Banned

Gas Prices in BC

Post by matai »

That pretty much sums it all.

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Gas Prices in BC

Post by Dizzy1 »

What are we agreeing to in your poll? That the prices are to high? Too low? Just right?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Dizzy1 wrote:What are we agreeing to in your poll? That the prices are to high? Too low? Just right?

Yes I agree what is the statement we are agreeing or disagreeing to
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Gas prices are exactly where they should be, according to the rules of our society. We elect governments who allow the oil companies to set the prices, based on their interpretation of supply and demand. The oil companies know that demand will go up on a long weekend, so they increase their prices to maximize their profits on the long weekend. If one corporation sets a price that's too high, their sales will drop off. If they set their price too low, the others will either follow or not.

Whoever put that oil under the ground in Alberta, God, Peter Lougheed, or EC Manning, they stopped doing it long ago and it's getting scarcer or more expensive to get out. The price will only go up. Not happy with the government charging royalties and taxes? Say goodby to Medicare and your pensions.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:Gas prices are exactly where they should be, according to the rules of our society. We elect governments who allow the oil companies to set the prices, based on their interpretation of supply and demand. The oil companies know that demand will go up on a long weekend, so they increase their prices to maximize their profits on the long weekend. If one corporation sets a price that's too high, their sales will drop off. If they set their price too low, the others will either follow or not.

Whoever put that oil under the ground in Alberta, God, Peter Lougheed, or EC Manning, they stopped doing it long ago and it's getting scarcer or more expensive to get out. The price will only go up. Not happy with the government charging royalties and taxes? Say goodby to Medicare and your pensions.

Unfortunately it's no longer Oil Companies setting the prices. At one time the price at the pumps was closely based on the barrel of oil, not any more the 2 are totally differently set. Which accounts for jack rabbit bouncing of pump prices, which causes me to be puzzled since the rack price does not bounce as high as the pump prices can (wonder whats that all about).

Rack price is set price at terminals. i.e for the Okanagan that is in Kamloops.
Here is a link to daily terminal prices for across Canada since January 1.
http://kentreports.com/WPPS/Unleaded/Wh ... Y_2014.htm
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's better in BC than in some other provinces , still don't make it right.

Return to “B.C.”