Moose Rider

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Moose Rider

Post by Smurf »

They are a beautiful powerful animal. but that is no reason to try and frighten them to death. I really do wish the moose had got a good shot at them and their boat.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Always Sunny wrote:Has anyone confirmed they're not Americans? Just sayin'

I actually found out last night that the locals in the area know the dipsh*t. He's from Fort St John, and his buddies are from Ft Nelson. Really gotta hope that the CO sticks them with the full $100,000.00 fine.

I couldn't get the names but i talked to friends of mine who know who he is. This actually happened last summer - the morons were bragging about it all the time until it went viral. NOW they're being very quiet.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Seems about right if it happened up at Fort St John.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Ha, I have a relative in Fort St. John. I'll have to ask her if she heard any names. Someone who doesn't like these idiots will spill the beans.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Poindexter wrote:I broke down and watched the video. Is it just me or does it appear the water was shallow enough for the moose to touch bottom? Doesn't change things but I do wish it had been a bull moose because I doubt very much it would have continued to run. Good chance a ticked off bull moose in shallow enough water would have turned and sunk anything but an aluminum hulled boat. That would have been exactly what these morons deserved, swimming for thier lives with an angry moose in pursuit.

Good point, but I think it was over it's head. I think that because if he could touch bottom, it probably would have turned around and made quick s%@t of the a$$hat!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

jamapple wrote:Good point, but I think it was over it's head. I think that because if he could touch bottom, it probably would have turned around and made quick s%@t of the a$$hat!
The moose appeared to be touching bottom. Too bad it wasn't a big bull in rut.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

It's likely when the shitfaces chased it thru the deep water with the boat, the moose headed for shore trying to escape. It was in deep water when *bleep* jumped on its back.

I'm optimistic that the CO Service will bypass the ticketing offence and take it to trial once the investigation is complete. By now, they know who these wastes of skin are. No $345 ticket - let's hope for the $100,000 conviction.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Someone knows who these (fill in whatever word is appropriate) are and if this is what they find funny, then my guess is that they are considered to be (fill in whatever word is appropriate) in general and someone who doesn't like them much will spill the beans.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Once the police have a picture the rest is just a matter of time.

The 300 identified and charged as a result of the tremendous work done by the forensic photography unit of the Vanc PD are ample proof of that. Including some from out of Canada.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Donald G wrote:The 300 identified and charged as a result of the tremendous work done by the forensic photography unit of the Vanc PD are ample proof of that. Including some from out of Canada.

$3,000,000 dollars worth of damage and only cost $9,000,000 dollars to investigate !

I want to point out that is "investigate" no court cost are included in that $9mm.
Around 250 people charged. Hey its only $36,000 per person !

VPD spent $2mm on video equipment alone.

We live in interesting times my friends.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

What is the alternative, they go unpunished. No thanks, find them and throw the book at them. Maybe they should be given one month to turn themselves in and after that they are responsible for all costs to identify them. That might work in all cases such as hit and run or whatever. There should be some way to recoup costs from the idiots that break our laws. It would make a lot of people think twice if they were paying for the rest of their life.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Hassel99 ...

The alternative was to let them go. Identifying them for criminal purposes also left them as sitting ducks for the civil lawsuits that continue to follow the most destructive offenders.

The whole experience put the Vancouver Police Department into one of the leading roles in North America in being able to mix and match information from about 100 different kinds of photo recording equipment and provide "expert court testimony".

The equipment and top of the line training the forensic photography section received is now routinely being used to help investigators solve many of the serious and routine crimes that have taken place throughout the City since the riot. It will continue to do so into the future as the world becomes more and more electronic.

That is a lot of value for money spent.

Return to “B.C.”