Kids may have killed rabbit

wanderingman
Übergod

Re: Kids May Have Killed Rabbit

Post by wanderingman »

Fancy wrote:If these are truly "small children" where were the caregivers that allowed them the freedom to roam on other people's property and steal what doesn't belong to them.

I think one would find poor parenting skills involved here plus I bet you these 3 little hellions have been in trouble before
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

wanderingman wrote:
I think one would find poor parenting skills involved here plus I bet you these 3 little hellions have been in trouble before

My thought also, I've seen it. There appears to be something missing here, and it's parenting.

As a youth I recall chasing a rabbit all over the neighborhood. Catching it and feeding it lettuce and carrots. We didn't take sticks and kill it, but fed it and then set it free again. There will be more to read about these children if no one works with the parents and them.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Everything makes the news these days. Nope, just this kind of stuff because it gets people talking.The more salacious the details, the better. Still, I see no point in calling small children "*bleep*", They are in fact "*bleep*". This is how they start. This is not a normal kid thing. This is the mark of a future *bleep*. I knew kids like this when I was a kid and they turned out to be *bleep* too. The bigger *bleep* however are their parents. treating them like this is a sure-fire sign they'll all grow up to be sadistic killers, They already are or other forms of media-induced overreacting. As opposed to underreacting and coddling and trying to make sense of the senseless like you would like to do They did a rotten, bad thing and it needs to be dealt with. Oh yeah.Apparently it is being dealt with. Hopefully not by their hillbilly parents. Hopefully the people who are dealing with it have a reasonable amount of compassion and common sense. Unlike these kids, no kid who is well adjusted kills anything bigger than a fly. This is not behavior to be expected from young kids whose brains haven't yet fully formed. This is behavior one would expect from a future bigger *bleep*. The one who your kid comes home from school crying about. The one who breaks into your garage and steals your kids bike. The one who lights the firecracker and throws it at your kid. The shaping of a future degenerate(s) has begun here and if you actually allowed yourself to be guided by that reality rather than trying to make excuses for deviant behavior at any age, the rest of the world might have a chance of not being victimized at some future date by bunny killer.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Quoting rustled in black, mexicalidreamer in angry red:
    Everything makes the news these days. Nope, just this kind of stuff because it gets people talking.The more salacious the details, the better. Still, I see no point in calling small children "*bleep*", They are in fact "*bleep*". This is how they start. This is not a normal kid thing. This is the mark of a future *bleep*. I knew kids like this when I was a kid and they turned out to be *bleep* too. The bigger *bleep* however are their parents. treating them like this is a sure-fire sign they'll all grow up to be sadistic killers, They already are or other forms of media-induced overreacting. As opposed to underreacting and coddling and trying to make sense of the senseless like you would like to do They did a rotten, bad thing and it needs to be dealt with. Oh yeah.Apparently it is being dealt with. Hopefully not by their hillbilly parents. Hopefully the people who are dealing with it have a reasonable amount of compassion and common sense. Unlike these kids, no kid who is well adjusted kills anything bigger than a fly. This is not behavior to be expected from young kids whose brains haven't yet fully formed. This is behavior one would expect from a future bigger *bleep*. The one who your kid comes home from school crying about. The one who breaks into your garage and steals your kids bike. The one who lights the firecracker and throws it at your kid. The shaping of a future degenerate(s) has begun here and if you actually allowed yourself to be guided by that reality rather than trying to make excuses for deviant behavior at any age, the rest of the world might have a chance of not being victimized at some future date by bunny killer.

Wow. Well, you are, of course, completely entitled to react in what ever way you see fit. Here's how the child's mother reacted:
Update March 9:

The mother of the child, whose rabbit was killed in Beaverdell, contacted Castanet to say the community is working together on this issue.

She says the her daughter is not receiving counseling, but she did receive letters, from those who may have been involved, apologizing and offering condolences.

The woman, who did not give her name, says the incident has been hard on the community as Beaverdell is small and most people know each other, however everyone is now putting their best foot forward on the matter.

Bear in mind she actually knows the kids in question. I wonder how she'd feel about the way you've denigrated her community? It probably stings, but I suppose she might consider the source. Somehow I think she's not anywhere near as small-minded as those here who are so terribly anxious to cast stones.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

rustled wrote:Bear in mind she actually knows the kids in question. I wonder how she'd feel about the way you've denigrated her community? It probably stings, but I suppose she might consider the source. Somehow I think she's not anywhere near as small-minded as those here who are so terribly anxious to cast stones.

