Post by maryjane48 »

i agreed with most what you posted
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Guilty

Post by FreeRights »

Oh, fair enough ;)

My bad.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

mexicalidreamer wrote:That is a step in the right direction. I am not happy though that perjury is the most serious offence these guys are looking at.

I have always believed and always will that they murdered this man, plain and simple.

If they are not police officers, they are already in jail and likely have been for several years at this point.

I defy anyone who has seen the video to say that these men acted professionally and rationally.

What they did was disgusting and unnecessary and the fact that they lied about it afterward only shows that they knew they were in deep crap.

They are responsible for the unnecessary death of Mr. Djiekanski and should all see the inside of a prison.

I agree they are soley responsible for the death of this poor soul and I agree after watching the video
HOWEVER where was the Border security people before all this went down? why did they screw his mother around and why did they not try and assist this distraught man??
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Have you ever met a customs officer and tried to get help? They are very single minded and have no time for anything other than what it is they are there to do.

I agree; someone, anyone should have done something/anything before the police were even called. Had that happened, I would bet that he is alive and well today.

I can't imagine the frustration he must have been feeling at the time. Can't speak the language and basically trapped in no mans land.

I would love to hear from those of you posting here what your personal views are with respect to my contention that these officers are responsible for the mans death and therefore are guilty of murder to some degree. And that they absolutely mishandled the entire situation.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Have you ever met a customs officer and tried to get help? They are very single minded and have no time for anything other than what it is they are there to do.

So, the problem actually started here.

I agree; someone, anyone should have done something/anything before the police were even called. Had that happened, I would bet that he is alive and well today.

Perhaps...but only to the point that the man wouldn't have been so aggravated by the time the police arrived.

I would love to hear from those of you posting here what your personal views are with respect to my contention that these officers are responsible for the mans death and therefore are guilty of murder to some degree. And that they absolutely mishandled the entire situation.

Again, the police are called in to clean up a mess that could have been prevented by others at the airport. An escalated situation. They used a non lethal (allowed) method to control the situation and that went bad. Yes, some of the officers will be found guilty of lying, but that is not any where close to murder. How would you have handled the situation?
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I have always said this since this story broke out, I blame the airport security for all of it,if they did there job correctly from the get go,he would still be alive today-all the guy needed was a translator from the beginning that's all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

For guys and stapler. End of story as far as I'm concerned.

Not for one second did they attempt to do anything that might have helped him calm down.

Yes, he my have thrown the stapler at them and yes that would hurt if it hit you. They tazed him multiple times, after he was down. Not necessary.

I have seen some stellar (no sarcasm) examples of police taking down suspects where nobody got hurt.

I have seen examples of police officers taking time to assess situations where language was a barrier and bringing in an interpreter. I have seen police talk suicidal people down from the ledge.

Four police officers and a stapler. No matter how many times I say it, it is still stunning to me that the best they could do was taze him and jump on him to subdue him before they had clue one what the issue was. Because he had stapler and was obviously agitated.

Just because you are angry does not give the police license to beat the crap out of you though some seem to think it does.

You would have thought that at least one of them would have realized that "hey, maybe if we can communicate with him, we can help him"?

I can't unequivocally say what I would have done but I do know what I wouldn't have done based simply on what I saw. If I am there, given the safety in numbers philosophy, I would have done some asking of the security folks that called it in to try and figure out what the heck was really going on. I may have, given the right timing had him hand cuffed and made to sit or even lay down but I would not have attacked him.

A raised stapler does not in any way rationalize the response of the police to what happened and we all saw it.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

the truth wrote:I have always said this since this story broke out, I blame the airport security for all of it,if they did there job correctly from the get go,he would still be alive today-all the guy needed was a translator from the beginning that's all

What did airport security, specifically, do wrong?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

They did nothing. That was what was wrong.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

the truth wrote:I have always said this since this story broke out, I blame the airport security for all of it,if they did there job correctly from the get go,he would still be alive today-all the guy needed was a translator from the beginning that's all

Agree on this deal.I said the same thing a day after it happened "BUT" why did the dyed blond cop kneel so heavily on the guys chest after tasering him several times? Why did it take 4 cops? why did they taser him so many times and then lie??

They lied because they(cops) knew they badly mishandled the situation and I mean badly !!!!!
Last edited by wanderingman on Feb 25th, 2015, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

They did what any self preservationist 10 year old would do when the realized that they had screwed up. They lied.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

freerights????
What did airport security, specifically, do wrong?

seriously you never ever saw the original vidios and read all the reports.Regarding the mothers treatment by BS and also
the fact they put him in the room and showed total disregard for anyone or their well being
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

mexicalidreamer wrote:They did nothing. That was what was wrong.

Out of curiosity, what duties do you think security personnel conduct on a government contract in this country? Particularly an airport?

wanderingman wrote:seriously you never ever saw the original vidios and read all the reports.Regarding the mothers treatment by BS and also
the fact they put him in the room and showed total disregard for anyone or their well being

The only criticism regarding the private security in this particular event that I can see is that they were unable to communicate with the man to defuse him. To be fair, that was also around the time he was throwing a computer monitor and as a result, security called police.

I'm willing to agree that the police handled it poorly, but had the airport itself enough effective communications, this entire event could have been resolved before the police had even gotten involved.

Return to “B.C.”