Transgender Law

simnut
Übergod

Re: Transgender Law

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:
I think you mis-spoke when you said "the instant I decide I want", that isn't indicative of any change just a desire to change.

What I meant was, the instant a male decides to change gender....LEGALLY all female facilities are available to them.
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

simnut wrote:What I meant was, the instant a male decides to change gender....LEGALLY all female facilities are available to them.

I would suggest that when a male has ACTED on his decision to change his gender to female and it has been completed, then LEGALLY all female facilities are available.

What's the big deal ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:I would suggest that when a male has ACTED on his decision to change his gender to female and it has been completed, then LEGALLY all female facilities are available.

What's the big deal ?

No, and from personal knowledge (no, not me, but a co worker who decided to) , it's the instant a male has decided to change his gender to female. Doesn't even have to be completed, or begun to be acted on. You should have seen the uproar it caused with all the female workers, having a "male" legally use their washroom etc. This is why I question today's society and "political correctness" direction. In this case, they gave rights to one person, and stomped on the rights of many others, IMO.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

simnut wrote:No, and from personal knowledge (no, not me, but a co worker who decided to) , it's the instant a male has decided to change his gender to female. Doesn't even have to be completed, or begun to be acted on. You should have seen the uproar it caused with all the female workers, having a "male" legally use their washroom etc. This is why I question today's society and "political correctness" direction. In this case, they gave rights to one person, and stomped on the rights of many others, IMO.

OK we'll agree to disagree. At this moment in time, a person is legally the gender that is on their birth certificate. Until that is changed they are whatever sex it says.

There have been news stories of male to female transsexuals who have had everything but the final lower snip, and are therefore still legally male. They have been jailed for something and they have been put into a male facility because legally they are male. The fear of course is the risk of attack from the other male inmates.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:OK we'll agree to disagree.

I agree ( or does that mean we disagree?) hehehe

I'm only going by past experience.....
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

simnut wrote:I agree ( or does that mean we disagree?) hehehe

I'm only going by past experience.....

I'm just going by the law
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

TreeGuy wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-119755-3-.htm#119755

So these are the pressing issues our legislature is spending their time and our tax dollars on.

Should an 11 year old child be allowed to make a decision like this?

ABSOLUTELY "NO" end of story
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:I'm just going by the law

And, have you taken it a step farther, to discrimination laws? I believe that is the loophole this gentleman(woman) was using in the situation I know.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

IF we allow 11 years old children to rewrite Canadians laws then we should allow them to fornicate and vote That's how totally dumb this deal is
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

simnut wrote:And, have you taken it a step farther, to discrimination laws? I believe that is the loophole this gentleman(woman) was using in the situation I know.

So someone who is (they call it) "in transition" and is dressing and acting like the opposite sex, should have access to a washroom of that opposite sex, before they have fully and legally changed their gender because otherwise we as a society would be discriminating against that person ?

If you refused to let them use any facilities they'd have a point, but requesting that a legal male not use a female group washroom or change room, I don't think would qualify. It would be reasonable that a person in that state would be more comfortable in a private facility (most larger establishments have "men", "women", and "family") "Family" being a single private rest room facility.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

wanderingman wrote:
ABSOLUTELY "NO" end of story

Your story sucks, were talking about a real story, not self-published "B" fiction.
On a different forum
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:So someone who is (they call it) "in transition" and is dressing and acting like the opposite sex, should have access to a washroom of that opposite sex, before they have fully and legally changed their gender because otherwise we as a society would be discriminating against that person ?

That is exactly what was the case here. This gentleman was legally allowed to use the womens washroom, and not one person was to raise a "stink" (i know, bad choice of words) about it, as it would be a case of discrimination.

my5cents wrote: It would be reasonable that a person in that state would be more comfortable in a private facility (most larger establishments have "men", "women", and "family") "Family" being a single private rest room facility.

A person in that state, or the persons their state makes feel uncomfortable. In the case of a single private rest room for such, I fully agree.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

wanderingman wrote:IF we allow 11 years old children to rewrite Canadians laws then we should allow them to fornicate and vote That's how totally dumb this deal is

I hear she's also pushing for the death sentence for intolerance and bigotry, but I digress.
On a different forum
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Daspoot wrote:
I hear she's also pushing for the death sentence for intolerance and bigotry, but I digress.

That is just about as ridiculous, isn't it?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Wow. The perfect foil to enable a violent (or non violent) sex offender to gain access to the ladies restroom. Sometimes something that appears to be positive in terms of singular justice can have any number of serious negative side effects.

Return to “B.C.”