We are getting hosed over beers

Poindexter
Guru

Re: We are getting hosed over beers

Post by Poindexter »

Jo wrote:Vancouver Island Lager is light, and very very refreshing on a hot day.

Picked some up today and sipping one now. It does have a nice crisp finish, not heavy at all. Going to have to try some of the others that were mentioned, but think I may have found my summer beer. Thanks Jo. Cheers!
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The only way to truly get hosed over beers is to have a "sipping hose" leading to a beer or wine bladder under your hat. Or in your double DD bra.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

booze is not taxed enough, you want to enjoy a drug be prepared to pay :)
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

Why just tax a drug if you enjoy it? I think those who take a drug but do not enjoy it should pay the same.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

lakevixen wrote:booze is not taxed enough, you want to enjoy a drug be prepared to pay :)

I agree and people like you that don't drink or smoke should also then pay a extra "because iam pure" tax because the money made from booze and smokes benefits the people that don't indulge as much or more than the people whom do
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

Neither are most things that lead to obesity taxed, but obesity contributes heavily to BC Medical costs.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

lakevixen wrote:booze is not taxed enough, you want to enjoy a drug be prepared to pay :)

Says someone who might complain about the benefits of pharmacare paying for arthritis medication NOT being there ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To MAPearce ...

My wife has arthritis and pays tax on all of her over the counter anti inflammatory and anti pain medicine, which as you say is not covered under primary or extended benefits. But if she went to heavier, prescription medicine it would be covered and there would be no tax. Go figure.

Return to “B.C.”