$50M lotto winner wants to remain anonymous

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: $50M lotto winner wants to remain anonymous

Post by Hassel99 »

John500 wrote:My opinion, the winner should be asked and has a choice in the matter. Chances of getting less harassed, to me, is important.

The choice is made when you buy the ticket.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

V-Rated wrote:I'm thinking it is some high profile person!
Getting a government/political vibe *wink*

~V~

I was thinking the same, someone like Christy Clark, Stephen Harper, or even Jimmy Pattison .
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

wouldnt you just hire a Lawyer and he takes the ticket and cashes it in trust of said person. all would be published is that the law firm taking control of it and then handing it over to the person and its protected by a contract. law firm wouldnt have to say who the person is as well.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

There was a great CBC radio program a few years ago about the horribly high suicide rates of people who come into money.

You lose your friends (how many multi millionaires do you currently hang with?) and your family will sketch. Loans, expectations, the pressure.

Maybe this person just wants to hide it from everyone and continue to pretend to be a normal Joe. It would be the smart thing to do if you could manage it.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Symbonite wrote:wouldnt you just hire a Lawyer and he takes the ticket and cashes it in trust of said person. all would be published is that the law firm taking control of it and then handing it over to the person and its protected by a contract. law firm wouldnt have to say who the person is as well.

I'm going to try that when I win.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I have a hunch it wouldn't work as I think the winner is to be individuals not corporate entities etc.

I would like to have a 3-6 month window however from claim to fame to get things set up.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

All prize claim documentation must include the claimant's legal first and last name as shown on the valid government issued identification that will be presented with the claim documentation.

** No Assignment of Prize Winnings
Prize winnings cannot be assigned, transferred, lent, sold or otherwise directed to third parties by prize winners. For greater specificity, all prize winnings will be paid directly to the prize winner.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

He didn't do a legal name change in that year?

Rich people are dumb.
Able
Fledgling

Post by Able »

Reminds me of the farmer who won several million in the lottery....when asked what he would be doing with the money his reply was...."Guess I will just keep farming till it is all gone"
Sometimes you eat the bear.....sometimes the bear eats you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/154173/ ... ger-secret

In the future those wishing to play the lottery should clearly read the rules, Lottery gets to publish your name & picture.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I can understand wanting to be anonymous - I'd rather be. But rules are rules. :138:
I haven't failed until I quit.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

and now there's a wacko claiming he accidently threw out the winning ticket and the lottery corp is trying to scam him

Return to “B.C.”