Banned

Old Port Mann Bridge explosion

Post by I am Canadian »

Pretty cool:

twobits
Guru

Re: Old Port Mann Bridge explosion

Post by twobits »

That is pretty cool. Amazing engineering solution. And who doesn't like a good explosives demonstration?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

twobits wrote:And who doesn't like a good explosives demonstration?

Not me, that brings back memories of my younger years when I worked summers underground while going through post-secondary. The smoke trails you see leading up to the blast points is primer cord, an explosive cord that "burns" from the ignition point to the actual explosives that do the job. It is said that if you lay out primer cord along the ground and ignite one end, it burns at four miles a second. That's a little over 23,000 KPH.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

looks like how 9/11 twin towers went down
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

fluffy wrote:
Not me, that brings back memories of my younger years when I worked summers underground while going through post-secondary. The smoke trails you see leading up to the blast points is primer cord, an explosive cord that "burns" from the ignition point to the actual explosives that do the job. It is said that if you lay out primer cord along the ground and ignite one end, it burns at four miles a second. That's a little over 23,000 KPH.

And that is what makes it so cool. It is a controlled explosion. (we hope lol).
Been involved in enough pipeline jobs to know that it is an absolute science. Primer Cord comes in various different burn speeds . There are also time delayed detonators. It's the mix and match from an experienced powder monkey working with milliseconds of time differential that makes the explosion cool to watch. From a safe distance.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”