Over-insured?

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Over insured?

Post by Bsuds »

How is he being gouged? He is paying the same as everyone else with the same items.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

First,, we don't know he is paying the same as everyone else. There is more than one insurance company depending on where he lives.

Second,,,, at those prices, I'm assuming he has a separate policy on each item, that's gouging. Some insurance companies ( depending where you live) will add to an existing policy for a small fee.

Here's an example : here in BC, ICBC sells you a separate policy for each vehicle. In Alberta, the private insurance companies will add a second, third and so on to the original policy for a small fee. You could have a lot of vehicles insured in Alberta for less than the cost of two in BC.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

He should move to Alberta then.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Or ICBC should take note of automobile insurance in Alberta and Ontario and not gouge the public. I'm sure most would like to be able to have 2 or 3 vehicles covered under one policy with a multiple vehicle discount.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Sure a lot of animosity towards those who work hard to have the finer things in life.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

There is always animosity for whining.

I whine, I get taken to task for it, then I get to dish it back when others whine.

Edited to add: there are many differing definitions of 'finer things', let us not forget that.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

If you can't afford to insure things you own, you can't afford those things.

But why question your own emotional buying decisions when you can blame it on evil insurance companies. Nobody put a gun to your head to buy Harleys. Nobody is putting a gun to your head for insurance money. Sell the damn thing if you can't afford it, and stop your whining. You sound worse than teenager that can't afford a Prada bag but just has to have one because you can't function in life without everyone's approval.

Dang men-babies and their crying.
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Apr 21st, 2015, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

No animosity from me.

It just sounds like Alberta or Ontario might be more accommodating to someone with his priorities. You can't have everything and we all make our compromises.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

At this moment I have 2 motorhomes, 2 SUV's and an antique car. They are my choice. I pay insurance on them all, no big deal as I have a choice to not insure, sell some of them or whatever, but it is my choice the same as it is his. I get my discount on each vehicle the same as if I had one or had them all on one policy. There could be some particular policy charges that would be extra, I haven't checked. I am not getting ripped off any more than I believe he is.

To me any extra expenses are worth it to live in the Okanagan. I worked hard for this and I am enjoying it to the utmost. If the day comes I can't enjoy it, so be it, I will worry about it then, but it will probably be my own problem of my own doing.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Insuranced to death

by Contributed | Story: 138025 - Apr 20, 2015 / 12:26 pm

I'm geting insuranced to death!

I have 2 trucks $3500/year
I have 3 ATVs $600/year
2 Harleys $4000/year
1 House $1200/year
2 life insurance $759/year

That's not including mortgage, health, dental, etc.

Crazy!

Tom Cotter

I don't see any whining or complaining about affordability. Just a statement about insurance gouging.

Just because we live in BC or in the Okanagan doesn't make it acceptable for Ins. gouging.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Most of us feel that calling it gouging is whining.

You don't have to agree with me. And I certainly do not have to agree with you. But we can certainly discuss the differences in our opinions.

Why do you feel it is gouging? Stating it to be so is not expanding on why you feel it to be so.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

When another policy is needed at full price instead of allowing to add to an existing policy with a small add on fee, that is gouging.

When you need insurance and have no choice in companies ex. ICBC, that is gouging.

To judge him by the toys he has is wrong, everyone has their hobby or activity that they like to do. Not everyone will like or agree with each others hobby/activity. To take advantage of these people is wrong, no matter what they do.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

driveangry wrote:Sure a lot of animosity towards those who work hard to have the finer things in life.

I don't begrudge him having what he has listed or more. I do however question his complaining about associated costs.

I too enjoy the finer things but I don't *bleep* about what they cost to either purchase or maintain.

Simple math prior to purchasing things such as ATVS/boats etc regarding the ongoing costs should be enough to make informed decisions.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

driveangry wrote:When another policy is needed at full price instead of allowing to add to an existing policy with a small add on fee, that is gouging.

When you need insurance and have no choice in companies ex. ICBC, that is gouging.

To judge him by the toys he has is wrong, everyone has their hobby or activity that they like to do. Not everyone will like or agree with each others hobby/activity. To take advantage of these people is wrong, no matter what they do.

A) Nobody here is judging him and

B) BC costs what it costs. What good does bitching about it do? Maybe simplistic but if the cost of living in BC is a burden for whatever reason, there are less costly places to live.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Hmmmm. Not really sure how to feel about this concern.

Insuranced to death

by Contributed | Story: 138025 - Apr 20, 2015 / 12:26 pm

I'm geting insuranced to death!

I have 2 trucks $3500/year
I have 3 ATVs $600/year Risk not insuring these items, home insurance should cover them while on your property.
2 Harleys $4000/year Only fully insure when using them, rest of the time should be covered by home insurance
1 House $1200/year
2 life insurance $759/year If your will & investments are up to date with all parties mentioned then this one can be dropped completely, since you are just insuring you will die.

That's not including mortgage, health, dental, etc.

Crazy!

Tom Cotter

My 2 cents
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “B.C.”