simnut
Übergod

THIS is where the system fails

Post by simnut »

Read this:

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/129513/ ... esponsible

Read the last line of the report.

Nelson is not in custody.

Again, somewhere along the line, the police will be asked to clean this mess up.
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: THIS is where the system fails

Post by Relentless »

Isn't he on "house arrest"?
It costs less that way!
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Joel Groves

Is a pathetic judge whom should be sanctioned over this terrible miscarridge of justice
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

A pressure cooker for sure. Is it not considered assault to throw a large rock at someone? Or steal a vehicle?

Are either of these situations not enough, coupled with the mental instability aspect to lock this sad excuse for a human being up?

Just to be sure though; let's wait until he maims someone. Or worse.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Just wait, when this idiot does go off and kill someone the police will somehow end up being the bad guys. This man should be locked up somewhere for good. Not necessarily prison but somewhere where he has no possible chance of getting out in public again.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Good, now down the road when he becomes an imminent threat to others and may end up getting shot, it'll be the police at fault because he's not really a criminal, he's a poor innocent man with mental issues like Greg Matters.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Here's some questions. Who's fault is it Is it, the family and his support system? Is it society as a whole and the lack of a good system? Is it the police who get called at the last minute when it has become an out of control mess?

What do we do to correct this????????????
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I blame the court system and the judges..if someone like him hurt someone in my family, my first visit and last visit would be the judges home
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the quadguy
Fledgling

Post by the quadguy »

It does not make a rats' a-- difference ,Who was to blame. It is the job of the police and then the courts to protect society from people like this. We do not have enough money for more prisons,Because people do not want their taxes raised, It is better we send hundreds of millions of dollars to foriegn countrys that will do us absolutely noooo good. Then to look after whats important at home .the judges are in FACT told to keep these people out of jail, It is all about money,and the costs to keep them in jail with free food., free tv ,free dental work, free clothes, free hearing aids, free glasses, free doctors care. oh yea free computer use. Nice place to stay with all heat light and water paid, No work if you do not want to PHEW I can't believe the list can anyone add any other free s--t these skids get? Oh yea and most of them had the lawyers costs all paid by Guess Who. And yet we cannot expect to have the law protect us from these guys until They get over 100 convictions ( not charges)or a cop shoots them in the line of duty. Now you know why they are not put in jail Geez while growing up on the prairies,the winters got real cold ,I remember one faction of our society, These guys would throw a brick through a window,then fight with the cops trying to hit them with their wine bottles. Then they could expect 90 days where it was nice and warm. Their families were looked after by welfare. same as some of the above mentioned skids.More cost to the taxpayer and thats okay Just please please do not let them out to carry on their transgresions on the public. thank you for your reading my rant.. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Oh and if my saying that offends you, Suck it up butter cup!
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

the quadguy wrote: Oh and if my saying that offends you, Suck it up butter cup!

Nice 1-way street there, chap ... wonder if the judge thought the same thing. I'm guessing you've never spent time in these "pent house suites" you've just described.

wanderingman wrote:Is a pathetic judge whom should be sanctioned over this terrible miscarridge of justice

You're confusing justice with fairness.
the quadguy
Fledgling

Post by the quadguy »

when I was a kid, I was taught jail was not a really nice place to visit, And so NO I have never been sent to the crowbar hotel. However when I was a young kid, (before the a--hole trudeau) screwed it up. Most people with any brains and fortitude did their best to stay away from there as well. Today ,People are not concerned because the world owes them a living and looks after them quite well, If they decide to break the law and then get caught, Well they can expect a nice holiday at the new and improved crowbar hotel as I spoke of in my last rant.But it is unlikely they would do any time unless they steal a loooot of money or worse. Gee I can't think of anything worse. They don't punish much else as harshly, Murder HA a big JOKE. First any decent lawyer worth his salt can get you 0ff on the looney toon ticket. You may do a couple years at best . Break and enters, You would likey need 50 CONVICTIONS not charges before you could enjoy all the freebies.then it would be nip and tuck. Then there are auto thefts, Maybe after 20 convictions you might enjoy a short stay. Because of the time you spent waiting for the court to wrist slap you. Have a nice holiday and keep the baseball bat by the door.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its not called club fed for nothing, everything quadguy just explained is true, I have friends that work as guards in some of are federal inst,like I said its not called club fed for nothing
try google somethime
William head institution
kwikwexwelhp healing village-for are hard done by native friends lol- CLUB FED-and then some
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

Sooo ... you haven't actually spent time there ... great, well that's something we have in common ...
Try spending time in your house. By yourself. Not going outside. No visitors. For 2 weeks. And see how the cabin fever goes.

Of studies (albeit loose, and actually rather informal) ... biggest complaint about the clink is loneliness.

Anyway, that's not the point here is it ... not saying buddy here isn't completely in the wrong, it's definitely not fair the way it all played out.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You are right. It is not fair he was let out in public. He probably should never be let out in public again in his lifetime. The big problem is where should he be kept.

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

kumazatheef wrote:Sooo ... you haven't actually spent time there ... great, well that's something we have in common ...
Try spending time in your house. By yourself. Not going outside. No visitors. For 2 weeks. And see how the cabin fever goes.

Of studies (albeit loose, and actually rather informal) ... biggest complaint about the clink is loneliness.

Anyway, that's not the point here is it ... not saying buddy here isn't completely in the wrong, it's definitely not fair the way it all played out.

boooooohoooooooooooooo,there biggest complaint is loneliness,boy life is hard,here is a SECRET for them try not breaking the law, do not fool yourself there is a large group of them that love jail

Return to “B.C.”