Ditch Dairy

dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Ditch Dairy

Post by dogspoiler »

daria wrote:
You should switch to almond milk anyway. Just saying! :D

What sort of genle and respectful procedure is used to milk an almond ?

Seriously, those employees should be seeing some jail time. I don't believe for a second that the managers do not know some of whats going on, they are lying, incompetent or both.
Black Dogs Matter
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

dogspoiler wrote:What sort of genle and respectful procedure is used to milk an almond ?

Seriously, those employees should be seeing some jail time. I don't believe for a second that the managers do not know some of whats going on, they are lying, incompetent or both.

Well, occasionally I throw some raw almond and water in my vitamix. I then strain the mixture through a "milk bag" (LOL). Mostly I buy it at the grocery store, though. I recommend almond milk to avoid all the extra phytoestrogens in soy milk/products.

It's the industrialized abuse of factory farms (whether for dairy or meat) that led me to becoming a vegan eons ago. I won't even watch the video (I've seen a whole host of other animal cruelty videos before), as it will only make me sick to my stomach. I hope these people are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Good idea. And you can directly pay the millions of dollars for the equipment and staff to run it. {triple face palm}

whats your solution? abuse the animals when no ones looking?
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

I can see how this will play out, the ex employees get probation, the company will get a fine ( maybe $5000 ) and 6 months later the company gets $500,000 in gov. grant money to upgrade it's equipment.
dakoda62
Fledgling

Post by dakoda62 »

Suspend the Quota for 3 months. Cows dry up, no milk. They will think twice about who they hire.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dakoda62 wrote:Suspend the Quota for 3 months. Cows dry up, no milk. They will think twice about who they hire.

That would only work if they did not continue to milk out the cows & dump it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

oneh2obabe wrote:“As a company we were not given a chance to view the footage until it aired on television tonight,” said Jeff Kooyman, who co-owns the farm with his siblings, in a statement.

“Now that it has aired we are taking immediate action to terminate all employees involved as well as take several steps to ensure that this type of abuse never happens again.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2670098

What about the pus that oozed out of that one cow's leg...can we blame that on the idiot-punks? It suggests neglect at another level. I would think with the amount of abuse inflicted on those poor animals there would be a lot of visual evidence of physical injuries. Call me suspicious, but I don't think those owners are innocent as they sound.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

One would think that the owners would clue in by having to pay vet bills for things like that....oh wait - did they not get a vet in at all? A conscientious owner(s) inspects their herds DAILY to make sure the animals are thriving and HEALTHY! The 'owners' should get their quota suspended. No quota = no $$$! Plus be fined up the ying-yang.
Chill
dakoda62
Fledgling

Post by dakoda62 »

That would only work if they did not continue to milk out the cows & dump it.[/quote]

True they would dump it, but they don't get paid for it.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Three months of no quota = no $elling + vet bills and having to hire and train new hands + severance (if any) + fines and stigma SHOULD indicate to these 'owners' that they should be paying better attention to their husbandy.
Chill
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

On the CTV noon news today there were some statements from the accused employees. They didn't deny what they'd done, but at least one said they had been trained to lift the cows by heavy equipment as seen in the video. I think the owners know more than they are willing to admit, they have to or it would destroy their business. Thank goodness the SPCA is looking further into the management of the Cattle Company. They have been cited before, in 2008, and I think 2010 , in those cases the management was found not responsible, but why are things still happening there that are so horrible, was the judge mistaken?

I agree if you are going to buy farm produce buy local, or from smaller farming operation. D'Dutchmen has quality milk products from Salmon Arm (or is it Sicamous?). Personally I'd love if all farming factories were banned and we went back to smaller and humane operations where husbandry is actually practiced.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

gordonh wrote:That would only work if they did not continue to milk out the cows & dump it.

dakoda62 wrote:True they would dump it, but they don't get paid for it.

That's true, it's only way to maintain production levels once so when suspension is over as mentioned
in your post here ⬇️, they could just carry on as usual. I agree with major fines double whammy on the pocket book, nothing coming in and even more going out.

dakoda62 wrote:Suspend the Quota for 3 months. Cows dry up, no milk. They will think twice about who they hire.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

This isn’t the first time Chilliwack Cattle Sales has come under fire for allegations of animal mistreatment. In 2008, federal inspectors found that six cows were being transported from B.C. to Alberta despite a variety of injuries, including large wounds, weeping joints, necrotic tissues and acute mastitis.

B.C. Supreme Court documents reveal that the animals were emaciated and dehydrated.

Prosecutors charged the company and its president with violations of the health of animals act. A BC Supreme Court judge agreed the animals injured but found the company and its president not guilty.

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-farm-fires-wor ... z34HpjHUWt
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote:This isn’t the first time Chilliwack Cattle Sales has come under fire for allegations of animal mistreatment. In 2008, federal inspectors found that six cows were being transported from B.C. to Alberta despite a variety of injuries, including large wounds, weeping joints, necrotic tissues and acute mastitis.

B.C. Supreme Court documents reveal that the animals were emaciated and dehydrated.

Prosecutors charged the company and its president with violations of the health of animals act. A BC Supreme Court judge agreed the animals injured but found the company and its president not guilty.

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-farm-fires-wor ... z34HpjHUWt

In my opinion with this added info......... shut this place down, remove the owners from ever opening a farm with any kind animals.

As someone who was born & raised on a farm, everything I have seen about this place makes me sick to my stomach.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

flamingfingers wrote:One would think that the owners would clue in by having to pay vet bills for things like that....oh wait - did they not get a vet in at all? A conscientious owner(s) inspects their herds DAILY to make sure the animals are thriving and HEALTHY! The 'owners' should get their quota suspended. No quota = no $$$! Plus be fined up the ying-yang.
Owner said a vet came twice a week to inspect the herd. It would seem to be a cursory visit at best.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”