THIS is where the system fails

kumazatheef
Board Meister

Re: THIS is where the system fails

Post by kumazatheef »

the truth wrote:boooooohoooooooooooooo,there biggest complaint is loneliness,boy life is hard,here is a SECRET for them try not breaking the law, do not fool yourself there is a large group of them that love jail

Huh, wut? Yeah, correct, don't break the law, don't go to jail ... thanks for that. So some people like it, some people don't. My money is there are more that don't than those who do ... And jail is not the only "downside", having a rap sheet closes a lot of doors, from jobs to travel, having that follow you around does not make life easy.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

the quadguy wrote:It does not make a rats' a-- difference ,Who was to blame. It is the job of the police and then the courts to protect society from people like this. We do not have enough money for more prisons,Because people do not want their taxes raised, It is better we send hundreds of millions of dollars to foriegn countrys that will do us absolutely noooo good. Then to look after whats important at home .the judges are in FACT told to keep these people out of jail, It is all about money,and the costs to keep them in jail with free food., free tv ,free dental work, free clothes, free hearing aids, free glasses, free doctors care. oh yea free computer use. Nice place to stay with all heat light and water paid, No work if you do not want to PHEW I can't believe the list can anyone add any other free s--t these skids get? Oh yea and most of them had the lawyers costs all paid by Guess Who. And yet we cannot expect to have the law protect us from these guys until They get over 100 convictions ( not charges)or a cop shoots them in the line of duty. Now you know why they are not put in jail Geez while growing up on the prairies,the winters got real cold ,I remember one faction of our society, These guys would throw a brick through a window,then fight with the cops trying to hit them with their wine bottles. Then they could expect 90 days where it was nice and warm. Their families were looked after by welfare. same as some of the above mentioned skids.More cost to the taxpayer and thats okay Just please please do not let them out to carry on their transgresions on the public. thank you for your reading my rant.. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Oh and if my saying that offends you, Suck it up butter cup!

Police can only do so much. They apparently had enough evidence to convict him, but it's the courts that deliver the sentence.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

kumazatheef wrote:Sooo ... you haven't actually spent time there ... great, well that's something we have in common ...
Try spending time in your house. By yourself. Not going outside. No visitors. For 2 weeks. And see how the cabin fever goes.

Of studies (albeit loose, and actually rather informal) ... biggest complaint about the clink is loneliness.

Anyway, that's not the point here is it ... not saying buddy here isn't completely in the wrong, it's definitely not fair the way it all played out.

To be fair, house arrest certainly isn't a walk in the park, but actual jail time is much worse.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Never tried either. Because I didn't want to. More people should think about that ahead of time if they don't want to go there. If they are incapable of that then they should NOT be out on their own.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

kumazatheef wrote:Sooo ... you haven't actually spent time there ... great, well that's something we have in common ...
Try spending time in your house. By yourself. Not going outside. No visitors. For 2 weeks. And see how the cabin fever goes.

Of studies (albeit loose, and actually rather informal) ... biggest complaint about the clink is loneliness.

Anyway, that's not the point here is it ... not saying buddy here isn't completely in the wrong, it's definitely not fair the way it all played out.

House arrest would be tough IF, the shut down your TV, your phones and the net. I know of people who were home arrested, yes they sat it is tough because no fence and no guards. BUT you can go in your yard, you can have company not the other loser who got busted with you and no kiddies if that's your crack.

As for this case, I think they need to lock people up deal with the charges promptly and stop the games lawyers play. Poor, poor me, we have forgotten about the Victim and that is where the system have failed. The criminal with the lawyer who goes on and on about their poor client should be locked up too!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

[qote="kumazatheef"]
the truth wrote:boooooohoooooooooooooo,there biggest complaint is loneliness,boy life is hard,here is a SECRET for them try not breaking the law, do not fool yourself there is a large group of them that love jail

Huh, wut? Yeah, correct, don't break the law, don't go to jail ... thanks for that. So some people like it, some people don't. My money is there are more that don't than those who do ... And jail is not the only "downside", having a rap sheet closes a lot of doors, from jobs to travel, having that follow you around does not make life easy.[/quote]

god forbid if we forget the real victims in this story. o ya that would be the victim
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

kumazatheef wrote:Huh, wut? Yeah, correct, don't break the law, don't go to jail ... thanks for that. So some people like it, some people don't. My money is there are more that don't than those who do ... And jail is not the only "downside", having a rap sheet closes a lot of doors, from jobs to travel, having that follow you around does not make life easy.

If people don't like jail then they shouldn't break the law...simplest damn thing in the world...eff em.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I thought that the election of a good, honest, law and order, Conservative government in Ottawa would have put an end to this nonsense. Obviously this guy should be in jail. But with the court system backed up for years, he probably wouldn't appear before a judge for a year or three. So he gets released. Far cheaper to just put him back into the community. That way the savings from having fewer judges, sheriffs, and court rooms can be passed on as increased subsidies to the big oil corporations and tax cuts for the banks.

Bring back the lash!!! And televise the lashing. And show them in the high schools as a demonstration of what a life of crime can lead to.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the lash works in singapore, they have one of the lower crime rates in the world
love your idea, crime rate would go down 90% lol after the wimps that call themselves gangstas see a caning or two
Last edited by the truth on Dec 31st, 2014, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Joel Groves

is not fit to sit on the bench and should be removed.This nut bar Eric Nelson should be held in a institution
Any blood that this nut bar spills will be on the shoulders of one Justice Joel Groves
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup that would be nice
Kuhltiffany

Post by Kuhltiffany »

The line that gets me in that article is "a couple days later". So he shoots someone in the face, and a couple of days later throws a rock at someone. What happened in between that time? Why was he not in a secure facility getting evaluated?

(And yes I get it, I have 2 BIL with Schizophrenia, as soon as either starts acting odd we get them admitted to a secure hospital facility for safety reasons, either by taking them ourselves or with police assistance)
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

wanderingman wrote:B.C. Supreme Court Justice Joel Groves
is not fit to sit on the bench and should be removed.This nut bar Eric Nelson should be held in a institution
Any blood that this nut bar spills will be on the shoulders of one Justice Joel Groves

And your credentials to make that assessment would be .... ???
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

And your credentials to make that assessment would be .... ???

common sense which this judge lacks drastically but so does anyone whom has to ask such
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup, pretty much

Return to “B.C.”