CARP wants to scrap driver testing?

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: CARP wants to scrap driver testing?

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Smurf wrote: Maybe if it started to cost them big they would smarten up.

One would certainly hope, that being said however I must say I am shocked at how many cars they towed on Hwy97 for excessive speeding in the last couple of weeks.

It certainly seems that some just don't get the message, and must have deep pockets to boot.

Maybe it's time to yank their licences for 3 months in addition to the current actions that accompany excessive speeding.

As a Lake Country resident I certainly note on a daily basis the lack of respect Vernonites demonstrate for our community, as they ignore the speed limit and tailgate or bob and weave through traffic in an attempt to maintain 80-90kph in a 50kph zone.

I'm thinking if a regular radar trap was set up and the funds directed toward the railway purchase it would be paid for in no time without any help from locals. LOL
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

biggoofball wrote:Age 65 is a ridiculous age for anyone to start suggesting retesting. Age 80 may be a little more reasonable
young drivers should be retested because they get the most tickets and have the most accidents

75 seems a good age to start testing. And I don't think the costs of this should be borne by the individual. Many can barely make it by on OAS etc. as it is, so I'm fine (this may be the first time I've posted this) with the rest of us picking up the tab. Set the age at 75 and the bill won't be so bad. That is about the age my Mom stopped driving, by her own choice. Dad is still capable at 82, and has proven that in testing.

Outside of that, re-test those that prove they need it regardless of age. The need to be determined by points etc. I know good young drivers and bad middles-aged drivers.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

They should increase the length of time that a new driver has their N for, and re-test every 3 months during that time, to get your full license.

They should begin testing again at 75 years old, every 6 months or 1 year.

People are right, it's not just the older generation that can be dangerous on the road, but it's important to point out that the older generation are, too. They do need to be tested on occasion as well.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “B.C.”