The cop
14%

Total votes: 36

FreeRights
Guru

Re: Who's the thug, cop or driver?

Post by FreeRights »

zerograv wrote:
Of course you agree, isn't that what Castanet is about for you regulars?

Way to add nothing to the discussion about the topic by the way.

Is everybody wrong except you?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

The bc lawyer who is an expert in impaired isn't wrong, either was the supreme court judge I quoted. Seems the only person wrong is you :) again, way to add nothing to the discussion about the topic, but instead make this some personal vendetta to prove me wrong and change my mind.

Here we go.......all the legal experts who commented on this are wrong, I'm wrong, judges are wrong, all the media covering this is wrong.....and you three castanutters are right.....that's how it works around here isn't it? Feel better now? Sorry massa I promise I won't do it again massa.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

zerograv wrote:

Of course you agree, isn't that what Castanet is about for you regulars?

Way to add nothing to the discussion about the topic by the way.

As far as I can see you haven't added any real proof yet, just a lot of opinion based on nothing but a video that does not show the whole event. You keep referring to what the Police Chief said but he was not there and probably won't be in court so it means nothing. Show us some actual proof to back up what you are implying.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Chus statement was a direct reference to an article written about use of force relating to the video. So are you telling me that he wouldn't have gotten his ducks in a row before doing a presser? I'm sorry but that's not how I want our police forces to behave.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

zerograv wrote:The bc lawyer who is an expert in impaired isn't wrong, either was the supreme court judge I quoted. Seems the only person wrong is you :) again, way to add nothing to the discussion about the topic, but instead make this some personal vendetta to prove me wrong and change my mind.

Here we go.......all the legal experts who commented on this are wrong, I'm wrong, judges are wrong, all the media covering this is wrong.....and you three castanutters are right.....that's how it works around here isn't it? Feel better now? Sorry massa I promise I won't do it again massa.

If the accused was not impaired, then I'm not sure how an expert in impaired driving is relevant or considered an expert in this particular case.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

Ummm probably because that was the basis for the stop in the first place?...........jeez
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

zerograv wrote:Ummm probably because that was the basis for the stop in the first place?...........jeez

I'm more than willing to change my opinion on the issue faced with any evidence from the incident itself contrary to my current stance, or faced with any binding case law that supports the opposite viewpoint. At this point, neither of those items have been presented and yet you still stand believing that this was a Charter rights infringement.

It is clearly useless for me to carry on this discussion with you. Carry on.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

zerograv wrote:The bc lawyer who is an expert in impaired isn't wrong.......

Yes, I'm sure he wouldn't jump on this particular band wagon for no reason, would he? This will stand in court, you wait and see.

Return to “B.C.”