New Hwy Speed Limits

nikonfan
Fledgling

Re: New Hwy Speed Limits

Post by nikonfan »

I like the fact the the speeds are getting adjusted to higher limits on the highways that call for it.( which I think is most) I don't get what the issue is for so many people thinking 120 is to fast for the Connector on good condition driving days. I drove the highway everyday from April to October for 4 years and I saw it all and was first on the scene on too many rollovers, crashes and stranded people. Having a limit of 60km on the Connector won't prevent accidents when you have people driving that have no common sense, think a 4x4 is invincible and have people who are too cheap to purchase proper tires.
I find the people like the above are usually the type of people who we all know that are the smart talkers, think they know it all and is the type of person you avoid at parties.
If you don't want to drive the posted limit due to whatever reason ( on a good condition day) , your vehicle, your trailer, your load then stay in the right lane no problem. However, if you feel you are unable to go 120km on the connector, which is 100% percent safe, based only on your driving ability I would respectfully say for your sake and the rest of us get some lessons. That is just basic driving ability that every driver should have no issues with. But, there are drivers I see that can't even go 90 down Draught hill on a bright, dry , sunny, windless, bright, day without riding the brake at 60km per hour so I can't imagine them going 120 on a highway. Just last evening a guy in a brand new $100,000.00 Benny was too scared to do the corners on Draught over 50km. After asking him in downtown Peachland if that shiny new car had a a hamster for a motor or an incompetent driver he just looked at me and had no flipping clue what he had done. I have said it many times on these forums speed is only a problem when you combine it with stupidity, inability, bad equipment, not paying attention, alcohol and drugs.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I like the new speed limits..and excuse for me to go even faster.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Symbonite ...

I do not know of any qualified driver who had an accident because they were driving at the posted speed and making allowances for road conditions when required.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

^ what he is saying is that there are many "unqualified " drivers on the road. I.e.:the Coq is totally reasonable at 120 in a modern car. If you think otherwise, you shouldn't be driving on that highway at all.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Always Sunny wrote:Undermining a police officer's authority with an article off of the internet? I bet they love it. Good luck with that.

The police gets their authority from the government. If I get a huge ticket, I will forward it onto the Ministry of Transportation for them to pay because I don't approve of government lying about boosting the speed limits just to get votes.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Why would you expect the government to pay your fine for speeding out of my tax money ??
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Donald G wrote:Why would you expect the government to pay your fine for speeding out of my tax money ??

Because I'm an NDP supporter.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”