Badly managed or badly estimated on total users

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Badly managed or badly estimated on total users

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/136085/ ... g-millions

would not be surprised if its both of the badly's mention in the title. From everything I've heard the Masey tunnel needs long overdue update.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Badly managed or badly estimated on total users

Post by Bsuds »

So put a toll on all the bridges until they are paid off. Then it won't matter which direction you go you will still pay.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Vancouver has an excellent mass transit system. I'm all for sticking it to commuters who are hanging on to the one person/one vehicle mindset. It's a convenience the taxpayer shouldn't be forced to subsidize.

[/rocktheboat]
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Bsuds wrote:So put a toll on all the bridges until they are paid off. Then it won't matter which direction you go you will still pay.

They have no room to complain about losing money on this.
2 bridges - 2 different companies collecting tolls - but you can sign up and get a sticker for your windshield that gives you a single bill.

Until they make it 1 company doing the collections and billing and streamline the process so that it is cost effective - they have no room or cause to b****h about any losses on the bridge tolls.

suck it up - buttercup - Do not whine to the rest of the province and the taxpayers outside the lower mainland when you are wasting money the way you are running the system.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I cant figure out how it costs 80 million dollars to run a bridge do they repave once a month?
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

LTD wrote:I cant figure out how it costs 80 million dollars to run a bridge do they repave once a month?

They must be counting capital cost, loans, interest into it.
Black Dogs Matter
biggoofball

Post by biggoofball »

LTD wrote:I cant figure out how it costs 80 million dollars to run a bridge do they repave once a month?

what DS says this is the cost of loan payments,interest,general up keep,running the toll system etc
Midnite
Fledgling

Post by Midnite »

biggoofball wrote:
what DS says this is the cost of loan payments,interest,general up keep,running the toll system etc

I wonder what proportion of the toll is for just operating the toll system itself?
biggoofball

Post by biggoofball »

I wonder what proportion of the toll is for just operating the toll system itself?

you can bet your sweet *bleep* its the only one part that makes money
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:They have no room to complain about losing money on this.
2 bridges - 2 different companies collecting tolls - but you can sign up and get a sticker for your windshield that gives you a single bill.

Until they make it 1 company doing the collections and billing and streamline the process so that it is cost effective - they have no room or cause to b****h about any losses on the bridge tolls.

suck it up - buttercup - Do not whine to the rest of the province and the taxpayers outside the lower mainland when you are wasting money the way you are running the system.

It's a single company collecting the tolls - TREO. With or without the sticker. The sticker saves the "License Plate Processing Fee", and can even be tied to a credit card so you don't have to worry about paying the bill monthly.

As for the losses - it's not a loss. It's the difference between the tolls collected and the finance and maintenance costs. Keep in mind that the bulk of the products that you buy up there come across the Port Mann bridge. They don't fly those container trucks in, and they don't "beam" your wally-world goodies onto the shelves star-trek style. Your bridge bears a cost of about 1/5th the Port Mann bridge. It serves pretty much to allow traffic to travel between the bedroom communities of Peachland and Westbank to go work in Kelowna.

I totally agree - toll the crap out of the expensive bridge projects. Including yours. Why the hell should I be paying for your bridge?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “B.C.”