Ditch Dairy

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Ditch Dairy

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Ditch Dairy

Post by GordonH »

That is absolutely disgraceful, I only watched 30 seconds in and I seen more than I needed.

I grew up on dairy farm if anyone of us kids even come close to treatment in first 30 second (not that we would even think of doing something like that), one or both of our parents would have been all over us like a lightening bolt.

We were taught that livestock was the bread & butter of the dairy farm the better you treat them the more they will produce for you.
Last edited by GordonH on Jun 10th, 2014, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Too bad the subject chosen wasn't a better description of the news item. Something like "Deplorable Action at a Dairyland Dairy". I was sickened by the video. If these people don't get severely punished this these acts we should just give up on all animal cruelty charges.

I for one won't be ever buying anything from Dairyland EVER.

It was on CTV tonight - http://bc.ctvnews.ca/deplorable-treatme ... -1.1860631
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

What am I supposed to put in my cereal? Beer?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Buy local dairy!

Blackwell Farms or "D" Dutchman.

Smaller the farm - less harm.

Boycott Saputo Milk GANGSTERS
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I think the actions in this film are because the people hired are sick and twisted sickos that need a good beating themselves. The Dairy is only partly to blame, as they probably can't vet their hires to the fullest in a menial job such as this... but the problem is not because the Dairy condones it, but that they can't know what kind of sickos they hire until they are caught doing this crap
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

fvkasm2x wrote:I think the actions in this film are because the people hired are sick and twisted sickos that need a good beating themselves. The Dairy is only partly to blame, as they probably can't vet their hires to the fullest in a menial job such as this... but the problem is not because the Dairy condones it, but that they can't know what kind of sickos they hire until they are caught doing this crap

thats not true what every farm should have is a live video feed to the spca so it can be monitored
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

lakevixen wrote:thats not true what every farm should have is a live video feed to the spca so it can be monitored

Good idea. And you can directly pay the millions of dollars for the equipment and staff to run it. {triple face palm}
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

That video was very difficult to watch. While surveillance equipment in every dairy is likely not a practical solution for financial reasons, it does appear we need many more Government Inspectors to oversee what is happening in places such as this. And more severe penalties when people are caught treating animals this way.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Chilliwack Cattle Sales, Canada's largest dairy farm, will fire eight employees after disturbing undercover video surfaced showing the workers physically abusing cows, the company said late Monday night.

“As a company we were not given a chance to view the footage until it aired on television tonight,” said Jeff Kooyman, who co-owns the farm with his siblings, in a statement.

“Now that it has aired we are taking immediate action to terminate all employees involved as well as take several steps to ensure that this type of abuse never happens again.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2670098
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

oneh2obabe wrote:Chilliwack Cattle Sales, Canada's largest dairy farm, will fire eight employees after disturbing undercover video surfaced showing the workers physically abusing cows, the company said late Monday night.

“As a company we were not given a chance to view the footage until it aired on television tonight,” said Jeff Kooyman, who co-owns the farm with his siblings, in a statement.

“Now that it has aired we are taking immediate action to terminate all employees involved as well as take several steps to ensure that this type of abuse never happens again.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2670098

CTV reported that management was told and did nothing. Just saying what CTV reported.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

I doubt very much that management didn't know what was going on or the health condition of their cows, It's their job to now.

The employees, management and the ministry in charge should be lined up and beat with the very same stick that was used on the cows.
westbanker
Fledgling

Post by westbanker »

millions of dollars for the DVR equipment?? seriously, go to Costco online and order a system for under a grand that keeps several months of footage and is networked for remote viewing. Often just the presence of cameras will alter behavioural issues for the better.

I'm writing Dairyland, and actually a few other companies to warn them they better have checks in place before I run out of options and have to switch to Almond milk.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

westbanker wrote:I'm writing Dairyland, and actually a few other companies to warn them they better have checks in place before I run out of options and have to switch to Almond milk.

That's some serious threats right there.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

westbanker wrote:millions of dollars for the DVR equipment?? seriously, go to Costco online and order a system for under a grand that keeps several months of footage and is networked for remote viewing. Often just the presence of cameras will alter behavioural issues for the better.

I'm writing Dairyland, and actually a few other companies to warn them they better have checks in place before I run out of options and have to switch to Almond milk.

You should switch to almond milk anyway. Just saying! :D
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson

Return to “B.C.”