Bomb maker sentenced

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Bomb maker sentenced

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#128207

As was mentioned in the original release, this investigation was not in any way associated to national security and there was, and remains, absolutely no indication or information to support that the investigation has any links to terrorism or extremism. CFSEU-BC’s investigation was focused solely on the possible gang-related criminal activity and this investigation falls within the mandate of CFSEU-BC; to target, investigate, prosecute, disrupt, and dismantle the organized crime groups and individuals that pose the highest risk to public safety due to gang violence.

http://www.cfseu.bc.ca/en/media-room-bl ... explosives

notice the wording in the above snippet, they say he wasn't an 'extremist or terrorist', but this is the gang squad investigating. they do not say he was not a gangster, and i am thinking he is.

are gangsters not 'terrorists' and/or 'extremists'?
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: bomb maker sentenced

and no picture of the guy either. shouldn't we be allowed to know what this obviously lethally dangerous person looks like? if not just for our own safety, but to enable the public the opportunity to bring forth additional information.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Bomb maker sentenced

Post by FreeRights »

For one, no, typically gangsters are not terrorists or extremists. Completely and absolutely different risk profile.

Should we get shown a photo? Often, the photos that the media show us are from the accused social media profiles and aren't passed out by the police. When the police do pass out a photo, they do it for public safety and they do it for other witnesses to step forward. In this particular case, it doesn't appear that either of those two instances apply.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

wasn't there an unsolved 'bombing' in penticton from this summer?

isn't it possible that he has planted bombs that have not been detonated?

i have seen plenty of people acting suspiciously, it would be nice to see a pic, so as to know whether he was one of them.
T.Tsarnaev
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:wasn't there an unsolved 'bombing' in penticton from this summer?

isn't it possible that he has planted bombs that have not been detonated?

i have seen plenty of people acting suspiciously, it would be nice to see a pic, so as to know whether he was one of them.

Fortunately, the people who actually know things about this case have apparently determined that the public is not at risk. So as much as you feel differently, that's pretty irrelevant.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

yeah, i am with dave preston on this one. totalitarianism. if someone gets to decide which bomb makers are dangerous and which ones are not, and that person is not me, i can't agree with the system. it is time for turnover.

vive le justin bourque!

vive la revolution!
T.Tsarnaev
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:yeah, i am with dave preston on this one. totalitarianism. if someone gets to decide which bomb makers are dangerous and which ones are not, and that person is not me, i can't agree with the system. it is time for turnover.

vive le justin bourque!

vive la revolution!

They aren't deciding which ones are dangerous and which ones aren't. They're deciding which ones pose an imminent threat to you now and which ones don't.

I know you're obviously a troll, but I keep pointing out why you're wrong in the very small chance that you actually aren't.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

so present some answers. explain it to me.

troll :) are you afraid of trolls? do they live under your bed? or are they out in the woods, looking through your window as you sleep at night?
T.Tsarnaev
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:so present some answers. explain it to me.

troll :) are you afraid of trolls? do they live under your bed? or are they out in the woods, looking through your window as you sleep at night?

I have no idea what answers you're looking for. Sounds like the RCMP investigated the subject from the point that he constructed explosives and believe that there's none lying around. As a result, he isn't a threat to you.

I'm glad the police make that decision and not you, because even though you have no idea what the case consisted of, you've already deemed him an imminent threat to your safety. Talk about being the author of a poorly construed threat analysis.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

but korody and nuttal, alleged bomb makers, they deserve to have their names plastered on every newspaper.

they didn't even make a bomb, and they haven't been convicted.

yet a person that has been convicted of making actual bombs, and may have left undetonated bombs in our community, and we don't deserve to know what he looks like?

time for some turnover.

revolution.
T.Tsarnaev
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:but korody and nuttal, alleged bomb makers, they deserve to have their names plastered on every newspaper.

they didn't even make a bomb, and they haven't been convicted.

yet a person that has been convicted of making actual bombs, and may have left undetonated bombs in our community, and we don't deserve to know what he looks like?

time for some turnover.

revolution.

No, we don't deserve to know what he looks like. The fact that you feel you're entitled to know is irrelevant.

Return to “B.C.”