Pastafarian fights to wear colander for DL

Type_O
Board Meister

Re: 'Pastafarian' fights to wear colander in Driver's Licenc

Post by Type_O »

A BC's driver's licence is not a right, but a privilege.
Maybe he could try this federally with a passport ;).
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Type_O wrote:A BC's driver's licence is not a right, but a privilege.
Maybe he could try this federally with a passport ;).

Ahhhh.....IMHO, I think it's a privilege to apply for a license, and then....if fulfilling ALL qualifications.....you have the right to have a drivers license.
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

simnut wrote:....if fulfilling ALL qualifications....

Shouldn't stable mental health be one of those?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Bsuds wrote:
Shouldn't stable mental health be one of those?

LOL....yes!!!!
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

The guy simply put is as we say "NOT PLAYING WITH A FULL DECK" although I very very much "detest" the fact a EI can ride a MC with no helmet
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

It's surprising how many of you don't get it.

He is making a point. Certain religions can wear their headgear but not others. What gives our society the right to say wrapping cloth around ones head is OK in a DL photo, but not a strainer. That's the whole point.

Who gives ICBC the right to say one religion is OK but not another.

In my opinion one is as "valid" as the next.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:It's surprising how many of you don't get it.

He is making a point. Certain religions can wear their headgear but not others. What gives our society the right to say wrapping cloth around ones head is OK in a DL photo, but not a strainer. That's the whole point.

Who gives ICBC the right to say one religion is OK but not another.

In my opinion one is as "valid" as the next.

We do get it, he's making a joke...where as he thinks he is making a point. I've researched all night and can't find one mention of "pastafarian" as a religion. Actually, any mention of it is as "a fictitious religion" I want video of him wearing that daily, ALL day , proving his religious beliefs. ICBC also realizes this. In my opinion, this isn't a belief.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Okanagan rednecks are just bitter that people of colour like Sikhs are allowed to go around on their motor bikes with turbans. That's why you always see white rednecks donning the colander in protest.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

simnut wrote: We do get it, he's making a joke...where as he thinks he is making a point. I've researched all night and can't find one mention of "pastafarian" as a religion. Actually, any mention of it is as "a fictitious religion" I want video of him wearing that daily, ALL day , proving his religious beliefs. ICBC also realizes this. In my opinion, this isn't a belief.

His religion is as fictitious as all of the others. What gives you the right to say his is fictitious and yours is not? Do we or do we not support the religious beliefs of Canadians? You can't pick and choose your favourite religions if we do support it.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

jennylives wrote:His religion is as fictitious as all of the others. What gives you the right to say his is fictitious and yours is not? Do we or do we not support the religious beliefs of Canadians? You can't pick and choose your favourite religions if we do support it.

Perhaps some day , it will become a registered religion, the way society is going. Do yourself a favor, and research why this "religion" was started. There will be your answer....... You are really going to go to that level to discredit religion?
Last edited by simnut on Oct 7th, 2014, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Government missed a golden opportunity to deal with nutters of this sort. Because instead of taking away his license, they should have said that if he wants to wear the colander in the photo, then he must also always wear it when driving.

If the idiot went along with that, the Police would have no trouble at all recognizing him in the event of a traffic stop (and isn't that the purpose of the DL photo in the first place?).
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This story just cracks me up, its as if it was taking right out of a Seinfeld episode.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

simnut wrote:We do get it, he's making a joke...where as he thinks he is making a point. I've researched all night and can't find one mention of "pastafarian" as a religion. Actually, any mention of it is as "a fictitious religion" I want video of him wearing that daily, ALL day , proving his religious beliefs. ICBC also realizes this. In my opinion, this isn't a belief.

And which publications would validate that religion ?

"I want video of him wearing that daily, ALL day , proving his religious beliefs." - For the longest time Catholics didn't eat meat on Fridays. What would you say if I said "that's not a true belief unless Catholics don't eat meat every day" ? Or not allowing Seventh Day Adventists time off work after sunset on Fridays, because they don't observe that practice every day of the week ?

"In my opinion, this isn't a belief", and that is certainly your right. It's not my belief either.

I don't know what your beliefs are, but I certainly don't have the right to quash your right to observe the them.

Why should groups of people who believe in an invisible super power they call "God" be given tax breaks for their association, I don't believe in their invisible friend ?

Is wearing a colander on your head any crazier than carrying a knife as part of a religion ?

That's the whole point.

Blind faith in an invisible god. Congregating to sing songs and study, analyze, and interpret a book that has been translated, re-interpreted and re-written ad nauseam is sound ? The original pieces of which weren't written until hundreds of years after events allegedly occurred, some of these events "magical" in nature.

But believing you should wear a colander on your head is crazy.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Merry wrote:The Government missed a golden opportunity to deal with nutters of this sort. Because instead of taking away his license, they should have said that if he wants to wear the colander in the photo, then he must also always wear it when driving.

If the idiot went along with that, the Police would have no trouble at all recognizing him in the event of a traffic stop (and isn't that the purpose of the DL photo in the first place?).

So, the glasses you must wear while driving, that you are required to remove while your DL photo is taken is different. Since the colander is worn in the DL photo it must be worn when driving, because you have to "look the same" ?
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:And which publications would validate that religion ?

"I want video of him wearing that daily, ALL day , proving his religious beliefs." - For the longest time Catholics didn't eat meat on Fridays. What would you say if I said "that's not a true belief unless Catholics don't eat meat every day" ? Or not allowing Seventh Day Adventists time off work after sunset on Fridays, because they don't observe that practice every day of the week ?

"In my opinion, this isn't a belief", and that is certainly your right. It's not my belief either.

I don't know what your beliefs are, but I certainly don't have the right to quash your right to observe the them.

Why should groups of people who believe in an invisible super power they call "God" be given tax breaks for their association, I don't believe in their invisible friend ?

Is wearing a colander on your head any crazier than carrying a knife as part of a religion ?

That's the whole point.

Blind faith in an invisible god. Congregating to sing songs and study, analyze, and interpret a book that has been translated, re-interpreted and re-written ad nauseam is sound ? The original pieces of which weren't written until hundreds of years after events allegedly occurred, some of these events "magical" in nature.

But believing you should wear a colander on your head is crazy.

You need to realize why this "religion" was started in the first place. It was started by atheist and non believers to make fun of religion. Would you call that a religion then, when they want to call themselves something they are against? Think about that...... I think you can call pastafarians a club, probably could get registered quite easily...get their tax free status that way.

Return to “B.C.”