North Vancouver School Yard Confrontation

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

North Vancouver School Yard Confrontation

Post by Symbonite »

Oh here we go again...another self entitled Parent...of course a mom...making a big stink about something that about a playground that is on school property but want to use it during school hours...

sorry had to edit this in....EDIT she was complaining about the playground that had money raised for the neighborhood by the neighborhood and installed it on a Vancouver school, but because of that she think she can use it at any time. /EDIT

anybody knows that during school hours if your not part of the school you shouldn't be on school grounds. after 5 and weekends thats fine...

if you listen to the video...even her own kid doesnt want to be there anymore and she blames him for them getting upset...time to look at the mirror mirror who is the most self ritious of them all. God...parents drive me nuts...all about them and their ribbon for last place kids....

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/BC/ID/2655648087/
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Sige
Übergod

Re: North Vancouver School Yard Confrontation

Post by Sige »

It seems the video is no longer there.

Signed, me...of course, a Mom ;)
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

to all video users who use their smart phones to video

stop using portrait mode to video, move the camera 90 degrees to use LANDSCAPE mode!
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Oh my...she is really upset LOL. The rules for all time have been no public use during school hours; I thought everyone knew that...apparently not. I don't understand how she can't see why there would be a security issue.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

In the video title it says it a private school, so Provincial funding is for each student not the playgrounds.

If this is private school, then Mom has absolutely no grounds for her complaint.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

You call this a confrontation? Nobody even got slapped. Not even a single F-bomb.

BORING!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Boy, people go to great lengths nowadays to make an issue out of everything.

The principal should have just called the police and been done with it. Nobody ain't got time for that.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

I found out after I posted that it was, in fact, a private school so yeah, she should definitely not be on the school grounds at that point.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Symbonite wrote:Oh here we go again...another self entitled Parent...of course a mom...making a big stink about something that about a playground that is on school property but want to use it during school hours...

You hit the nail on the head Symbonite, this is a case of self entitlement. She should be talking to her local school board and not giving the tennant of the property a hard time. The parents raised the money to build this playground, it was a gift to the school, it doesn't give them the right to unlimited use.

The principal should have said, "Thanks for the playground, we are enjoying it, now get out!"
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

More details would be interesting, such as is her version of "I paid for this playground" really "I bought a box of cookies when they came to my door"

Either way, school hours are not your playground, private or public. Around Kelowna there are many parks not that far from the school my kids go to, Vancouver may be much different, but not this.

Anytime you are asked by the people currently in charge of a property to leave the premises, especially private property, perhaps you should stop trying to get attention and be an adult.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

This is what happens when children (her) are not taught discipline and respect at an early age.

If we think she is bad, what are her kids going to grow up like?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

FreeRights wrote:Boy, people go to great lengths nowadays to make an issue out of everything.

The principal should have just called the police and been done with it. Nobody ain't got time for that.

sorry but I had to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEC-8GFTP4
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

All I can think is what a self-righteous *bleep*! That man was very gracious IMO and she wouldn't even let him speak.. And that poor child..."mom, let's go" over and over.

I am so sick of the Me generation...sorry but more people need to learn to respect other people's property, and other people. Her child sounded old enough to be in that school, so why wasn't he? Also, if she helped "raise money" for that school equipment, again, why was her children not in school?

Way more to this I think.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I think, if you read the article, the actual public school for which the playground was built closed a few years ago and the French International school leases the property. The "mom" helped raise funds for the public school previously.

Return to “B.C.”