Kinder Morgan and Burnaby

twobits
Guru

Re: Kinder Morgan and Burnaby

Post by twobits »

lakevixen wrote:natives 1 km 0 hahaha

Here, read this and see if you can understand that the pipeline will not be going over Burnaby Mountain. Then pass it on to your Native friends, and the mostly unemployed caucasians with them. They are wasting their time trying to protect a conservation area that won't have a blade of grass disturbed beyond the test hole that has already been drilled.
You can now put the hahaha in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.biv.com/article/2014/11/burn ... gan-pipel/
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

its about more than holes drilled into a park
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

might be lil off topic but still it should be a concern for us in bc
The Alberta Energy Regulator says close to 60,000 litres of crude oil have spilled into muskeg in the province’s north.

The report says there are no reports of impact to wildlife and that a cleanup has begun. now i would be willing to bet that one barrel of spilled oil will have a impact , so how they can say 60 thousand does not seems a lil disingenuous to me anyways

http://globalnews.ca/news/1699902/alber ... paign=2014
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

twobits wrote:
Here, read this and see if you can understand that the pipeline will not be going over Burnaby Mountain. Then pass it on to your Native friends, and the mostly unemployed caucasians with them. They are wasting their time trying to protect a conservation area that won't have a blade of grass disturbed beyond the test hole that has already been drilled.
You can now put the hahaha in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.biv.com/article/2014/11/burn ... gan-pipel/

"Native Friends" and "mostly unemployed"??? Wow, so little regard that you completely avoid any meaningful debate and just jump to something short of name calling. This is something that the majority of citizens of the city of Burnaby are against - not just a few "Natives" and "Unemployed".

There's already more than just "a blade of grass" that's been harmed. Trees have been cut down. How do you think they're going to tunnel through the mountain? Do you have any idea how tunelling machines work, and what kind of disturbance to the landscape the entrance/exits have? Have you actually seen it first-hand? I have. There's a tunnel being carved just up the street from me right now. To fit something that's about the same size as the proposed pipeline through. While nothing in between is disturbed, there's an incredibly large staging area that's been cut at either end. Do you really think that the tunnel is just going to come out at either terminal with zero impact on the surrounding parkland?

Maybe you should get off your lazy *bleep* from behind the screen and keyboard and actually go have a look for yourself. Or would that be too much to to actually gather some real facts to present a real argument to the debate?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Good work up on the mountain. Kinder Morgan managed to live down to the very low expectations British Columbians suspect of them. They came across as inept bullies and that can only help the fight against their filthy pipe. Good opening round,wait for the real battle to start after the NEB rubberstamps the project.Kinder and his Alberta minions can shove the pipeline right up their tarholes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/28 ... h-columbia
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

lakevixen wrote:might be lil off topic but still it should be a concern for us in bc
The Alberta Energy Regulator says close to 60,000 litres of crude oil have spilled into muskeg in the province’s north.

The report says there are no reports of impact to wildlife and that a cleanup has begun. now i would be willing to bet that one barrel of spilled oil will have a impact , so how they can say 60 thousand does not seems a lil disingenuous to me anyways

http://globalnews.ca/news/1699902/alber ... paign=2014

Looks like actual scientists came up with the opposite conclusion that you did.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Burnaby Mountain Survey Equipment Being Pulled By Kinder Morgan
The Canadian Press | By CP

BURNABY, B.C. — Kinder Morgan is pulling its equipment out early from Burnaby Mountain — the area at the centre of anti-pipeline protests in Metro Vancouver.

Lisa Clement, with Trans Mountain media relations, said much of the equipment must be removed by helicopter, so crews wrapped up survey work early to meet a court-ordered deadline of Sunday night.

Clement said crews finished one of two drilling holes that had been planned, going down 150 metres. The survey work will give the company enough information to present to the National Energy Board for a decision on the pipeline expansion, she said.

"We have samples which we can provide photos of and it shows the different types of rock that goes that deep. So far, from early feasibility, it appears to be a stable area to put the pipeline.''

On Thursday, a B.C. Supreme Court judge refused to extend a court injunction against protesters for another 12 days, forcing Kinder Morgan to pack up before it completed its work.

The company also admitted to the court that it provided incorrect GPS co-ordinates when it initially sought the injunction, prompting the judge to throw out civil contempt charges against dozens of activists who had been protesting the survey work.

The growing protest camp on Burnaby Mountain, which is also home to a conservation site and Simon Fraser University, forced the company to go to court to ask for the injunction.

Clement said crews will need clear weather, favourable winds and daylight to remove the remaining equipment. She said Friday that she thinks all equipment will be removed from the site on time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/28 ... h+Columbia
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

36Drew wrote:
Maybe you should get off your lazy *bleep* from behind the screen and keyboard and actually go have a look for yourself. Or would that be too much to to actually gather some real facts to present a real argument to the debate?

My lazy *bleep* has worked this equipment a few years back. Much of what I have done in the past probably keeps your *bleep* warm in your house and the fibre optic cable that allows you high speed internet access. You my friend are the one that does not bring any knowledge to the discussion here.

Of course there are staging areas but their impact vs the alternative is miniscule. They are also in easily accessed and serviced areas because of the logistics of the process.....supplies and tailings removal. These areas also lend themselves to 100% remediation as they are not in the middle of nowhere. In five years time, the only reason you would be able to identify these staging areas will be because of memory of the location. It will not be because of a scar left over from the staging site.

