Jail cell takedown video

hozzle
Lord of the Board

Jail cell takedown video

Post by hozzle »

The video inside the cell, which was released recently, seems to show a different story than what the RCMP originally stated.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2787332
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Jail cell takedown video

Post by maryjane48 »

i know rob but havent talked to him in long time , hope he wins
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To hozzle ...

Other than the highly emotionalized and sensationalized verbal description of the situation given by the CBC reporter and his star witness from the BCCLA I saw and heard nothing except the end of an RCMP video dealing with a combative, alcohol and steroid fuelled drunk driver.

Did I miss something?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

I take it that you see justice as a competition with a prize? I assume that the prize is taxpayer money. To buy more alcohol and steroids? You live in a weird world of values.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Donald G wrote:To hozzle ...

Other than the highly emotionalized and sensationalized verbal description of the situation given by the CBC reporter and his star witness from the BCCLA I saw and heard nothing except the end of an RCMP video dealing with a combative, alcohol and steroid fuelled drunk driver.

Did I miss something?

Combative? I see him standing against the wall with his arms behind his back and his feet crossed. Did I miss something?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To zzontar ...

The announcer says previously combative. Does previously mean an hour, a few minutes or a few seconds. My guess was that it was before being subdued and restrained.

The SAFEST way to release a violent and combative prisoner is to place him face down on the floor and walk away before he can continue the physical altercation.

I think that is exactly what the video depicts.
Last edited by Donald G on Oct 23rd, 2014, 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

zzontar wrote:
Combative? I see him standing against the wall with his arms behind his back and his feet crossed. Did I miss something?

He wasn't standing, he was on his knees on a bench, he was told to cross his legs, he didn't, when he moved his legs one officer grabbed them, that's when the other officer threw him to the ground.

Did he deserve the injury he got ? No he didn't. It looked like an accident to me.

He was told to calm down and he said he won't.

The officers could not let down their guard and must be prepared for anything.

The drunk put himself in that situation.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To drive angry ...

That would make sense. A routine situation that cops encounter being sensationalized and misconstrued by those who would indiscriminately misuse the cops for their own selfish purposes. Another BCCLA member running for election?
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

To Donald G...
I think you did miss a major part of the controversy and that was the attempt by the officers involved to cover up the incident.

Police allege in court documents that there was no wrongdoing and that Wright’s injuries were not caused by RCMP members, but are "attributable to previous and/or subsequent incidents, or congenital defects or pre-existing conditions."
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

driveangry wrote:

He wasn't standing, he was on his knees on a bench, he was told to cross his legs, he didn't, when he moved his legs one officer grabbed them, that's when the other officer threw him to the ground.

Did he deserve the injury he got ? No he didn't. It looked like an accident to me.

He was told to calm down and he said he won't.

The officers could not let down their guard and must be prepared for anything.

The drunk put himself in that situation.

Wow, a drunk person kneeling on a ledge with his arms handcuffed behind him couldn't keep his feet crossed? Good thing they didn't tell him to stand on one leg, he'd probably still be in the hospital.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To zzontar ...

As I have come to expect of your comments, you have completely distorted what driveangry wrote because you could not think of a way to counter his information directly.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

zzontar wrote:
Wow, a drunk person kneeling on a ledge with his arms handcuffed behind him couldn't keep his feet crossed? Good thing they didn't tell him to stand on one leg, he'd probably still be in the hospital.

If you had actually watch the video you would have seen that he wasn't totally inebriated to be incapacitated, just intoxicated enough to be combative.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Police allege in court documents that there was no wrongdoing and that Wright’s injuries were not caused by RCMP members, but are "attributable to previous and/or subsequent incidents, or congenital defects or pre-existing conditions."

This part is confusing, the video clearly , IMO, appeared to be an accident. Why would an officer have to lie about it.

What the video DOES NOT show clearly is the face and/or area, no way to tell if there was an existing wound from a previous encounter that was reopened.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

why would an officer lie about it? to cover his *bleep*. It happens quite frequently
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

There must be ESP emanating from the video. People profess to be able to tell if the cop is fabricating a story or telling it the way he honestly sees it from his perspective.

I wonder if previous injuries means previous in this same ongoing altercation or from a previous altercation entirely? Another aspect not clarified. Therefore open to interpretation by people with a confirmed conclusion who are looking for something to support it.

Return to “B.C.”