B.C. bear hunt: David Suzuki mauls the facts

Glacier
The Pilgrim

B.C. bear hunt: David Suzuki mauls the facts

Post by Glacier »

David Suzuki wants to ban the annual B.C. bear hunt, but Keith Beasley of Canada in the Rough says the doctor doesn't have his facts straight.

Beasley says Suzuki's statements aren't based on the latest information -- he's simply pushing his personal anti-hunting agenda.

Beasley told me that, for one thing, only 2% to 4% of the bear population is harvested per year.

If the number of bears gets too high, they threaten the existence of over a dozen other species, like elk.

Like all responsible hunters, Beasley knows more about true sustainability than many environmentalists like David Suzuki:

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: B.C. bear hunt: David Suzuki mauls the facts

Post by Lady tehMa »

This is not surprising. I'm fairly sure Suzuki has given up on facts, or at least the ones that don't support him. He is using his status as a canonized saint of the eco-movement to support whatever crosses his mind.
I haven't failed until I quit.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Beasley says Suzuki's statements aren't based on the latest information -- he's simply pushing his personal anti-hunting agenda.

sounds like hes operating at normal pace as all liberal left wings do along with all the religious freaks we now have in Canada
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

wanderingman wrote:sounds like hes operating at normal pace as all liberal left wings do along with all the religious freaks we now have in Canada

Considering Canada was founded for and by religious 'freaks' does it really surprise you that much that we have lots of religious 'freaks' 200 years later? Way to come into a thread with a fully loaded political shotgun....LOL

David Suzuki tries to protect our environment. Sometimes he goes to extremes, sometimes not. You won't find many people who will agree with 100% of what he thinks or says...but that's ok. His general goal in life is to keep our environment healthy for both us and the animals that inhabit it.

But then again he could just be some liberal left wing religious freak right? Whatever dude....
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Well - if the owner if a sporting goods store and host of a hunting TV show that profits directly from bear hunts says a world renowned biologist and zoologist doesn't know what he's talking about, who are we to judge!

Beasley says Suzuki's statements aren't based on the latest information -- he's simply pushing his personal anti-hunting agenda

I guess this isn't a pro-hunting agenda? The owner of a sporting goods store and head of a deer hunting association?

Last time I read a quote like that it was the head of a tobacco company saying that a scientist wasn't using medical facts to suggest that cigarettes cause cancer, the doctors were just pushing their pro-cancer pro-health agenda.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Atomoa wrote:Well - if the owner if a sporting goods store and host of a hunting TV show that profits directly from bear hunts says a world renowned biologist and zoologist doesn't know what he's talking about, who are we to judge!

Oh come on atoma, you forgot to add that he also a world renowned climatologist. (insert big belly laugh here). Nothing was sweeter than the azz kicking he got in Australia by some real climatologists.
How you can actually defend this pseudo science fraud making millions from the naive behooves any rational thinking.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

suzuki does not care about anything but the big dollars he can make pretending he is protecting the environment.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

How did SUNTV ever go out of business with such a awesome and large fanbase?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Considering Canada was founded for and by religious 'freaks' does it really surprise you that much that we have lots of religious 'freaks' 200 years later? Way to come into a thread with a fully loaded political shotgun....LOL

David Suzuki tries to protect our environment. Sometimes he goes to extremes, sometimes not. You won't find many people who will agree with 100% of what he thinks or says...but that's ok. His general goal in life is to keep our environment healthy for both us and the animals that inhabit it.

But then again he could just be some liberal left wing religious freak right? Whatever dude....
[/quote]
opinion do vary and perception of one,s doing is not always agreed upon by both partys as U say
whatever dude
I did say quote: ALONG with all the religious freaks we now have in Canada . did U notice where I said along with
and NOW HAVE??
I find your comparing the main stay catholics and protestants from years gone by to the current muslim fiasco
rather laughable
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Anyone who still has faith in David Suzuki's awareness of issues and his ability to be unbiased is doing a masterful job of ignoring exactly who he is and exactly what he does. The Australian interview proved the emperor had no clothes. In case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKdmQMVJ70.

