Tired of telemarketers?

simnut
Übergod

Tired of telemarketers?

Post by simnut »

Last edited by simnut on Oct 9th, 2014, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Tired of telemarketers?

Post by bob vernon »

Telemarketers must go to the Do Not Call List and must not call those numbers......................... from Canada. The Do Not Call List simply gives telemarketers a list of number that they can freely call from outside Canada. This law has absolutely no teeth and actually provides international callers a list of numbers to call. Maybe one of the most useless laws ever passed in the House of Commons.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

If you can survive without it, maybe the answer is to get rid of the landline. With wireless communication so abundant, do most of us really need the archaic hard wire? Not sure about others, but I rarely get a junk call on my cell.
I birn quil I se
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Randall T wrote:If you can survive without it, maybe the answer is to get rid of the landline. With wireless communication so abundant, do most of us really need the archaic hard wire? Not sure about others, but I rarely get a junk call on my cell.

Doesn't work 100% but I definitely receive less calls then I did when I had a landline.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The best way to get rid of them over a period of time is to set out to see how long you can keep them on the phone the first few times they phone. My record is 16 minutes. To them time is money.

Even the heavily accented caller who used to phone every now and then insisting that I had a serious problem with my computer that he could (for a price of course) fix for me using his special on line system, quit phoning after the 16 minute call.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

i'm sad i've still never received a call from them. Maybe because i don't have a landline
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Omnithio ...

You should not have drawn attention to yourself. Now they will be on to you. They have Karma.

Return to “B.C.”