Violent arrest of teen

hozzle
Lord of the Board

Re: Violent arrest of teen

Post by hozzle »

Let's step back for a second and put things into perspective. The men and women that are already in or about to commence their career in law enforcement should be and more than likely aware that the world they are entering is not full of sunshine, lolly pops and rainbows, today's events in Ottawa proves that. Daniel F's letter does indicate he is aware that the job is not a pleasant one at the time the letter was written, but he has chosen that career and that is why he will put the uniform back on.
The posts about "pity" may have been used to incite & provoke and some have been hooked... but when I read the letter Daniel F wrote it is full of self commiseration, he grieves for the profession and what high regard it once held. So I do see this letter oozing with empathy and self pity even if the word was not used once in the open letter. It had to conjure that feel to get the reader on his side from his perspective so the emotional response creates a favourable response from most.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To hozzle ...

And the conclusion inherent in your last comment is what? That people should be excused from acting like horses *bleep* when dealing with the police because the police should expect them to act that way?

Are you attempting to negate the fact that in our society mutual respect and a minimum degree of decorum is required of an average citizen. Innocent due to stupidity?
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

To Donald...
You brush things with such a broad stroke with some of your replies. I simply tried to point out to you that there is some semblance of pity that yourself and others say are devoid of the letter. You think I've implied that society act like anarchists of some sort?... give your head a shake. The police deal with the part of society most of us avoid but it shouldn't excuse them from sullying themselves to that level. I implied that maybe some walk the walk so grow a pair and accept the tainted truth that comes with the job and stop crying foul when the job doesn't give you a superhero's welcome at the end of the day.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To hozzle ...

I suppose that we all interpret the letter (and each others comments) in our own way. I'm not sure anything can or should be done about that. Except to state our own particular interpretation.

Like good artwork it means different things to different people.

Return to “B.C.”