Lady freaking out . . . newsworthy?

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Lady freaking out . . . newsworthy?

Post by Symbonite »

Appearantly a lady missed the ferry by a few minutes...still in dock but not allowed on. Because of rules. I guess they close gates 10 minutes before departure.

Lady freaks out and has a major melt down...Guy puts it on youtube and goes Viral...

All the news sources are eating this up like crazy....well most are.. but is this news worthy...

I dont know...sometimes yes and sometimes no...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRW6Nyydkpo
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Lady Freaking out....Newsworthy?

Post by pbear »

So is 'viral' the criteria for newsworthy? News orgs have traditionally tried to end their newscasts with something lighter, perhaps to leave their viewers in a more hopeful/happy mod after a period of 'doom like' stories. Is public shaming now a lighter story?

Having said that, it appeared on my feed last night and I did giggle. I was surprised to see it on many newscasts today though.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Time to ban all women from riding the ferry.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

why do people who use their cell phones to capture video always use portrait instead of landscape?

its a pet peeve of mine ;)

hilarious video though
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

What I really find amazing are the huge # of comments crucifying the "coward" who posted the video and that he/she must be the one with issues. How's this any different than posting a road rage dash cam video?

Showing up late to a ferry, docked or not, is no different than showing up to your gate with the plane sitting there but the doors have closed. Policies and procedures exist for a reason.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I have a child that does that when I make it clean their room...

The use of "it" is used to protect their identity.. No harm was done to "it" in the posting of this post..

Bahahaha ! If the posting of this persons little "tan tan" gets her the help she needs OR the embarrassment she needs to "modify" her public behavior , so be it.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Its not the first time she got caught on camera ...

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

From BC Ferries website ...

Q: When should I be at the terminal?
A: For most routes including Vancouver-Vancouver Island and Gulf Island services (except Tsawwassen-Gulf Islands):
•Plan to be at the terminal at least 30 minutes before the scheduled sailing time, and even earlier in our peak summer months or during normally busy periods. Ticket sales are cut off 10 minutes prior to scheduled sailing time for walk-on passengers, and 5 minutes prior to scheduled sailing time for those driving onto the ferry. (At Horseshoe Bay, the cut off is 10 minutes prior to scheduled sailing time for vehicle passengers and foot passengers.)
•Reservations should be claimed at the ticket booth 45 to 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. If you are not checked in 30 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time your reservation will no longer be valid and you will travel stand-by. Since the terminal may not have room to accommodate early arrivals during peak traffic periods we cannot process reserved traffic more than 60 minutes prior to the reserved sailing time. The reservation fee for unclaimed reservations will not be refunded.
•Assured Loading customers must check in at the ticket booth at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
•Groups travelling as foot passengers on our southern routes should be at the ticket booth at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. Groups travelling by bus should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time.

http://www.bcferries.com/travel_plannin ... .html#when
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We just need more walls.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

Absolutely it is newsworthy! Do you watch newshour? We all need a good laugh, even in the news!
She doesn't seem like she even would be embarrassed by her actions...she looks and proved she is a spoiled b*tch and it is news that there are people like that out there!
We show dumb criminals and although she wasn't a criminal... She acted dumb!
Anyone should be embarrassed to defend her!
V!
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Lady freaking out . . . newsworthy?

Post by Ken7 »

Wonder what she would do if her child had a outburst like hers while in any public building or place. Hmm, bet her children do that dance too when they don't get their way.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Someone shared a Facebook page with me asking if anyone posted the video on their page to please remove it because this person might be suffering from anxiety or depression or something. Seriously? Do we really have to come up with some sort of "oh its not their fault" excuse everytime because some people simply can't behave in public anymore?
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

She's suffering from something alright! So is the person trying to justify it!
Notice she hasn't come forward to comment about her behaviour...
V!
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Dizzy1 wrote:Someone shared a Facebook page with me asking if anyone posted the video on their page to please remove it because this person might be suffering from anxiety or depression or something. Seriously? Do we really have to come up with some sort of "oh its not their fault" excuse everytime because some people simply can't behave in public anymore?

The fact that she appears to be acting relatively normal in the very beginning leads me to believe that the tantrum was a last resort.

V-Rated wrote:She's suffering from something alright! So is the person trying to justify it!
Notice she hasn't come forward to comment about her behaviour...
V!

Curious isn't it? In this day and age anyone with a reasonable excuse (mental illness, making a ransom drop, etc) would lawyer up and be all over the news suing everyone for their role.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Don't see the big deal, you can't really tell who it is anyway.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “B.C.”