Post by JLives »

Why was your religion started simnut?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 'Pastafarian' fights to wear colander in Driver's Licenc

Post by GordonH »

Merry wrote:The Government missed a golden opportunity to deal with nutters of this sort. Because instead of taking away his license, they should have said that if he wants to wear the colander in the photo, then he must also always wear it when driving.

If the idiot went along with that, the Police would have no trouble at all recognizing him in the event of a traffic stop (and isn't that the purpose of the DL photo in the first place?).

my5cents wrote:So, the glasses you must wear while driving, that you are required to remove while your DL photo is taken is different. Since the colander is worn in the DL photo it must be worn when driving, because you have to "look the same" ?

They are listed as restriction #21 corrective lens which are to be worn when driving.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

my5cents wrote:So, the glasses you must wear while driving, that you are required to remove while your DL photo is taken is different. Since the colander is worn in the DL photo it must be worn when driving, because you have to "look the same" ?

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

jennylives wrote:Why was your religion started simnut?

Well, certainly not to make fun of another religion or religions. "Tough question to answer though....I'd have to think about that. Kind of like why was the wheel invented? Do you ever wonder why most religions believe in a deity, the creator, the main man etc? Religions that didn't even know the other existed? From all over the world? I know you don't or won't consider religion, but there is a reason religions of all sort started.

Personally, my religious believes , brought up as Christian...is that there is only one thing that is important. Knowing God is ....was.......and will be. In my opinion, you don't even need to belong to a "church", or go to a building to be religious. It's what is in your heart. One of my favorite churches is being out on the water fishing ;)
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

simnut wrote:Well, certainly not to make fun of another religion or religions. "Tough question to answer though....I'd have to think about that. Kind of like why was the wheel invented? Do you ever wonder why most religions believe in a deity, the creator, the main man etc? Religions that didn't even know the other existed? From all over the world? I know you don't or won't consider religion, but there is a reason religions of all sort started.

Personally, my religious believes , brought up as Christian...is that there is only one thing that is important. Knowing God is ....was.......and will be. In my opinion, you don't even need to belong to a "church", or go to a building to be religious. It's what is in your heart. One of my favorite churches is being out on the water fishing ;)

Make fun of? no. Be responsible for countless deaths in the name of religion or over religion definitely. I'd take a pastafarian over a Christian any day.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

simnut wrote:You need to realize why this "religion" was started in the first place. It was started by atheist and non believers to make fun of religion. Would you call that a religion then, when they want to call themselves something they are against? Think about that...... I think you can call pastafarians a club, probably could get registered quite easily...get their tax free status that way.

"You need to realize why this "religion" was started in the first place. It was started by atheist and non believers to make fun of religion" Yes, of course it was.

You say "atheist and non believers" as though it's a bad thing.

Is pointing out the hypocrisy of our societies unfair treatment of anything "religious" not a worth cause ? Or would it be better if a religion was created to permit a King to get a divorce.

"I think you can call pastafarians a club" I think we should call Christianity a club too. What a great idea.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:"You need to realize why this "religion" was started in the first place. It was started by atheist and non believers to make fun of religion" Yes, of course it was.

Can you not see the irony in this ? Calling themselves something that they make fun of?

You say "atheist and non believers" as though it's a bad thing.

To me it's bad, but I still respect their opinions.

Is pointing out the hypocrisy of our societies unfair treatment of anything "religious" not a worth cause ? Or would it be better if a religion was created to permit a King to get a divorce.

Pointing out "issues" people have is fine, to do it in such a manner as wearing a colander on your head is stupid . lol

"I think you can call pastafarians a club" I think we should call Christianity a club too. What a great idea.

You missed my point on that one. Religion is based on serious feelings on certain believes. Pastafarians are all about joking....
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Regarding this supposed "Pastafarian", from the official Church of the F.S.M.

I am an Ordained Minister of this Church... mind you, that means little seeing as, for $20 bucks, so can you.

http://www.venganza.org/2014/08/vancouv ... -imposter/
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

atenbacon wrote:Regarding this supposed "Pastafarian", from the official Church of the F.S.M.

I am an Ordained Minister of this Church... mind you, that means little seeing as, for $20 bucks, so can you.

http://www.venganza.org/2014/08/vancouv ... -imposter/

Sounds like money well spent.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

my5cents wrote:Sounds like money well spent.

It was when it was $5.00, not too sure if $30.00 sounds reasonable (I see now Canada costs a bit more), then again, it is a fun religion, especially on Talk like a Pirate Day!
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Glacier wrote:Okanagan rednecks are just bitter that people of colour like Sikhs are allowed to go around on their motor bikes with turbans. That's why you always see white rednecks donning the colander in protest.

I seriously disagree. when one comes to this country one agrees when they get citizenship to adhere to our laws not make a mockery of them.Iam not so mad at the EI so much as all gov officials that had a hand in allowing this most ridiculous situation
same thing with the rcmp its just not proper
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Okanagan rednecks are just bitter that people of colour like Sikhs are allowed to go around on their motor bikes with turbans. That's why you always see white rednecks donning the colander in protest.

wanderingman wrote:I seriously disagree. when one comes to this country one agrees when they get citizenship to adhere to our laws not make a mockery of them.Iam not so mad at the EI so much as all gov officials that had a hand in allowing this most ridiculous situation
same thing with the rcmp its just not proper

If you read Glaciers post carefully, you and him/her are both saying the same thing...basically agreeing.

Return to “B.C.”