It's absolutely baffling how anyone can continue to defend these kids in any way. Period.

Theft = wrong
Killing someone's pet = wrong

Trying to reason away any aspect of this situation = wrong
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Baffles me how anyone can be so delighted to play psychiatric expert, judge, jury, and sentencer.

I object to adults who don't know these children (or the full circumstances) vilifying them with what they've been vilified here on this forum.

Somehow, in your mind, my saying the adults here are being nasty and ignorant and vile equates to my saying the children did nothing wrong?

Not once did I say what they did wasn't wrong. Not once did I say they shouldn't be held accountable. According to the pet owner's parent, they have been held accountable. You should be happy, but instead you would rather harp on their behaviour and mine than take a good hard look at your own.

Such a black-and-white world we live in, where the children who have been held accountable for their misdeeds continue to be vilified by adults who see nothing wrong with casting stones. It's a world gone mad.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

No, I get that.

Theft and murder is a "rotten, bad thing"...you've said it more than once or twice.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

However, Laville is concerned for other pets in the neighbourhood after hearing rumours this group wanted to harm again.

"We are pretty much being held enslaved by three small children," she claims.

This from the mother of the child whose pet was slaughtered. Where exactly do you get that these children have been held accountable?

There are always those who no matter how heinous a crime or act is committed will forever hold firm to the belief that the perpetrator is harmless and simply misunderstood.

Sometimes they are just bad people. In my opinion, any child who tortures and kills an animal is not simply an underdeveloped child. There is something that goes much deeper than that.

You don't butcher an animal and then suddenly after the fact have an epiphany and realize "wow,, that was wrong". Those who don't suffer from adolescent sociopathic tendencies don't kill it in the first place.

If there were three kids as the article states, it is probable that one is more evil than the others and the other two were along for the ride and maybe afraid to do anything to stop it. I think the odds of there being 3 young kids who are this twisted in a place as small as Beaverdell is remote. At least I hope so.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Kids may have killed rabbit

Post by rustled »

We don't know the entire story, but please take a moment to review the few facts that out there, easily accessible.

For example, Laville is not the mother. If you read the news story, that is clear. If you read the update, it is even more clear. And if you read the comments under the news story, even more becomes clear.

There's much we don't know. We don't even know if these children have reached adolescence. Was this a one-off? Do these children feel remorseful? Do they understand the pain they've caused? If any one of those things is true, the criteria by which you've decided these are clearly deviants in the making does not apply, and yet you've applied it (and a whole lot more) anyway, based on nothing more than rumour, and you've applied it as firmly and harshly as possible. Is this reasonable? Is it how you would wish any child you care about to be treated by their community? One terrible act and they're to be judged immediately and treated as pariahs by everyone around them?

I don't understand why any of you feel compelled, despite your seeming lack of interest in the few facts which are publicly available, to pass judgment not only on children (small children, if we're to believe Laville's statement to the media) for a single terrible act which you know little-to-nothing about. Nor do I understand why anyone feels they understand enough to cast judgement on the children's parents and cast aspersions on an entire community.

Rather than seeking the truth and admitting how much we don't know, this thread keeps the spotlight on the misery of others. Frankly, adults ought to be capable of showing more empathy than what's been shown here. So while judging children for what you believe to be the motivations behind what they've done, we might want to ask ourselves, What kind of adult person gets their kicks doing what we're doing here?

And on that note, I'll bow out.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

However, Laville is concerned for other pets in the neighbourhood after hearing rumours this group wanted to harm again.

she says a rabbit was brutally killed by children. note "brutally"

so all you bleeding heart liberals go to beaverdale and do a investigation and come back and let us know how your three little angles are doing
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This has nothing to do with kicks. And I stand corrected on the name of the parent. My apologies.

I did not vilify the entire community, I am however hugely concerned with the parents and I sincerely doubt that this was the first transgression for these kids. This just happens to be one that they caught for.

Normally you lead up to brutally killing a live animal so my guess is that if you scoured the wooded areas, you would find little baby birdy feet. Or worse.

Return to “B.C.”