Christy Clark windows breaking

Post by matai »

A company catering for the premier got its windows shattered. Story here:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/09/wind ... ark-event/
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Christy Clark windows breaking

Post by Glacier »

Idle hands are the Devil's workshop... we need to get the teachers back to work before more of this happens.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Are you saying it was teachers did this?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Smurf wrote:Are you saying it was teachers did this?

When you have pro-BCTF protesters verbally abusing employees and the 12 year old son of the restaurant, I believe it's safe to say it was the protesters, whether they are teachers or hired goons. PATHETIC COWARDS
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

When you have pro-BCTF protesters verbally abusing employees and the 12 year old son of the restaurant, I believe it's safe to say it was the protesters, whether they are teachers or hired goons. PATHETIC COWARDS

That's quite a leap to your conclusion. I hope you didn't hurt yourself.
Chill
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Not that far of a leap after reading the article. The operator said they were harassed and called harsh things as they made their way through the large crowd of pro-BCTF protesters that were outside the theatre entrance. A 12-year-old boy, the son of the restaurant operator, was also verbally abused while he was assisting with the catered order.

Prior to the delivery, they were not aware that they were catering for a event that was attended by Christy Clark.

He also stated he hopes the two incidents were not related, but the timing and close proximity makes the incident seem more than coincidental. The theatre is only about two blocks or approximately 300 metres away from the restaurant.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^Is it too much of a leap to suggest that PERHAPS there were people in the crowd that thought this would be an excellent opportunity to cast blame on pro-BCTF protestors and try to incite more animosity towards them?

(Of course they would be cast as renegades and not attached to any faction but their own...of course!)
Chill
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

My guess is not a teacher but an anti Christy supporter.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Unions always seem to bring out the best in people.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Could very easy be nothing to do with unions, actually could be nothing to do with the protesters, just someone who took advantage of a situation. That often happens in these situations. Could have been anyone. At this point we are nothing but speculators who really know nothing for sure.

EDIT TO ADD:

One thing we do know for sure is that the news media loves to dramatize things. Not saying it didn't happen, just saying we don't have near enough information to make an informed decision. We do not even know for sure there were teachers or union members there. I would agree there probably was, but we do not know that. It could have been all parents or whomever.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

goatboy wrote:My guess is not a teacher but an anti Christy supporter.

I agree. The obsessive nature of one particular poster on this thread towards Ms Clark, and her intense hatred of the Premier, makes me think that poster herself may be the culprit.

Teachers are too namby-pamby to break a window.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

Maybe they just didn't like the food
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

So now every time a window gets broken the media is going to investigate if it is related to Christy Clark?

Jaysus, Mary and Joseph please save us from rampant stupidity ...

Next time my lawn tractor won't start Premier Clark can expect an ear-full ... fully reported to the media of course.

Return to “B.C.”