Dad upset after naked kid prompts police visit

Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Dad upset after naked kid prompts police visit

Post by Liquidnails »

Ian McIlwaine of Squamish, B.C., said his family is "shaken and very upset" after RCMP, responding to a complaint by neighbours, visited the family's home because his four-year-old son was playing in the yard naked.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3052126
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Dad 'shaken and upset' after naked kid prompts police vi

Post by Merry »

It's about time the police used a little common sense when responding to a call like this. Once they determined what happened they should have simply said "thanks for your time" and walked away. Not implied there had been some wrong doing by telling her that there could be "further action" if the child is found outdoors naked again.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Merry wrote:It's about time the police used a little common sense when responding to a call like this. Once they determined what happened they should have simply said "thanks for your time" and walked away. Not implied there had been some wrong doing by telling her that there could be "further action" if the child is found outdoors naked again.

It's the way cops do it these days ....

You're guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Tyler got his pants wet and McIlwaine told him to put on some shorts. Instead, the boy emerged from the house naked.

"It was all what seemed to be harmless innocence. I felt like at four years old, he's still pure, he's still innocent," said McIlwaine.

So Dad was right there. The kid was naked. At FOUR years of age. And a neighbor called to COMPLAIN! The cops should have been visiting the neighbor.
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Apr 28th, 2015, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Dad upset after naked kid prompts police visit

Post by Smurf »

It wouldn't bother me at all but I'm sure nudity in public is illegal ad I'll bet there's no age limit. I would say let it go, but once the police are called they have no choice but to enforce the law. They did not do anything excessive, just gave a warning. Just another reason I would not want to be an officer. It can be a terrible job even in the seemingly simplest of situations.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

10:10 again Smurf.

If people want the police to enforce or not enforce morality laws differently then change the laws.

People sexually attracted to children would love parents who let their children play outside nude ... and those who support such behaviour. It is no wonder that one female in five will be sexually assaulted by the age of 18 with thinking like that.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Being a police officer would be an extraordinarily difficult job. It's true that they do have to respond to calls of complaint and that they do have to enforce and uphold the law. That the police officer gave a warning suggests to me that they too felt that the call of complaint was rubbish. But what helps to prevent issues where we have favoritism and that sort of thing, is the requirement that police officers are unable to use common sense - if it's illegal as defined, they simply do have to act. Thats a good thing.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

It's a toddler playing in the naked ferchristsakes.. They do that.

People should know better and the cops should skip the lectures. The last time I called the cops ( because I had a free hand and a phone) , I got one. And I was calling for a store owner who had an angry ,abusive customer.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Smurf wrote:It wouldn't bother me at all but I'm sure nudity in public is illegal ad I'll bet there's no age limit. I would say let it go, but once the police are called they have no choice but to enforce the law. They did not do anything excessive, just gave a warning. Just another reason I would not want to be an officer. It can be a terrible job even in the seemingly simplest of situations.

The naked child was not in public, they were in privacy of their own yard. The police should have apologized for wasting the man's time and then went to speak with the neighbor that called and wasted the police's time.

The day we start punishing people for having a small child running through a sprinkler in their yard while naked...is the day we should all start looking for a new place to live.
Last edited by Danielson99 on May 7th, 2015, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

Why is the neighbor creeping into their yard so much? You notice, and look away continue doing your thing...
I am so glad I don't have that kind of time on my hands.

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Donald G wrote:People sexually attracted to children would love parents who let their children play outside nude ... and those who support such behaviour.

I guess they better get rid of showers and changing rooms at swimming pools and gyms because there is nudity in them every single day of the year. Isn't it absurd that these swimming pools and gyms support such behavior?

Calling a naked child outside playing in their yard 'wrong' is absurd. It's what kids do...and always will do.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Donald G wrote:
People sexually attracted to children would love parents who let their children play outside nude ... and those who support such behaviour.

People sexually attracted to children call it "nude".. People who are NOT call it "naked".
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Danielson99 wrote:The naked child was not in public, they were in privacy of their own yard. The police should have apologized for wasting the man's time and then went to speak with the neighbor that called and wasted the police's time.

The day we start punishing people for having a small child running through a sprinkler in their yard while naked...is the day we should all start looking for a new place to live.

I agree. But the re-education should start with the idiot who made the call.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

No bathing suits on the Island I guess. No paedophiles or pederasts either. The neighbours may be over reacting but the parents are certainly (likely through ignorance) failing to act in the best interests of their children at all.

Do the neighbours who called have young female children of their own that they are trying to teach to wear clothing in public for their own protection ??
Last edited by Donald G on May 7th, 2015, 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “B.C.”