4/20 "Mayhem" Fills the ER

Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

4/20 "Mayhem" Fills the ER

Post by Swoop »

...wow - sensationalize much?..."mayhem??"...so a few attendees over-indulged in some brownies/cookies and suddenly it's mayhem at the ER?...news flash - they aren't going to "O/D" and die...just more archaic thinking/reporting...the shift is happening - like it or not - and MJ is here to stay...

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/138108/ ... lls-the-ER

Thousands of revellers celebrated 4/20 Monday across the world, and, as usual, one of the biggest turnouts was in Vancouver.

The annual marijuana celebration took place in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery with a massive “smoke out” at 4:20 p.m.

But, this year, nearly 40 people were admitted to hospital for symptoms including nausea, dizziness and vomiting, reports CTV Vancouver.

Many of those taken to St. Paul’s Hospital are thought to have consumed edible pot products and some were even put on IVs or given a drug similar to Gravol.

Nearly 25,000 people took part in the rally, where vendors sold everything from pot popcorn to THC-laden lollipops.
davis123
Board Meister

Re: 4/20 "Mayhem" Fills the ER

Post by davis123 »

may·hem
/ˈmāˌhem/
noun
noun: mayhem
violent or damaging disorder; chaos.
"complete mayhem broke out"
synonyms: chaos, disorder, havoc, bedlam, pandemonium, tumult, uproar, turmoil, commotion, all hell broken loose, maelstrom, trouble, disturbance, confusion, riot, anarchy, violence, insanity, madness; informalmadhouse
"no one would confess to how the mayhem started"

mayhem lol give me a break! why must the 'news' post crap like this, they make it sound like there were stoners rioting up a storm in Vancouver, they smoked too much, woopty doo! Why were these people even going to the ER, go home and go to bed and sleep it off, what a waste of ER resources.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

No one would read it otherwise. When you look up the definition of mayhem you see where the article is coming from,
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

big pharma must of paid someone to print this, lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

We were on Burrard right beside St Pauls at 5pm. No evidence of mayhem there. We didn't hear a bunch of ambulances or see anything out of the ordinary. Sounds like much ado about nothing.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

More people go to ER after monster truck rallies and hockey games, I bet.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Captain Awesome wrote:More people go to ER after monster truck rallies and hockey games, I bet.

I don't know about Vancouver events, but I would bet the Funtastic slowpitch tourney produces waaaaay more ER visits.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I was actually around that area much of the afternoon. Definitely not mayhem - it resembled more Woodstock than it did a riot. Those who found themselves at the hospital were probably rookies.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

*bleep*.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...relatives of this guy maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHBE2-KTTHI
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

All symptoms of a panic attack and large amounts of THC can induce this in people who aren't somewhat experienced. Impossible to know how strong marajuana brownies are unless you cooked them yourself and you know what your doing. Injesting is often the way many try marajuana for the first time and it's the absolute worst. A single brownie could hold the equivalent of a Cheech and Chong sized joint which is not something I'd recomend smoking by yourself, all at once, as an introduction.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Poindexter wrote:All symptoms of a panic attack and large amounts of THC can induce this in people who aren't somewhat experienced. Impossible to know how strong marajuana brownies are unless you cooked them yourself and you know what your doing. Injesting is often the way many try marajuana for the first time and it's the absolute worst. A single brownie could hold the equivalent of a Cheech and Chong sized joint which is not something I'd recomend smoking by yourself, all at once, as an introduction.

I think I just got high by reading that.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The highly exaggerated article is not an example of any "death by overdose" due to THC but it IS an example of what unregulated THC and a lack of knowledge regarding THC being added to foods can result in'

When Colorado FIRST made adding THC to foods legal in their state they ended up with the same problem and people being taken to the hospital with the same symptoms ... NONE of which resulted in any deaths. It remains to determine if any of the children involve in Colorado will suffer and long term psychological effects but does not seem likely at this point in time.

Colorado has since brought in quality control regulations and worked with producers to eliminate the high and low concentrations of THC in different parts of the same cookie or other food.

Colorado Intelligence and Regulation vs Vancouver Non-regulated "Mayhem" and Emotional Hype.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Donald G wrote:The highly exaggerated article is not an example of any "death by overdose" due to THC but it IS an example of what unregulated THC and a lack of knowledge regarding THC being added to foods can result in'

When Colorado FIRST made adding THC to foods legal in their state they ended up with the same problem and people being taken to the hospital with the same symptoms ... NONE of which resulted in any deaths. It remains to determine if any of the children involve in Colorado will suffer and long term psychological effects but does not seem likely at this point in time.

Colorado has since brought in quality control regulations and worked with producers to eliminate the high and low concentrations of THC in different parts of the same cookie or other food.

Colorado Intelligence and Regulation vs Vancouver Non-regulated "Mayhem" and Emotional Hype.

And the City of Vancouver wants to regulate medical marijuana dispensaries while getting shot down by the federal government.

Return to “B.C.”