupidest thing, someone comes up with something dumber.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

"Animal cruelty charges MAY be laid against the dog walker"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... 34?cmp=rss
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

A good sentence would be 2 yrs pressure washing the inside of cattle and pig hauling trailers, in a bathing suit.
The dogs were worth far more than her.
Black Dogs Matter
redwine

Post by redwine »

Scadam wrote:What a scumbag. Did she lie about where she was parked too? I wonder if she just picks up these dogs then goes about her normal day, shopping etc... and hoses out the truck later. Or was she actually at the dog park but disctracted by some urgent texting...

She did lie, she said she put them back in the truck and went to the washroom - gone for "ten minutes" (she hadn't even been at that park) Right away this story sounded fishy. Saying she was at a park and someone was able to corral six large dogs from one truck to another and no one saw anything, no dog tried to get away?! I was hoping they had been kidnapped but this was all I could think of for the outcome:( so sad.
perhaps the straight and narrow would be wider if more people used it
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

I suspect that when one delves into this most bizzare situation one will find that this person is as we say in the real world is "not playing with a full deck" and that in fact this is not the first time she has displayed irresponsible actions resulting in a disaster .I mean really how *removed* stupid does one have to be to leave 6 dogs in a pickup truck long enough to kill all six????????????????????????????????????????????
Last edited by Merry on May 21st, 2014, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Censorship workaround
sassybee
Board Meister

Post by sassybee »

100% right "wanderingman". You said it all!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

our animal cruelty laws are way to lax, this should be mandatory jail time, but no growing 7 pot plants is mandatory jail , harper gotta go
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

lakevixen wrote:our animal cruelty laws are way to lax, this should be mandatory jail time, but no growing 7 pot plants is mandatory jail , harper gotta go

Wow, you managed to weave both pot and politics into this one! Both unrelated but good try.

I'm not sure the animal cruelty laws are too lax. Many laws are fine, whereas the administration of justice of these laws is on the lenient side. Only time will tell as this one progresses. I would be willing to bet that more interesting stories come up regarding this dog walker and other errors she has made. I would also suspect that she is being untruthful about what happened here. One dog can die quickly but all six would have different timing so she left them there for more than 10 minutes probably.
It will be interesting to hear her excuses *removed*
Last edited by Merry on May 21st, 2014, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
You and 71 others Like this post
chmc

Post by chmc »

lakevixen wrote:our animal cruelty laws are way to lax, this should be mandatory jail time, but no growing 7 pot plants is mandatory jail , harper gotta go

So very true. Shows how screwed up society and government both are.
preciosa

Post by preciosa »

My heart goes out to all the owners of these precious dogs, I honestly couldn't imagine this happening to my precious dog, she is our world...This sick woman needs to pay! The fact that these poor dogs suffered a horrific death in her care and then she actually got into that truck and drove to another location and climbed into the back of her truck and pulled out there lifeless bodies one by one and "dumped" them into a ditch...OMG who does this????.....I hope she gets jail time for this!
This just makes me so sad... RIP precious puppies...:(
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

the truth wrote:SHE was gone just for 10 min , really she was thats what they all say

She "meant" to be gone 10 minutes, but it turned out to be 45 minutes.

Captain Awesome wrote:This might affect her dog-walking career.

Yup, ‘In 45 minutes she lost her best friends, lost her livelihood, and her good reputation’
http://globalnews.ca/news/1340902/six-m ... ers-truck/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

She is too brainless to have or even handle pets. I pray she doesn't have or ever will have children. She probably should never have a job with any responsibility.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “B.C.”