Fledgling

New Hwy Speed Limits

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: New Hwy Speed Limits

Post by Dizzy1 »

Hallelujah! About time.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Is 10km/hr really worth celebrating over?

I can see the tolerance that police are currently giving people shrinking. So while you celebrate the new speed limit, make sure you stay a little tighter to it.

I will be interested to see what other highways are being adjusted.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

KL3-Something wrote:Is 10km/hr really worth celebrating over?

Its not so much the extra speed, its the simple fact that something that has been very long overdue is finally bringing BC just a teensy weensy closer to the 21st Century. And yes, an extra 10km/h here and there can help save time, at least for those who don't get paid by the hour to drive.

KL3-Something wrote:I can see the tolerance that police are currently giving people shrinking. So while you celebrate the new speed limit, make sure you stay a little tighter to it.

And the reason for such action would be what?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
deedub
Fledgling

Post by deedub »

the results this winter should be interesting .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

more suv's and ford pickups in the ditchs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

the truth wrote:more suv's and ford pickups in the ditchs

Doubtful. People driving at unsafe speeds for road conditions has zero to do with speed limits. Same as people driving safe speeds for road conditions has zero to do with speed limits.

There will be the same number of suv's and ford pickups in the ditch no matter the speed limit.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

tgm929 wrote:
Doubtful. People driving at unsafe speeds for road conditions has zero to do with speed limits. Same as people driving safe speeds for road conditions has zero to do with speed limits.d

There will be the same number of suv's and ford pickups in the ditch no matter the speed limit.

Exactly, people driving at unsafe speeds no matter what the conditions will do so regardless of the posted limit
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

KL3-Something wrote:Is 10km/hr really worth celebrating over?

I can see the tolerance that police are currently giving people shrinking. So while you celebrate the new speed limit, make sure you stay a little tighter to it.

I will be interested to see what other highways are being adjusted.

only thing i see happening is more deaths
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

lakevixen wrote: only thing i see happening is more deaths

By bringing up speed limits to the speed the roads were designed for?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I simply view it as long overdue particularly when road of similar design has been at that limit for eons in other areas.

I doubt it will have any impact on winter driving crashes because the ones doing that are ignoring the weather conditions and speed limit signs anyway.

I don't use the Coquihalla often anymore but whenever I do it doesn't take long to note that a significant portion of the vehicles are doing in the neighbourhood of 150kph. I just hope that those don't now feel it's license to go 160kph. LOL

For highway driving I feel that 120kph is a sweet spot that's easy to maintain and the vehicle just seems to find it, so speaking strictly for myself the change doesn't mean that I'm going to now go 10kph faster, it simply means I'm going to be more law abiding.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

lakevixen wrote: only thing i see happening is more deaths

Given how many regularly run in the 150kph vicinity I fail to see why that would be.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Makes me want to open a morgue.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I don't think it's wise.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

rookie314 wrote:Makes me want to open a morgue.

jimmy4321 wrote:I don't think it's wise.

Some of you must believe that the roads outside of BC are complete carnage

Return to “B.C.”