Burnaby Mayor Hopeful Wants To Ban Holding Hands

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Burnaby Mayor Hopeful Wants To Ban Holding Hands

Post by Dizzy1 »

Gung promises “banning behaviors that hints sex/sexuality, even including Bridal Kiss and walking hand in hand, that hurt public decorum and lead to further violence.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/1613505/candi ... in-public/

I know she doesn't have a chance but seriously? But then again, Cooties is a very serious threat :S
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
wanderingman
Übergod

Re: Burnaby Mayor Hopeful Wants To Ban Holding Hands

Post by wanderingman »

where do these nut balls come from and how do they get allowed on a ballot?
this is as stupid as the queer mayor of houston texas demanding all minsters in the city disclose their sermons to her for proof reading before services each and every sunday
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

wanderingman wrote:where do these nut balls come from and how do they get allowed on a ballot?

Pick up the papers fro the corresponding City Hall, pay the fee and pretty much anyone can run for office.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

That holding hands thing was invented by the devil for the purpose of spreading disease.

Even the hands on clocks should never be permitted to touch at 12 am and 12 pm either.

Giving a person a hand is really a sick Canadian habit.

When did the mayor-to-be escape custody anyway?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

This morning I suddenly realized that I was ambling down the street with my hands clasped together behind my back. Holding hands with myself so to speak.

In Burnaby would that be interpreted as the male and female side of my personality engaging in sexual thoughts?

If no one observes you holding hands with yourself does that count as blasphemy?

Just wondering.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Donald G wrote:This morning I suddenly realized that I was ambling down the street with my hands clasped together behind my back. Holding hands with myself so to speak.

Careful - heard you can go blind if you do that too often ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

And even worse. People go around and shake hands with each other. Unprotected. I imagine that if elected, her council would try to pass a law that handshakes can only be done with rubber gloves on. So start carrying rubber gloves.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

God forbid you get caught out in public without your rubbers!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

You can joke all you want, but once a different race becomes the majority, the more likely we'll have to adapt to their culture, as "when in Rome" doesn't seem to apply to a whole lot of immigrants here.

http://www.worldissues360.com/index.php ... imes-1143/

China promotes modesty in public between the two sexes. There used to be a three foot minimum distance between members of the opposite sex, but because of enormous crowding in Chinese cities, it may be impossible to keep a 3 foot distance. Public displays of affection are off limits. Many Chinese children have never seen their parents hold hands or kiss, or even say “I love you”. However, members of the same sex may walk hand in hand and men may walk with arms draped over each other’s shoulders. Strip shows are illegal in China. In clubs, men dance with men, and women dance with women. Kissing is regarded as nearly as intimate as full sex and is a secretive act for many Chinese. PDA’s by tourists are considered violations of law. A Chinese woman may only be naked in her bathroom when in a hotel. The main religion in China is Buddhism, which considers public displays of affection taboo.

It's not like an old idea that's going away there:

http://m.theepochtimes.com/n3/917564-ch ... on-campus/

As the new school semester gets underway, a high school in central China’s Henan Province has launched new rules that bans boys and girls holding hands, to prevent romantic relationships among students, according to Chinese media reports.

In Vancouver it's just a matter of time before Chinese or East Indian ways become law as that's how the demographics are heading. Once a city is predominantly one culture, elected officials of that culture have only to get the votes of people of the same culture on issues we find absurd and there's nothing we can do but say "what happened?"
They say you can't believe everything they say.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
delSol97
Board Meister

Post by delSol97 »

Wish these people with their 3rd world barbaric ideology would stay where they came from.

If things were better where you used to live, why did you come to Canada in the first place?

Yah, I'm showing my intolerance towards people that have no tolerance for Canadian culture, deal with it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10 you got it,i am with you 100percent on this one, if you do not like it here,and want to change are laws to yours ,get the f out
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Donald G wrote:This morning I suddenly realized that I was ambling down the street with my hands clasped together behind my back. Holding hands with myself so to speak.

In Burnaby would that be interpreted as the male and female side of my personality engaging in sexual thoughts?

If no one observes you holding hands with yourself does that count as blasphemy?

Just wondering.

It's not blasphemous. It just means you're gay.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Guys holding hands = disgusting
Girls holding hands = cute
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Captain Awesome ...

You left out one.
Men and women holding hands = promising.

To Bman ...

You mean "Happy and Gay" cause my personal Yin and Yang do not allow any single intruders so it is not possible to have a Yin Yin or a Yang Yang. Only two Yin Yangs.

Return to “B.C.”