Police cruiser sex scandal

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Police cruiser sex scandal

Post by maryjane48 »

The RCMP has quietly revealed that it won't pursue further disciplinary action against a female Mountie who said her superior sexually assaulted her in a police cruiser.

Cst. Susan Gastaldo's lawyer said Friday that the way the force issued a statement on its decision suggests it's trying to hide something.

Walter Kosteckyj said the statement clearing his client was buried on an RCMP website instead of being prominently displayed like the first news release in 2012, when she was accused of fabricating the assault allegations in an attempt to hide the truth from her husband.

The case was investigated by Vancouver police, which concluded the allegations were unfounded, and prompted an RCMP code-of-conduct review.

An RCMP review board eventually disciplined both Gastaldo and Staff Sgt. Travis Pearson for what was characterized as a consensual relationship.

The statement posted on the British Columbia RCMP website said the decision in the case of Gastaldo was made in September 2013, but those details only came to light this week.

"She has been asking for the last year that this decision be published in the same way that the original decision was published," Kosteckyj said. "Quite frankly, we couldn't find it anywhere and we thought it hadn't been published

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/125519/ ... ex-scandal

looks like she WAS telling the truth after all, i know there was a thread on this somewhere, and i remember on that thread all the people that said she was just after a quick buck , lol i hope crow tastes good :)
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Police cruiser sex scandal

Post by Treblehook »

It is a quantum leap to conclude that she was "telling the truth" after all, based on the fact that the RCMP has decided not to pursue it any further. It is just as likely that the Senior Executive of the RCMP in Ottawa has decided that pursuing discipline any further in this case will accomplish little or nothing. Considering all of the negative press that the Force has been getting over the allegations of sexual harassment or bullying of female members, it is perhaps understandable that they would elect to abandon discipline against the member at this point. It is also possible that Ottawa's decision to abandon halt discipline did not sit well with the people who investigated the matter in the first instance here in BC. The dynamics at play on this one could be complex and explain the lack of detail and the delay in releases.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

If she was telling the truth, they'd be charging the other officer with sexual assault.

There are not.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Captain Awesome wrote:If she was telling the truth, they'd be charging the other officer with sexual assault.

There are not.

An adjudication board originally found Gastaldo guilty of conducting herself in a disgraceful manner bringing discredit to the RCMP for falsely accusing Pearson of sexual assault and sending numerous sexually explicit text messages to the same officer.

Gastaldo, who was to be docked seven days' pay, appealed the board's ruling claiming that after rejecting Pearson's advances she was forced into a sexual relationship but the board accepted Pearson's claims that the relationship was consensual.

The board decision was reviewed and overturned in June 2013 by RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson, who said the board was biased on the issue of consent and that Gastaldo's arguments in support of her defence were ignored.

"I find that the board's breach of the appellant's right to procedural fairness invalidated the board's entire decision," he said in his written decision.

The police statement revealed recently said assistant commissioner Craig Callens decided in September 2013 not to pursue further discipline against Gastaldo and the charges against her were withdrawn.

it never ended up in criminal court because day one she was accused of lying , so then a internal review was done and it was biased according to the top rcmp bob paulson . i dnt think she was raped , but i do not think she jumped on this guy and said do me big boy either
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Treblehook wrote:It is a quantum leap to conclude that she was "telling the truth" after all, based on the fact that the RCMP has decided not to pursue it any further. It is just as likely that the Senior Executive of the RCMP in Ottawa has decided that pursuing discipline any further in this case will accomplish little or nothing. Considering all of the negative press that the Force has been getting over the allegations of sexual harassment or bullying of female members, it is perhaps understandable that they would elect to abandon discipline against the member at this point. It is also possible that Ottawa's decision to abandon halt discipline did not sit well with the people who investigated the matter in the first instance here in BC. The dynamics at play on this one could be complex and explain the lack of detail and the delay in releases.

An RCMP review board eventually disciplined both Gastaldo and Staff Sgt. Travis Pearson for what was characterized as a consensual relationship.

Apparently she was hiding something from someone, it was consensual. I'm guessing she didn't let her husband in on the game and maybe was hiding it from him.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Captain Awesome wrote:If she was telling the truth, they'd be charging the other officer with sexual assault.

There are not.

Uh huh...... Right you are Capt. chortle.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Sounds like the RCMP Review Board guided by Commissioner Paulson, got it right. Both got slapped up alongside the head for having sex in a police car on duty and everyone was told to go home and stop acting stupid in front of the public that demand and deserve much better.

The outcome proved to be far, far different than the initial allegation in the media. Typical cause and effect involving the human sex drive.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I am sure that cops are not the only ones that are having sex in the work place
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

the truth wrote:I am sure that cops are not the only ones that are having sex in the work place

I guess I missed out....oh well. There is a old saying around the police station, "Never dip your pen into company ink!"

Return to “B.C.”