How can any sensible person watch that video and continue to take anything he says seriously? This comment following the YouTube sums it up very well:
No need to insult David...he does a great job of revealling exactly who his is an how much he knows about his "important issues."
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

rustled wrote:Anyone who still has faith in David Suzuki's awareness of issues and his ability to be unbiased is doing a masterful job of ignoring exactly who he is and exactly what he does. The Australian interview proved the emperor had no clothes. In case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKdmQMVJ70.

How can any sensible person watch that video and continue to take anything he says seriously? This comment following the YouTube sums it up very well:

I understand the issues. The fact remains that David Suzuki has done more for our environment and people before he even started making money off it than your entire ancestral lineage. You can sit there and find faults with people, whether it's a president, prime minister, pope, cop, school teacher, athlete...or, you can be happy for what they contribute to society. It's obvious which one of those people you are...the person who would rather sit back and b*tch about everything and everyone instead of actually doing something about it. Each to their own....

I have seen first hand what David has done for Canada and I'm pretty damn proud of it. Personally, I don't care about nitpicking arguments...I see the bigger picture. You can bash the internet because we all know how much horrible evil exists online....or we can embrace it and help our society grow from it. You choose which side of that fence you're on....nobody else. Maybe it's time to take off the blinders....
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Atomoa wrote:How did SUNTV ever go out of business with such a awesome and large fanbase?

It's debatable as to whether or not they went out of business since this new news site popped up pretty much the next day with the exact same people working for it. The interviewer lady is from SunNews.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:Anyone who still has faith in David Suzuki's awareness of issues and his ability to be unbiased is doing a masterful job of ignoring exactly who he is and exactly what he does. The Australian interview proved the emperor had no clothes. In case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKdmQMVJ70.

Danielson99 wrote:I understand the issues. The fact remains that David Suzuki has done more for our environment and people before he even started making money off it than your entire ancestral lineage. You can sit there and find faults with people, whether it's a president, prime minister, pope, cop, school teacher, athlete...or, you can be happy for what they contribute to society. It's obvious which one of those people you are...the person who would rather sit back and b*tch about everything and everyone instead of actually doing something about it. Each to their own....

I have seen first hand what David has done for Canada and I'm pretty damn proud of it. Personally, I don't care about nitpicking arguments...I see the bigger picture. You can bash the internet because we all know how much horrible evil exists online....or we can embrace it and help our society grow from it. You choose which side of that fence you're on....nobody else. Maybe it's time to take off the blinders....

Hey, sweet pea, don't light your hair on fire. Be just as proud of Suzuki as you like. Don't expect everyone else to ignore the arrogance with which he treats people, the biased ignorance he shows when "discussing" the issues, the way he doesn't practice what he preaches, or the overall cost (some borne by you and I, but much more of it borne by those who can least afford it) of single-mindedly adopting his extreme view of how we must all take drastic action to save the world. We're allowed to think critically about what he says and what he does, and we don't have to stay silent when we don't like what we see.

You know absolutely nothing of my lineage and nothing about our contributions, yet you're quite happy to make assumptions and bash people about whom you know absolutely nothing. I could say it's pretty clear what kind of person you are, but instead I'm going to chalk it up to you feeling passionate about this and assume you're a decent person who simply sees Suzuki's actions differently than I do.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Danielson99 wrote:

I have seen first hand what David has done for Canada and I'm pretty damn proud of it. Personally, I don't care about nitpicking arguments...I see the bigger picture.

Seriously? Suzuki had some credibility.....about 25 yrs ago.....when he stayed within the realm of his knowledge. Now all he is is some kind of enviro diva that recognized that he could make millions preaching about what the gullible like you want to hear.
You are being sucked into a new corporate conglomerate called "green" or "alternative energy" or "sustainable industry" or yada yada and you do not even realize it. This new corporate conglomerate is funded almost entirely off of the backs of the most vulnerable in society and you buy it hook, line and sinker. Who do you think things like carbon taxes affects more....those earning 50k a year or less or those making plus 50k/yr.
Me thinks that one day you will age enough to realize you were played.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Atomoa wrote:Well - if the owner if a sporting goods store and host of a hunting TV show that profits directly from bear hunts says a world renowned biologist and zoologist doesn't know what he's talking about, who are we to judge!

Suzuki says that grizzly bears are carnivores.

In fact, grizzly bears are omnivores.

Shows just how much a fruit fly biologist knows about grizzly bears.

Don't forget to send him some money, though. He is really quite good at knowing how to get money from gullible saps.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “B.C.”