You sir have not clue one as to how much of your privileged life is a direct result of such construction practices. I have been involved in supplying routes for everything from communications, to water, to natural gas and even jet fuel. Trench technology is the most economical by far but when a route "rocks out", or meets some other obstruction like lake, river or populated neighbourhood, your pocketbook should be happy there are solutions. I have been on countless sites providing a connection for fibre optic or domestic water and the populace is intrigued, amazed and thankful at what we were doing.

Then the uniformed like yourself come along and find out this project it is for oil. Then the process all of a sudden is destructive to the environment and an evil practice. I wish I could turn of your Internet and the Natural Gas to your home right now to give you pause to consider the false plank you are standing on.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

twobits wrote:My lazy *bleep* has worked this equipment a few years back. Much of what I have done in the past probably keeps your *bleep* warm in your house and the fibre optic cable that allows you high speed internet access. You my friend are the one that does not bring any knowledge to the discussion here.

Of course there are staging areas but their impact vs the alternative is miniscule. They are also in easily accessed and serviced areas because of the logistics of the process.....supplies and tailings removal. These areas also lend themselves to 100% remediation as they are not in the middle of nowhere. In five years time, the only reason you would be able to identify these staging areas will be because of memory of the location. It will not be because of a scar left over from the staging site.

You sir have not clue one as to how much of your privileged life is a direct result of such construction practices. I have been involved in supplying routes for everything from communications, to water, to natural gas and even jet fuel. Trench technology is the most economical by far but when a route "rocks out", or meets some other obstruction like lake, river or populated neighbourhood, your pocketbook should be happy there are solutions. I have been on countless sites providing a connection for fibre optic or domestic water and the populace is intrigued, amazed and thankful at what we were doing.

Then the uniformed like yourself come along and find out this project it is for oil. Then the process all of a sudden is destructive to the environment and an evil practice. I wish I could turn of your Internet and the Natural Gas to your home right now to give you pause to consider the false plank you are standing on.

You have absolutely zero idea who I am or what my knowledge is. You simply go ahead and throw out assumptions and conjecture, continuing with the labels, yet continue to add absolutely zero value to the debate. Only lazy people do that. That, my friend, lumps you in with the lazy.

Tunneling for a pipeline or transit is far different than laying in-street conduit for communications purposes. You're digging a trench, typically down a well-established corridor such as a roadway (as most utilities are run). Jet fuel is delivered via tanker trucks 'round these parts. As for delivery of products to homes and consumers - this product is entirely for export. People might care a little more if we were actually going to consume it or even refine it here - but we're not. It's going to come out of a pipe, be pumped into a tanker, and shipped to China.

If you'd bother to actually read what I've been posting - I have absolutely zero objection to the pipeline. It's the choice of route that I care about. There are plenty of alternatives, including simply expanding their route to the south and into the USA to ship the bitumen overseas. There's other routes around the mountain.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Y-Wine
Fledgling

Post by Y-Wine »

Two bits,
You are so right!!!
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

people like y-wine and twobits that defend the practices of the murderous kinder morgan are evidence of the corrupted moral and ethical values of society today.

burnaby mountain is unceded first nations land. kinder morgan has no right to be there without the appropriate permission from the land owners.

the so called 'federal government' and the dishonest and incompetent rcmp that act on their behalf deserve to be punished for their oppressive and criminal actions.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To hobbyguy ...

I think you omitted the part about our Canadian Courts supporting the decisions made by the government to allow survey work.

Also that until the survey work is complete no specific route and thus potential ecological effect can be determined.
Last edited by Donald G on Dec 1st, 2014, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To ABC ...

So once again you find everyone incompetent except you?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote: murderous

Oh good grief! Get a grip!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

36Drew wrote:
You have absolutely zero idea who I am or what my knowledge is. You simply go ahead and throw out assumptions and conjecture, continuing with the labels, yet continue to add absolutely zero value to the debate. Only lazy people do that. That, my friend, lumps you in with the lazy.

Tunneling for a pipeline or transit is far different than laying in-street conduit for communications purposes. You're digging a trench, typically down a well-established corridor such as a roadway (as most utilities are run). Jet fuel is delivered via tanker trucks 'round these parts. As for delivery of products to homes and consumers - this product is entirely for export. People might care a little more if we were actually going to consume it or even refine it here - but we're not. It's going to come out of a pipe, be pumped into a tanker, and shipped to China.

If you'd bother to actually read what I've been posting - I have absolutely zero objection to the pipeline. It's the choice of route that I care about. There are plenty of alternatives, including simply expanding their route to the south and into the USA to ship the bitumen overseas. There's other routes around the mountain.

You appear to have reading comprehension problems. No where did I say my experience was in laying conduits in streets for any product or communications service. We left that easy stuff for guys like yourself. My entire post was about the subject at hand.....horizontal directional drilling and tunneling technology.....exactly what they are examining Burnaby Mtn for. Further, if you cared to read the available info you would find that tunneling Burnaby Mtn will provide enough capacity to reroute the already existing pipeline through this route as well. The end result will be removing the pipeline from travelling through densely populated residential neighbourhoods. Seems like a good thing to me.
Oh and Jet fuel in pipelines.......I guess that 1.9 billion litre a year capacity pipeline we put into YVR was a figment of my lazy *bleep* imagination as well huh?

And who cares if the stuff is going to be exported. It's still Canadian jobs and tax revenues to Canada. Shall we also shut down forestry cuz there is no way we consume all of the lumber we produce. How bout we shut down all the metallurgical coal mines too and stop exporting coal. Your logic suggests we build the steel mills here instead? Let's stop exporting wheat and build bakeries to feed the world. And if we stopped exporting Potash and spread it all over the prairies imagine how much bread we could bake!!!

Return to “B.C.”