BC Earthquakes

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: BC Earthquakes

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Small quake relatively deep at just over 24Km
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... #executive

Added: those who want to check out quakes in & around BC in past 30 days, there is link on my OP. You can alter the size, by playing around with the settings. i.e the size, location, etc... etc

Added later: circle dots are quakes & diamond dots are explosions
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

OMG.......what is that dastardly NDP up to now? :biggrin:
Seriously though, when I lived in the southwest desert, not far from the San Andreas fault, we used to feel those little tremors regularly. People down there pay no attention to them......until a big one hits, like the Northridge one in LA. That one shook me out of a sound sleep at about 5 a.m., and we lived almost 200 kms from it. Sure hope B.C. doesn't experience one like that any time soon.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've never experienced an earthquake, and don't really want to darn it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Queen K wrote:I've never experienced an earthquake, and don't really want to darn it.

I did, it was exciting. I don't think I want a repeat though.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:I've never experienced an earthquake, and don't really want to darn it.

Actually if Universal Studios Florida still has the earthquake ride you could experience momentary quake (be it fake).

Added later: of course I doubt it's terribly realistic lol
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^We used to call those little CA earthquakes "Aerobic Surprise".
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:^^We used to call those little CA earthquakes "Aerobic Surprise".

Yeah, just enough for you to gasp an extra inhalation. We in BC do that just as we jump off the something solid and just before we hit the water.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

We were in Huatulco in Feb. Hot and sunny with intermittent earthquakes.. tremors actually. Weird feeling.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Small quake
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... #executive

Much bigger one is expected, may or may not happen in my lifetime. No one knows when or where a quake will happen
Bettyb
Fledgling

Post by Bettyb »

One of these days Alberta won't have to worry about a pipeline they will be the coast
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bettyb wrote:One of these days Alberta won't have to worry about a pipeline they will be the coast

I don't believe that will happen, BC is covered with faultlines. None big enough to cause the land to split off i.e California's San Andreas Fault.

Added much later: Now the potential for destruction & loss of life when the predicted major quake happens, along the Cascadia Subduction zone is huge.

Return to “B.C.”