BC Transit drivers to call out all stops

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: BC Transit drivers to call out all stops

Post by Bsuds »

simnut wrote:Another Dutchman?

LOL..Dutch, German and Scottish! A killer combination.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Just an update to bus drivers calling out stops.

As some of you may know, WorksafeBC (formally Workmans Comp) backed BC Transits decision to have drivers calling out stops. Here is the kicker.

WorksafeBC does not cover stress from a job UNLESS it is the result of an incident or injury. I'm stilling trying to figure out what gives them the right to back BC Transit then.............

The OSMV also backed the decision by transit, saying it was ok for drivers to call out stops. The OSMV is on a huge campaign right now regarding distracted driving.......figure that one out! Transit drivers have more distractions already in their jobs....sure ....add another one! Makes sense.............
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Who governs the policies of BC Transit? And there lays the mystery of why BC Transit is exempt from many rules that would normally be in place for everyone else ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Dizzy1 wrote:Who governs the policies of BC Transit? And there lays the mystery of why BC Transit is exempt from many rules that would normally be in place for everyone else ;)

I'm not sure.......hence lies the problem. Like you said.................

The public needs to be more aware of how much load is put on transit drivers....as I'm quite sure all of us interact with a transit bus in one way or another. If you ask 100 people getting ready to cross the street...."would you like that bus driver coming down the road to have his full attention on driving", 100 of those people would say yes!
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?

Return to “B.C.”