Foggy Vancouver

Mike6921
Fledgling

Foggy Vancouver

Post by Mike6921 »

Castanet says: Below is a collection of images taken this morning in and around Vancouver. http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/130253/ ... to-gallery

A quick Google search shows that the photo in question was published 2 years ago (10/2013). (Scroll down, it's the 6th one): http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/10/fogt ... rs-photos/
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Foggy Vancouver

Post by GordonH »

Usually happens at least (depending on air & seawater temperatures) once a year.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mike6921
Fledgling

Post by Mike6921 »

Still looks nice
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Vancouver does not get near the fog that used to happen 50+ years ago. But then again they do not get the snow they used to either and when was the last time you could skate on Lost Lagoon?
Global warming? or all the massive development and highrises....
One thing they still get plenty of is rain :)
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

I think they are different pictures taken at different times from the same location during similar conditions. Likely by the same photographer using the same equipment.

Compare the colour variation of the sky and the presence of a breeze on the exhaust plumes in the background of one and the absence of wind in the other.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

KL3-Something wrote:I think they are different pictures taken at different times from the same location during similar conditions. Likely by the same photographer using the same equipment.

Compare the colour variation of the sky and the presence of a breeze on the exhaust plumes in the background of one and the absence of wind in the other.

absolutely two different photos taken at different times no doubt about it

Return to “B.C.”