Highway speeds under review

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Highway speeds under review

Post by Smurf »

I have seen that on many occasions and totally agree with it. I have even wondered if it would be a good idea going through say Kelowna and Vernon. On many occasions I have seen both lanes blocked by large trucks. This is a good idea but we have to remember that many of our roads are only single lane and even on many two lane highways having one lane continuously blocked by slow traffic would probably still cause a lot of problems. We have to learn to live together and on today's busy roads it might mean moving a little slower than some would like. In many/most cases it is a lot easier for fast traffic to slow down than slower traffic, say large trucks to safely speed up.

We have to somehow figure out safe ways for everyone to share our roads.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/169370/ ... eed-limits

But, but, but ... speed kills, speed causes accidents, speed is responsible for the problems in the world. Said it before, and I'll say it again, there are always other factors involved. Glad too see that the Government is finally getting their head out of their :cuss: and realizing what the rest of the world already has known.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Was just gonna post this ^^^ too,, Looks like the pearl-wringers were wrong, again.

Now if we could just get the self-appointed Sherrifs to stay in the right lane unless they are ACTIVELY PASSING SOMEONE, then we'd be getting somewhere.
On a different forum
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2016, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2016, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
On a different forum
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Dizzy1 wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/169370/Crash-course-in-speed-limits

But, but, but ... speed kills, speed causes accidents, speed is responsible for the problems in the world. Said it before, and I'll say it again, there are always other factors involved. Glad too see that the Government is finally getting their head out of their :cuss: and realizing what the rest of the world already has known.

The only thing speed kills is your pocketbook. There are far more accidents on the highway through Kelowna where the speed limit is 60km/h than there are through Kamloops or Chillwack where the highway limits are 90 to 100 km/h.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”