Motorcycle accident on coast

dmankemper

Motorcycle accident on coast

Post by dmankemper »

Sad to hear another life lost, a young 17 year old killed by a careless car driver, while riding his motorcycle. I too am a rider and have been lucky enough to survive an accident , although injured, after a young lady turned left in front of me. That was 3 years ago, and I am still shell shocked when riding in town. It sucks because that was my release, after working the grind, that feeling of freedom replaced by paranoia most times when riding. It really stuck with me, and I am curious is it just me or do others that have crashed, have a hard time forgetting. Again, I was quite lucky, both my bike and the car I hit were writeoffs, and had I hit a fee seconds earlier, might have been a much worse outcome. Happy riding all my fellow 2 wheel pilots!
sassybee
Board Meister

Re: MC Accident on coast

Post by sassybee »

I USED to ride. The drivers in the Okanagan are terrible with motorcycles. They don't see them for as many months of the year like they do at the coast.
My brother in law died at the coast, same thing. Some #)%)##@ turned left in front of him.
My condolences to the friends and family. I don't know if car drivers will EVER wake up, and SEE bikes on the road. So sad.
Midnite
Fledgling

Post by Midnite »

I acknowledge drivers that allow me to proceed safely through intersections because each intersection I enter could be my last : (
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Post by WhenWhatWho »

Midnite wrote:I acknowledge drivers that allow me to proceed safely through intersections because each intersection I enter could be my last : (

Me to, especially if they seem to wait that extra few seconds to let me by. I have my bike well light up on the front so that may help.
TDogg80
Fledgling

Post by TDogg80 »

Midnite wrote:I acknowledge drivers that allow me to proceed safely through intersections because each intersection I enter could be my last : (

I also do the same thing, or even if a car waits for me before they turn left. My head is on a swivel out there - and it has to be.
dmankemper

Post by dmankemper »

Essentially, you have to ride like everyone has it out for you. Don't assume people will stop at red lights , or stop signs. When I got hit the girl made the motions like she was stopping ie, her front suspension dipped download , but then she just roll- stopped and pulled left right in front of me. My skid mark was about 40 feet long, thank goodness I lost a lot of momentum before I hit her car. Super scary though,
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

dmankemper wrote:Sad to hear another life lost, a young 17 year old killed by a careless car driver, while riding his motorcycle. I too am a rider and have been lucky enough to survive an accident , although injured, after a young lady turned left in front of me. That was 3 years ago, and I am still shell shocked when riding in town. It sucks because that was my release, after working the grind, that feeling of freedom replaced by paranoia most times when riding. It really stuck with me, and I am curious is it just me or do others that have crashed, have a hard time forgetting. Again, I was quite lucky, both my bike and the car I hit were writeoffs, and had I hit a fee seconds earlier, might have been a much worse outcome. Happy riding all my fellow 2 wheel pilots!

you were there and saw the accident happen and the driver was 100% to blame? a 17 year old with one year of driving experience and he could not have contributed to his demise through not being more aware and less careless? just saying you know
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

on a side note I hear you but for example a biker pulls right in front of me the other day as I turn into the left only turn lane.The lite turns green and he screams ahead and scoots back into the through lane??
I ride a 1600 Yamaha Silverado. Iam very aware when I drive and carefull.I never have any problems with other drivers and have been riding for years.I have observed many many of the urban bicycle riders and there a real danger to others and themselves iam surprized there arn,t more injurys and deaths the way these *bleep* ride
dmankemper

Post by dmankemper »

Well in that case the rider deserves whatever the consequences of riding like a *bleep*! Regardless a 17 yr old kid died, sorry but to me that sucks. I have lost a few friends, and customers in bike accidents. Some their own fault, the majority not. Obviously you don't ride an don't appreciate the things that come with having a good riding. experience.
dmankemper

Post by dmankemper »

And you should knock on wood at this point. You have been lucky, plain and simple. Some people says that its not if uyou crash, its when..and how bad? Wouldn't wish that crashing @#it on anyone lol. Also, you are assuming this 17 yr old had one year driving experience? Strange, by that age I had about 12 years experience ridin.g/driving, having grown up on a farm....
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

dmankemper wrote:Well in that case the rider deserves whatever the consequences of riding like a *bleep*! Regardless a 17 yr old kid died, sorry but to me that sucks. I have lost a few friends, and customers in bike accidents. Some their own fault, the majority not. Obviously you don't ride an don't appreciate the things that come with having a good riding. experience.

you should read more carefully I clearly told you I ride a 1600 Silverado.I too am sorry for the 17 year old.The OP blamed the other driver.All I said was where,s the proof (eg) copy of the news article

Return to “B.C.”