Premier offers an apology

GenesisGT
Guru

Re: Premier offers an apology

Post by GenesisGT »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:
the funny thing though, i can't seem to find in them who arrested the chiefs? who hung the chiefs?

Try searching, Chilcotin War, as mentioned in the Castanet article.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Looks like the chief of police called the meeting to set them up, so assumedly it was the police who arrested and possibly hung the chiefs.

Apologizing for something like this all the while isn't Christy Clark on the side of the big pipelines nowadays, its again about digging up and destroying their environment and way of life.

Its a slap in the face of reason.

EXCELLENT story though, thanks for posting the link.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

police, but what force? neither the nwmp nor rcmp existed at that time.

it is my feeling that the names of these people need to be published. their crimes have been recognized, but the perpetrators' identities are still being hidden. you know they probably bred, their spawn walks among us i would bet.

we can now see 'judge' begbie was just a gang leader and not a judge at all.

and i guess from your searching you have noticed all documentation of the events have been scrubbed clean of the murderers names and affiliation.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

I don't know if these people might have been involved - what were the years of the event again?

The British Columbia Provincial Police Force was established in 1858. Policing in the Colony of British Columbia was the responsibility of the Chief Inspector of Police (1858-1863) or Superintendent of Police (1863-1871) and in the Colony of Vancouver Island by the Commissioner of Police (1858-1866).
Last edited by BelieveNothing on Oct 24th, 2014, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:and i guess from your searching you have noticed all documentation of the events have been scrubbed clean of the murderers names and affiliation.

Yes, a matter of course.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

did you notice as well all the blatant demeaning racist crap? the constant reference to the Tsilhqot'in as 'indians'.

they were certainly not 'indians' by any definition.

if they were 'indians' the land title ruling would have never occurred.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

I noticed - and I notice that these two very distinct and opposing forces exist - good and evil.

What to do about evil...
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:but the perpetrators' identities are still being hidden. you know they probably bred, their spawn walks among us i would bet.

Are you serious?
You and 71 others Like this post
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:did you notice as well all the blatant demeaning racist crap? the constant reference to the Tsilhqot'in as 'indians'.

they were certainly not 'indians' by any definition.

if they were 'indians' the land title ruling would have never occurred.

At the time they were refered to as Indians, no one had dreamed up the First Nations name yet.
Black Dogs Matter
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

they were called 'indians' by bigoted racists. 'indians' were then, as they are now, persons designated as such by treaties, and the Tsilhqot'in were not at all in that category.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

begbie called them 'savages'.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If no one is satisfied with an apology and exoneration - what next?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:begbie called them 'savages'.

After they murdered 20 people , that would seem to fit.
Black Dogs Matter
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

my homage to fancy :)

they may have killed 20, but it was impossible for them to have murdered anyone.
T.Tsarnaev
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:my homage to fancy :)

they may have killed 20, but it was impossible for them to have murdered anyone.

Oh, please tell me how you have come to that conclusion.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “B.C.”